Indian tourists lied that their jewellery was stolen by 'ladyboy' thieves in Pattaya

webfact

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

»...the value of the lost jewellery was unlikely to be 1-million THB (over US.$300.000).«

Eh – 30 x 300,000 = 9 million bath, just right out of my head, and an electronic calculater may confirm that. whistling.gif

But have you seen it ?

post-41816-0-67552000-1382966060_thumb.j............smile.png

• Like 1

Indians in Pattaya wearing jewelry to the tune of USD 30,000 (not $ 300.00 as the article says)? When usually they are so cheap that 3 of them share one bed with 3 ladyboys? Right!

I wouldn't know.Maybe you have more experience?

What gold, there never was any to start with ! Should be done for wasting police time.

Most likely there was ... and still is ... that gold somewhere. This reeks of an insurance scam. Otherwise, why would they have lied about gold being stolen?

Indians in Pattaya wearing jewelry to the tune of USD 30,000 (not $ 300.00 as the article says)? When usually they are so cheap that 3 of them share one bed with 3 ladyboys? Right!

The article is from Pattaya Daily news

I'm not sure any comment was required on either it's accuracy or journalistic skills.

So now the Press in Thailand cannot be held to account for the accuracy of their reports?

Well I suppose it fits in with a lot of other scenarios here.

The article is from Pattaya Daily news

I'm not sure any comment was required on either it's accuracy or journalistic skills.

So now the Press in Thailand cannot be held to account for the accuracy of their reports?

Well I suppose it fits in with a lot of other scenarios here.

India nationals allegedly running a scam. Yes, somehow this just must be Thailand's fault.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I wouldn't know.Maybe you have more experience?

You obviously don't read the news clippings on this forum.....

I have heard of a number of false police reports made so tourists would then return home and file loss claims with their personal or travel insurance. The insurance companies require some 'proof of loss' and a police report is the best.

Seems I heard in Pattaya a number of years ago that the Police were so over run with this kind of report that they issued a public warning that false claim filers would be prosecuted.

Any links to this warning? Pls post if you have -

It's sad to see this thread just being used to be rude about Indians.

I have known a great many Indians in my time, most of the one's I have known have been great guys, honest and respectable.

It's sad if an incident like this makes people believe that it's "an Indian thing", because it's not.

oh well a good slaps for those who were bashing the ladyboys lately .... whistling.gif

Why absolutely! One story in a thousand turns out to be false. A real smackdown for the anti-LB crowd for sure. Now where do you suppose these Indians even got the idea that a ladyboy would make a good villain for their scheme?

• Like 1

The trouble is that the media stereotype of a Ladyboy is so negative that it's easy for people to believe any story that involves a Ladyboy being a thief.

This stereotype is factually incorrect. Ladyboys are not more likely to be thieves.. if you find that statement hard to accept then I suggest that your experience of ladyboys is limited only to a few examples that hang around beach road or 2nd road Pattaya or some touristy areas in Bangkok.

Of course there are criminal Ladyboys, but the vast majority are decent and honest people who just want a chance to get on with their lives and be treated with respect.

I'm sure the vast majority of us are very happy that your vast experience of LB's is so much more than ours (nil in my case).

I, for one, will take your word for everything in your post even though I don't believe any of it. But that's just my opinion.

It's sad to see this thread just being used to be rude about Indians.

I have known a great many Indians in my time, most of the one's I have known have been great guys, honest and respectable.

It's sad if an incident like this makes people believe that it's "an Indian thing", because it's not.

I agree to a certain extent but it is a fact that most (all) Indians I have met in Thailand have tried to flog something to me.

• Like 1

Well, knock me over with a feather. Shocked. Reminds me of the case in Australia in which an Indian student claimed to have been set on fire when his car was torched by a group of thugs. The story went world-wide, much soul- searching and shock in the community. Outrage in India. Turned out he accidentally set himself on fire while torching the car for insurance. Makes people sceptical when horrible things really happen ( eg the story on TV about a Norwegian being killed by a stiletto heel, ladyboy assault...turned out to be rubbish, but never acknowledged s such)

• Like 1

Insurance claim in the wind ???

What about making a False Statement , what about Investigation costs, what about Misleading Police , What about .......................Oh heck , just lock the losers up & contact their Insurance Company

coffee1.gif

The trouble is that the media stereotype of a Ladyboy is so negative that it's easy for people to believe any story that involves a Ladyboy being a thief.

This stereotype is factually incorrect. Ladyboys are not more likely to be thieves.. if you find that statement hard to accept then I suggest that your experience of ladyboys is limited only to a few examples that hang around beach road or 2nd road Pattaya or some touristy areas in Bangkok.

Of course there are criminal Ladyboys, but the vast majority are decent and honest people who just want a chance to get on with their lives and be treated with respect.

Hmmm....Then how come when the Thai police in Pattaya want to do a crime crackdown, first

thing they do is round up the ladyboys ?? Perhaps you need to pay more attention to the news....