Buying a 250 motocycle, your suggestions?

Belamar

Yes, the nice price.

By the way, where do I rent such the big motorcycles (250 or 300cc) without having to leave my passport or a big amount of money as a deposit (like 30k baht)?

Switch off your computer and go find out....

I already did it, otherwise I wouldn't have asked.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, the nice price.

By the way, where do I rent such the big motorcycles (250 or 300cc) without having to leave my passport or a big amount of money as a deposit (like 30k baht)?

Well I know one in pattaya if that helps?

Sent from my phone with the app thingy.

Yes, the nice price.

No you didn't... Go out and ask some people what you want to know..

We have given you advice but there are limits.. Get off your ass and find some info for yourself !!

Yes, the nice price.

Well I know one in pattaya if that helps?

No, I'm in Samui.

So get a photocopy of your passport. Maybe a copy of your apartment/ house papers with 5-10k in ya pocket and go around and ask. If you are smart. Friendly and prepared you may get a results. Good luck

Sent from my aigoPadM60 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

So get a photocopy of your passport. Maybe a copy of your apartment/ house papers with 5-10k in ya pocket and go around and ask. If you are smart. Friendly and prepared you may get a results. Good luck

Sent from my aigoPadM60 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I rented a Wave in Chiang Mai, 1,000 baht deposit and copy of passport. I also rented a Fino on Koh Chang by leaving my US Drivers license. Yeah I have a Thai DL in case I'm stopped by the cops :)

Just curious, my 1964 Honda CB250 SS could rev to 11,000 RPM, what do the modern Honda 250's rev too ?........Posted Image

Maybe the OP would like a Honda CBR250RR 19,000rpm.

Maybe a Red line thread should be started.Posted Image

I had an MC19 the R not RR. It was a fun bike BUT riding around at 60-80kmh at like 7-10,000rpm was embarrassing at times.. you know brrrrrrrrrbrrrrrrnrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr and then going passed at scooter speed :lol::lol::lol::P:p:p

• Like 1

Just curious, my 1964 Honda CB250 SS could rev to 11,000 RPM, what do the modern Honda 250's rev too ?........smile.png

Maybe the OP would like a Honda CBR250RR 19,000rpm.

Maybe a Red line thread should be started.laugh.png

I had an MC19 the R not RR. It was a fun bike BUT riding around at 60-80kmh at like 7-10,000rpm was embarrassing at times.. you know brrrrrrrrrbrrrrrrnrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr and then going passed at scooter speed laugh.png:lol:laugh.pngtongue.png:P:p

My old '64 sadly only had 4 gears, but first was very long, with the rpm and clutch control l had a lot of fun with it. The UK big bikes of the time had trouble dealing with it. smile.png

what i see here, all focused on redline!

which means nothign on normal conditions.

i wonder how can you go 19,000 rpm while riding around down town Bangkok.

Torque is your friend especially if it is a low displacement motorcycle.

For some of us using rpm with clutch is fun, the sound is fun. Depends what you want. My old 6.8 V8 would rev to 6800rpm and was great fun on the street.

For some of us using rpm with clutch is fun, the sound is fun. Depends what you want. My old 6.8 V8 would rev to 6800rpm and was great fun on the street.

if i have a 6800 cc engine V8 that can rev to 6800 rpm, i might rev it till the end as well. But tell me, what many kph your V8 makes on 5th gear at 6800 rpm?

but for a 250 cc?

fun is in the eye of the beholder also transam. for me a smooth but aggressive ride is fun not revving the engine especially if it is passed the peak power.

Edited by ll2

Only had 3 gears and the final drive was changed for acceleration, probably had a max speed of 130mph.

so you cannot rev your car to 6800 rpm in any open road but only on track - legally of coursebiggrin.png

On the contrary, revved it on the street all the time. Hydraulic trans and a high stall converter. thumbsup.gif

Though the norm was max 5500rpm with street driving in first and second. BUT, the B&M converter was a peach, could poodle around with drive.

