IP Ranges blocked

draftvader

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, BBC and other some sites mentioned won't load for me with True on my desktop but will load on my phone. Last time I saw this happen was when True instead of blocking one site simply blocked everything on that server including a range of sites that were just regular sites, nothing malicious.

Yep, BBC and other some sites mentioned won't load for me with True on my desktop but will load on my phone. Last time I saw this happen was when True instead of blocking one site simply blocked everything on that server including a range of sites that were just regular sites, nothing malicious.

Was it resolved fairly quickly?

Big Brother is watching , or is it protesting giggle.gif .... no idea but i'm giving up for the day.. time to go fishing biggrin.png Keep us posted gang, chokdee !!

PS On True ultra hi speed... Sattahip .....

Edited by noikrit

[EDIT] Fixed formatting [/EDIT]

Using 3BB ADSL in BKK and also unable to connect to the before mentioned sites and some others.

gog.com
instagram.com

Here is the thing, I have a mobile on an AIS 3G plan and CAN access some of these sites.

Shall lodge a fault with 3BB to help things along. From what I am seeing it appears to be a combination of Routing and DNS and from the above I suspect it may be getting worse.

I can resolve but not ping www.instagram.com

I can't resolve www.gog.com anymore on either the mobile or adsl link.

So I did deeper, I use a web based nslookup and get these results

Non-authoritative answer: Name:	gog.com Address: 212.91.20.73 Name:	gog.com Address: 212.91.20.87 Name:	gog.com Address: 212.91.20.88 Name:	gog.com Address: 212.91.20.72 ok, so I ping all the addresses and get packet loss (packets sent but no replys).  That is... packets are getting dropped/discarded not rejected.

Few reasons why this could be happening.

1. Packets are dropped by routers because of resource consumption
2. Routers don't know where to route packets and have also been configured to drop insteat of replying with an unknown route to save on overhead.
3. IP addresses being filtered by a firewall. ie the IP addresses are being blocked If DNS isn't working it would be because the authoritive DNS server is inside a range of blocked IPs and host A records have expired...

hmmmm... The cause could be broken route tables, a DOS attack or internet censorship (Linked to the protests in perhaps BKK?)

Edited by WinterST
  • Like 1

3BB in Phuket, and I'm having the same problems. Amazon.com isn't loading, nor any of its sub-sites (affiliates program etc) which is a pain because I need to use them for work! Everything working as normal on my phone via 3G though. Hoping they get this fixed soon!

Use 3BB in Hua Hin and noticed this morning that I can't access http://www.raspberrypi.org/ - maybe that this is blocked as well......

I don't think any of this has been deliberately blocked - the sites affected are too broad and varied. Someone has just screwed up somewhere.

I agree, it's just too random.

I can access http://gawker.com but cannot access their shortened URL http://gaw.kr/5AipSNR

Maybe time to go out and see the world whilst we all wait for this to rectify itself :)

If you want to get around the routing issue use a web proxy... JUST note that I don't recommend logging in or purchasing anything through such a proxy... you never know if they are recording what you do including your passwords and credit card details...

If you're just reading a news site and don't need to login or purchase anything then I think you're safe enough. Also good idea to clear cookies before using such a proxy.

Cheers.

Winnie

Edited by WinterST

I'm already fighting more than two weeks with True and thought that it was the bad connection in my "village" (Nimitmai Rd.), but since last night it went completely wrong and this morning I phoned 1686 (again) and they excused themselves that there is a problem with international traffic. You can get an sms when it's working (fine???) again.

They are working!

http://www.antoni-uni-photography.com/Ratcha-Anachak-Thai/TECHNICAL-STUFF/Its-TRUE-Really/25827080_d4x3bW#!i=2138163006&k=Vjfcmbt&lb=1&s=A

Well, some sites that weren't working this morning for me are connecting again all of a sudden. Amazon is still unavailable, but maybe this is a sign they're working on it?

Yeap, WIkipedia seems to have started to load up for me again.

All I want is access to my VPS then I can rest easy...

Cat have called me and told me that their dns servers are having some trouble and also some problem with one of their underwater submarine cable. Since many of the isps in Thailand utilize cat's international gateway I suspect this is why its affecting us all. They have told me it will be resolved by mid november.

Very interesting indeed. I'll have to speak to 3BB today and see if there is an explanation. Keep them coming.

Link opened for me ermm.gif And I'm with TOT on Phuket, BTW.

Edited by jpeg

Mid November?! So that's potentially a week without access to some of these sites? Anyone got a recommendation for a cheap VPN in that case?

Yeah, anyone that is using a VPN that's working fine and of a reasonable price I would be grateful to hear about it.

Well, some sites that weren't working this morning for me are connecting again all of a sudden. Amazon is still unavailable, but maybe this is a sign they're working on it?

Amazon opened straight away for me too. Surely the much maligned TOT has not been found to be superior after all? laugh.png

Mid November?! So that's potentially a week without access to some of these sites? Anyone got a recommendation for a cheap VPN in that case?

Being that we have no idea of why this "block" (morelike corrupt addressing tables) has happened I am not going to openly share that kind of information publicly for fear of this thread being closed.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/334588-proxies-vpn-and-other-information/

However I have PMed you with some information.

• Like 1