Security chief doesn't expect 1 million at Democracy Monument rally

webfact

By English News

13848455332948.jpg

BANGKOK, Nov 19 – Off-limits zones in the vicinity of Thailand's government centre will not be expanded despite a protesters’ announcement that they will escalate their demonstration to one million people on Sunday, a top security official said today.

Paradorn Pattanatabut, secretary general of the National Security Council, said security officials don't believe the rally will draw one million protesters as claimed by former Democrat MP Suthep Thaugsuban.

Only tens of thousands of people joined the rally each time a larger demonstration was announced, he said.

Lt Gen Paradorn gave assurances that the government will not expand the application area for the Internal Security Act already in place in three major districts in and around significant state buildings declared as no-entry areas.

He said the authorities would try their best to prevent confrontations between the two rival political groups in light of a rally by pro-government Red Shirt people at Rajamangala Stadium in Hua Mak, starting today.

Red Shirt activists are entering Bangkok from the provinces, he said. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2013-11-19

Perhaps the numbers may well change regarding the anti government demonstrators when the public fully appreciate the P.T.P. puppet governments comment concerning court rulings. Personally I feel that the figure of 1 million people is somewhat optimistic as well as the figures quoted for the Red Shirt pro government demonstrators, Looking at Asia Update at around 15-30 hrs today the sports stadium certainly did not seem full to capacity in fact rather the opposite in fact.

Time alone will tell, however I feel that the cauldron is about to boil over and the result could be tragic. I do hope I am wrong though, desperate ends lead to desperate means and certainly it seems as if this P.T.P. puppet government are clutching at straws at this moment in time.

• Like 2

Perhaps they wont get one million this time , but if the PTP continue on the same old track they have been travelling , it may very well each this figure, their type of government, as the Thai people are starting to find out , is all for them and nothing for the man in the street, the worm is slowly turning , providing the momentum is kept up , PM Yingluck Shinawatra and her band of un-represented swill are destined for the trash bin.bah.gif

• Like 1

Seems to me not many will be coming from the Issan region... Harvest season for rice and sugar cane in most areas.Bad planning by the red shirts, but then again how many of the so called " Grass root leaders " ever actually worked on a farm as opposed to being the ones renting out the land to those they purport to represent ?

By English News

x13848455332948.jpg.pagespeed.ic.raWIRrW

BANGKOK, Nov 19 – Off-limits zones in the vicinity of Thailand's government centre will not be expanded despite a protesters’ announcement that they will escalate their demonstration to one million people on Sunday, a top security official said today.

Lt Gen Paradorn gave assurances that the government will not expand the application area for the Internal Security Act already in place in three major districts in and around significant state buildings declared as no-entry areas.

If a million show up he will do as the million tell him to do.

Red Shirt activists are entering Bangkok from the provinces, he said. (MCOT online news)

activists well that dosen't sound good.

Maybe he should forget the anti government and concentrate on the activists we know they have nothing against violence and killing unless they are the ones killed.

Don't think they will get a million in the middle of rice harvesting season.

This is anti government protestors not red shirt protestors.

On the other hand they will make more money here than ion a rice paddy.

Surely there are also rice farmer who demonstrate against the government.

Some wake up recently.

Don't forget, Suthep has the declared support of the overwhelming majority of the Thai people ~ it must be true, I've read it several time on Thai Visa!

Don't forget that Thaksin and the PTP have the majority of Thailand on their side.

It must be true as I have read that on ThaiVisa many times.

I would assume that 100k -200k would be a number that would truly be enough for the Dems to force an extra-constitutional solution to the crap that has been happening in both the house and the senate over the last weeks. Between the PTP majority in the house not allowing debate over the 2nd and third readings of the amnesty bill, and the senate telling members that the debate on the 2Trillion baht loan would happen after 9am in the morning and then calling the vote at 0320 ... it is showing that the current government and parliamentarians have no respect for doing things the proper way.

I would assume that 100k -200k would be a number that would truly be enough for the Dems to force an extra-constitutional solution to the crap that has been happening in both the house and the senate over the last weeks. Between the PTP majority in the house not allowing debate over the 2nd and third readings of the amnesty bill, and the senate telling members that the debate on the 2Trillion baht loan would happen after 9am in the morning and then calling the vote at 0320 ... it is showing that the current government and parliamentarians have no respect for doing things the proper way.

The PAD hat over 500K when they took the government house and it didn't force anything.

With regards the 2 trillion, people on TVF seem to be the only people complaining, I thought the approval yesterday was from the senate, nothing to do with the Government voting?

Jesus, they barely get a million people to vote for them, where the hell do they think 1 million people will actually come and stand around singing and dancing,

I see that maths isn't your strong point. BS seems to be your strong point though.

With regards the 2 trillion, people on TVF seem to be the only people complaining, I thought the approval yesterday was from the senate, nothing to do with the Government voting?

Then you are not paying attention. (which seems par for the course) since the senate barely had a quorum and that was after telling those opposed to the bill that the vote would be the next day. It seems as if you approve of this type of behavior.