Double-decker bus crash on Chonburi-Pattaya road injures 23 Russian tourists

webfact

And they are talking about high speed trains!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good way to have a mass killing of hundreds in one go..................

5555...like those advanced rich countries like Spain, where they have such safety minded train operators

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the bangkok sky train has been running for 10 years without any fatalities due to operator error or negligence. It is the greed of the owner operators in pushing long working hours and unrealistic schedules that causes drivers to drive in an unsafe manner.

Been waiting for this weeks one. Just thinking about the topic where guys were saying it was safe to do boarder runs via bus or van. laugh.png ................crazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZ.gif

"SAFE" & "BORDER RUN" together does NOT compute

Tragic for the injured BUT it is a normal occurrence , I am surprised it even made the news. We saw at least 3 last Xmas within 5 weeks that didn't rate a mention anywhere.

Oh well, maybe the Committee that is castigating the localGovt. about lack of Safety Regs not being enforced in the Marine area may include the Roads.

Ooops ! sorry what can I be thinking ??? "Safety for Travellers in Pattaya" What a b----y joke

ph34r.png

Several of the tourists have been rushed to a Bangkok clinic.

I woulda rushed them to a proper hospital.

There are at last 3 hospitals in Sriracha and more in Pattaya. Why subject the injured to at least an hours journey to BKK?

• Like 1

Let me guess, bus was in far right fast lane, travelling too fast, the driver was what, age 27, drunk at the wheel, on ya-ba at the wheel, texting at the wheel, fell asleep at the wheel? It's amazing how many large vehicles end up in the ditch or over turned. Talk about losing face. Real losers. They drive too fast on every road, in every situation, all because they and their little head are bigger than the next guy.

What the hell are you on about???

Sleeping busdrivers! Drugged ferry-captains! Kamakazi minivan-drivers! Drugged/drunk cardrivers!

Weekly derailments!

Seems like the only way to survive in Thailand, is to stay home, and post on Thaivisa!!coffee1.gif

If I stay home the wife would kill me !!

23 down ..... and about 2 million to go

What a horrible statement !!! Do you have ANY respect for the life of other people? People were hurt and some may die. Show some respect please. I am not Russian but it doesn't matter, we are all people.

Speedy recovery to those injured and I hope there is no loss of life.

• Like 1

Isn't about time that Thailand uses modern means or even old fashioned disks that are in use for 30 years around the world to check upon the working hours and the rest that bus and lorry driver takes. Everybody knows that professional drivers should take a rest after 3 to 4 hours. As soon as the authorities start fining the companies they work for with monster amounts the number of people killed on thailand's road will half at the very least. It won;t happen. Thai Chinese and Thai Indians who own almost all of these companies have only one thing in mind. A dollar Sign.

Tachograph way to go!!! then your 150 Baht bus trip half across the country will cost you 2000 baht + a few more hours, yeah, way to go!

23 down ..... and about 2 million to go

What a horrible statement !!! Do you have ANY respect for the life of other people? People were hurt and some may die. Show some respect please. I am not Russian but it doesn't matter, we are all people.

Speedy recovery to those injured and I hope there is no loss of life.

Define "people" ...

Unusual to have a double decker bus in Thailand. Where do they stow the passenger baggage or was this a day trip return out of Pattaya?

Literally thousands of Double Deckers in Thailand. This photo taken yesterday in Bangkok. coffee1.gif

post-124914-0-90235100-1384578092_thumb.

Isn't about time that Thailand uses modern means or even old fashioned disks that are in use for 30 years around the world to check upon the working hours and the rest that bus and lorry driver takes. Everybody knows that professional drivers should take a rest after 3 to 4 hours. As soon as the authorities start fining the companies they work for with monster amounts the number of people killed on thailand's road will half at the very least. It won;t happen. Thai Chinese and Thai Indians who own almost all of these companies have only one thing in mind. A dollar Sign.

Tachograph way to go!!! then your 150 Baht bus trip half across the country will cost you 2000 baht + a few more hours, yeah, way to go!

You are talking complete and utter rubbish! bah.gif You are implying that to keep costs low there is no alternative than to simply accept buses that are run by cowboy outfit's which is irresponsible

If you look at paragraph 6 the NCA website you will see all their buses are equipped with GPS satellite, black box devices to record incidents as well as the speed being monitored from a control centre. And on virtually all their journeys they have two drivers.

Their ticket prices are still inexpensive and nowhere near the amount that you are implying.

If NCA can provide decent standards, there is absolutely no excuse whatsoever for the Thai government not to impose these as minimum standards on all other bus companies.

http://www.nca.co.th/qulity.php

Edited by Asiantravel

Let me guess, bus was in far right fast lane, travelling too fast, the driver was what, age 27, drunk at the wheel, on ya-ba at the wheel, texting at the wheel, fell asleep at the wheel? It's amazing how many large vehicles end up in the ditch or over turned. Talk about losing face. Real losers. They drive too fast on every road, in every situation, all because they and their little head are bigger than the next guy.

I believe it is called having a big ego that controls you instead of the other way around.

Its a normal trait of uneducated people who dont know better.

I feel sorry for those that got hurt, and i wish them a speedy recovery.

If you feel sorry for these people that, I presume, you do not know,

With all that is going on in this world in terms of tragedies,

You must be one hell of a sorry guy...

I tried this one on and perhaps, you may find a good fit.

"It is better to understand, than to be understood." and "It is by forgiving that one is forgiven".

If you can't find your size, perhaps someone can extend a hand.

Edited by Benmart