Motorola Moto G

Toosetinmyways

It's supposed to be released in the US in January, don't know about Thailand.. Because of the very small brand recognition here in Thailand, it may be awhile. Most Thai's want IPhone.. Apple they know, Motorola not so much.

What i do is i buy tech stuff like this in singapore or hongkong.. most likely getting released there before thailand.. since i must leave country every 3 months anyway i combine that. Maybe thats an option for you, but do check before you go if its on sale.

• 2 months later...

Yes and no.. there is a guy selling them. Facebook : thainexusman. 16g 8900b

Droidsans. Say they will be here sometime in February @6900b for 8g

Brightstar will be world wide distribution. They have an office in Bkk

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by casualbiker

It seems like all of the Moto G models being sold here are being imported from the U.S. Play Store; 8 GB/$179, 16 GB/$199. With potential state sales tax, S & H, reshipping, you could conceivably land one here ~ $280. Maybe be simpler to buy a grey-market import here? Especially if they offer any sort of exchange/warranty?

I have my doubts that Motorola/Thailand will localize this product.

You could order from the U.S. Play Store, and use a re-shipper, or ask someone to buy it for you, and re-ship it, or bring it in for you.

Thainexusman shows as sold out, I think: http://www.thainexusman.com/product/86/moto-g-16-gbfilm

Edited by lomatopo

From: http://reviews.cnet.com/cell-phones/motorola-moto-g/4505-6454_7-35831726.html

The good: The Motorola Moto G is extremely affordable, unlocked, and runs Android 4.3 Jelly Bean. The phone is compact and has premium build quality that belies its low price. The Moto G’s speakers pack lots of volume.
The bad: The processor is slow, and the phone comes with a maximum of 16GB of storage and no LTE. The phone’s screen is dim and lacks contrast and vivid colors. The Moto G’s camera takes blurry photos without much detail.
The bottom line: You can't beat the price of the Moto G, but the more expensive and more powerful Nexus 5 remains your shrewdest unlocked Android option.
Seems like an OK budget phone, was considering it as a back-up, but now maybe think it is best avoided. Glad I read some reviews.

From: http://reviews.cnet.com/cell-phones/motorola-moto-g/4505-6454_7-35831726.html

The good: The Motorola Moto G is extremely affordable, unlocked, and runs Android 4.3 Jelly Bean. The phone is compact and has premium build quality that belies its low price. The Moto G’s speakers pack lots of volume.

The bad: The processor is slow, and the phone comes with a maximum of 16GB of storage and no LTE. The phone’s screen is dim and lacks contrast and vivid colors. The Moto G’s camera takes blurry photos without much detail.

The bottom line: You can't beat the price of the Moto G, but the more expensive and more powerful Nexus 5 remains your shrewdest unlocked Android option.

Seems like an OK budget phone, was considering it as a back-up, but now maybe think it is best avoided. Glad I read some reviews.

Complete bullshit about the processor and screen. The camera is only OK. I agree there.

It's also now on 4.4

Here is a picture taken at doi inthanon.

Lomo. Where in Bkk are you? Your welcome to try mine before you buy.

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

post-195835-13903625861841_thumb.jpg

Edited by casualbiker

• 3 weeks later...