^

once upon a time, one of my gfs had a V8 chevy impala old model and it was fun to drive something that big and that torquey as we have mostly compact 1600 cc cars in Europe.

it was still boring if you compare with a motorcycle - i mean any.

Edited by ll2

^

once upon a time, one of my gfs had a V8 chevy impala old model and it was fun to drive something that big and that torquey as we have mostly compact 1600 cc cars in Europe.

Perhaps that model of ride was boring. Wish you could of had a ride in my 2 ton dinosaur thumbsup.gif . Remember my dinosaur was quicker than many bikes over a quarter mile drag strip. It was quicker than a Ferrari and Lamborghini on the quarter mile dash. smile.png That was great fun being quicker than mega buck rides.

Whichever one I choose, what guys do recommend me to pay attention to when I'm buying it? That is to say, what necessary documents must it have, which parts of the motorcycle do I have to pay attention to especially more carefully, etc?

Edited by Belamar

^

Perhaps that model of ride was boring. Wish you could of had a ride in my 2 ton dinosaur thumbsup.gif . Remember my dinosaur was quicker than many bikes over a quarter mile drag strip. It was quicker than a Ferrari and Lamborghini on the quarter mile dash. smile.png That was great fun being quicker than mega buck rides.

possibly on a straight line.

transam, i am coming from a car loving family with rally champions so i know cars very well - but i only bought one car in my life which was a vw beetle 1961 which i sold it after 3 months.

my family pressured me not to ride big geared bikes a bit - my grandad made a big accident with his harley long time ago - so they threw the keys of an old but gold well maintained Fiat Abarth 131 to me - i attached a photo of it from internet, not original, had the same colour though - so i bought my first geared bike secretly and was keeping it at a friend's house so everyday was riding to my friends house with my car, leaving the car there, and than riding my bike to the schoolbiggrin.png for some time.

So, cars are boring man!!! I like bikes, their flickability, their stance, their sound, their curve loving way, everything about them!

post-184955-0-42783200-1384855986_thumb.

Whichever one I choose, what guys do recommend me to pay attention to when I'm buying it? That is to say, what necessary documents must it have, which parts of the motorcycle do I have to pay attention to especially more carefully, etc?

Your thread is getting lost in rpm. laugh.png

As said many times some can add more, when buying check book with frame number and engine number.

What papers you need will depend on the DLT you go to, they are not all the same.

As for the bike, just check history most modern bikes especially Jap bike can take a lot of abuse so if your not sure take someone who knows.

For me just looking at it and hear it start, and riding it will make my mind up.smile.png

• Like 1

what's the difference between cbr250, cbr250r and cbr250rr, which one should I choose?

The Cbr250 is the common name for the single cylinder Thai made bike available. It is actually called Cbr250r but that and the RR is also the name of a 4 cylinder bike from the 90's. You cannot buy these new now. Much is the pity :)

So you can only buy the single cylinder 250 new. Although early next year there will be a new 300cc Cbr. Personally if buying new I would wait. If buying 2nd hand .go for one now and enjoy the cool season.

what's the difference between cbr250, cbr250r and cbr250rr, which one should I choose?

The Cbr250 is the common name for the single cylinder Thai made bike available. It is actually called Cbr250r but that and the RR is also the name of a 4 cylinder bike from the 90's. You cannot buy these new now. Much is the pity smile.png

So you can only buy the single cylinder 250 new. Although early next year there will be a new 300cc Cbr. Personally if buying new I would wait. If buying 2nd hand .go for one now and enjoy the cool season.

4 cylinder 250. thumbsup.gif

The Cbr250 is the common name for the single cylinder Thai made bike available. It is actually called Cbr250r but that and the RR is also the name of a 4 cylinder bike from the 90's. You cannot buy these new now. Much is the pity smile.png

I'm renting a cbr250R now, it's new. Why isn't it called cbr250 then?