who uses the "ignore" option ?

CharlieH

Who uses the "ignore" option and how many are on your ignore list ?

Not asking who's on it or why, thats individual choice, so lets get that sorted!

I have only just recently known that such a facility even existed, but now use it and I have 2 users on it.(so far).

Edited by CharlieH
  • Like 1

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those who didnt know before or dont know where it is.........

Go to your profile page.

In the upper right hand corner, click on Edit my Profile. Now look over on the left hand side of the page.

Look for 'Ignore' Preferences, click on that. You will see:

Add a new user to my list, in the panel below that, type in the member's name you wish to ignore, then select your options to the right.

And you're done.

(Do not add a moderator or Admin to your ignore list though.)

• Like 2

However, always remember old kung <deleted> saying,

See the Way of life as a stream. A man floats, and his way is smooth. The same man, turning to fight upstream, exhausts himself. To be One with the Universe, each must find his true path and follow it

Edited by somchaismith

See the Way of life as a stream. A man floats, and his way is smooth. The same man, turning to fight upstream, exhausts himself. To be One with the Universe, each must find his true path and follow it

Yep, I did and they put the price of beer up. sad.png ......................laugh.png

• Like 1

I've put about 40 people on my 'Ignore'-list, over several years, and at least half of them have subsequently been 'Banned".

It's a useful way of filtering-out the rude or idiotic or (I suspect) paid-to-posters, and saves my blood-pressure. smile.png

That said, a couple of times I've un-ignored people, with whom I often disagree but respect their genuine belief in their posted point-of-view.

A little variety or disagreement can be a good thing ! wai2.gif

• Like 1

Like Ricardo, I use the ignore function in the political threads to get rid of the trolls. Including one person that has posted in this thread. Most of those I ignore, over time, are banned ,,, then a significant protion just stop posting because they consistenlty get called out on the BS they post. A few survive.

But what if you don't want to end up living on the coast?

• Like 1

Everyone is free to put me on ignore, nothing I can do about, but imho it shows the weakness of that poster as he seems to be unable to accept other peoples views on a subject and is unable to defend himself.

Nothing to be proud about I would say.

Missed the point completely ! Its about not having to be subjected to the pointless personal attacks that some posters delight in making and total venom spat out that has nothing to do with the topic being discussed. Its done I suspect out of frustration and inability to articulate their point if view, more realistically for sport, because they can hide behind a keyboard.

There are valid arguments for any viewpoint, each to their own, but the option allows for a person not to be subjected to pointless bile. In my opinion.

I think for that there is a report button, and if valid it will be dealt with by the mods.

• Like 1

Everyone is free to put me on ignore, nothing I can do about, but imho it shows the weakness of that poster as he seems to be unable to accept other peoples views on a subject and is unable to defend himself.

Nothing to be proud about I would say.

Missed the point completely ! Its about not having to be subjected to the pointless personal attacks that some posters delight in making and total venom spat out that has nothing to do with the topic being discussed. Its done I suspect out of frustration and inability to articulate their point if view, more realistically for sport, because they can hide behind a keyboard.

There are valid arguments for any viewpoint, each to their own, but the option allows for a person not to be subjected to pointless bile. In my opinion.

I think for that there is a report button, and if valid it will be dealt with by the mods.

Considering your 180 + posts I can see why you may have that opinion albeit misplaced in my opinio.