Many females want to be fair skin. Why are they so Prejudice? Or are they?

quiuvo

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All females desire to be fairer. Even the white ones yes there are many white females that tan themselves but think about this. They are deathly pale. Some white ppl are just deathly pale so they do tan not that they actually want to be black skinned or really tanned or anything it's just that they are so pale on the extreme scale that even if they did tan they wouldn't be dark skinned like a mexican/thai female. Most females of every race desire to be fairer not darker. African females use bleaching for example. Some white females tan cos most of them are so pale anyhow. The ones like say the spanish ones that aren't that dark don't tan.

In Australia, England America etc, all the fair girls want a tan and to be darker. Here their desire to be fairer, but is much worse. It is almost an obsession.

Apparently if a product does not have "white" on it, it does not sell, and that is not just for toothpaste etc, but EVERY cosmetic!

My wife's cousin died at 22yo from some "get whiter" injections, and yet my wife still buys these BS products to make her whiter.

At best the products simply don't work, at worse, they can kill you. One thing keeping me from having a kid with her, is that she will pass on this "whiter is better" syndrome. Apparently it stems from farmers are dark coz in the sun, and richer (merchants etc) are whiter coz out of the sun. A class/status system I guess. I see girls all rugged up (and must be boiling), just so they don't get sun on them.

In Aus, girls all want to be darker, in Thailand they all want to be whiter, it is very ironic. How about

the concept of "God doesn't make mistakes" and just love how you were made? It is racist and stupid, but doubt it will change anytime soon, all the models and superstars on TV are all very fair and it is simply considered more beautiful here.

IE

I don't know about white injections but this whitening thing is also an issue with dark skinned women like indian women and black women. Skin bleaching is what black women do and in a black community in the US they sell skin bleaching products while in a white neighbourhood they sell tanning products.

I should say a beauty seller should know his demographics before he markets his products. You don't want to sell skin bleaching products in a majority white neighbourhood and tanning ones in a black neighbourhood.

Perhaps you can introduce skin bleaching to your wife it doesn't involve injections so should be safer just need to be careful.

This lady was one of the worlds highest paid models...... Go figure............thumbsup.gif

attachicon.gifNaomi Campbell Diet.jpg

smile.png

Yup but was she hired by thai modelling companies or western ones that have been indoctrinated with being fair and not racist. Not trying to say naomi became a top model due to affirmative action but if you care to notice western modelling companies tend to be more open to african/black models compared to say asian modelling companies. Let's not discuss the reasons behind this.

I read about black female models getting less work/exposure compared to white ones but then again they are minorities in the western world. Perhaps they should try to model in carribean/african places.

The topic reminds me of a Bloomberg article which talked about how a company set about selling hair removal cream (Veet) to a country (China) where "most woman have very little body hair and those that did didn't worry about it". It speaks volumes about the how the beauty business works.

The link to the article is here:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-10-07/reckitt-s-veet-makes-hair-apparent-for-women-in-china.html

Here's a small extract

In the process, the company has helped make many Chinese women self-conscious about every stray follicle.

“It’s not how much hair you have, it’s how much you think you have,” Aditya Sehgal, the company’s China chief, said by phone from Beijing. “If your concern level is high enough, even one hair is too much.”

• Like 1

Because the Thai-Chinese have lighter skin and rule the kingdom.

Yes, they want lighter skin and yes many go all out with pills and creams and an obsession with staying out of the sun. Just look at the hats and arm and face coverings used by women construction and field workers. There are many umbrellas out on sunny days, and not just for the shade.

For those who can afford it, nose jobs are also popular to get more of a straight Chinese look.

Most hi-so people in Thailand are Thai-Chinese.

Like I said on another thread... the Chinese have racially colonised Thailand ... and brain-washed the population.

• Like 1

This lady was one of the worlds highest paid models...... Go figure............thumbsup.gif

http://static.thaivisa.com/forum//public/style_images/master/attachicon.gif Naomi Campbell Diet.jpg

smile.png

Thank God she is not anymore. I have never really understood why she was such a big deal. She is just a skinny black chick with the face of a horse.

Perhaps to you she was but I think her bank balance will prove you wrong....coffee1.gif

• Like 1

Yes, they want lighter skin and yes many go all out with pills and creams and an obsession with staying out of the sun. Just look at the hats and arm and face coverings used by women construction and field workers. There are many umbrellas out on sunny days, and not just for the shade.

For those who can afford it, nose jobs are also popular to get more of a straight Chinese look.

Like I said on another thread... the Chinese have racially colonised Thailand ... and brain-washed the population.

Then who are all those people in Bangkok today that want that, Thai/Chinese family in power, gone?

Then who are all those people in Bangkok today that want that, Thai/Chinese family in power, gone?

That is just one thai chinese family. Many other thai chinese families dominate the economy of thailand and other spectrums.

Most Farang women tan to get a light tint to their skin and they enjoy the process, they are not drooling over other women who have dark skin. They are not tanning to be deep brown most of the time.

And Thai and Asian women find white skin beautiful because it is century old Asian tradition notion. Has nothing to do with White people.....

This happens worldwide. Darker skinned people want light skin and vice versa. Initially it was all about wealth and status. Now sadly it is media driven. But when you see how most media is so photoshopped you understand that even the models that "normal" people aspire to are so unrealistic and unachievable that even the models themselves cannot achieve the look unaided. I think we all truly know that beauty is in the eye of the beholder anyway and when you find someone you connect with, that is the only true consideration!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The real problem are those PC fanatics who cannot accept that different people have different preferences. "They are brainwashed" they shout, when in reality it is people's freedom to decide what they like and what not.

if you deliberately damage your skin with chemicals to achieve some standard of beauty, youve been brainwashed.

To the OP, isn't this universal?

Some white women want to be darker with fuller lips, darker women want to be lighter with straight hair...

It's all over the world with the perception of what beauty should be in certain cultures.

I just happened to see an advertisement in my city of a coconut drink and they mentioned Thailand. The model they had on the billboard was very attractive but quite dark. The first thing I thought to myself, she looked very south pacific and in no way would have been accepted in an advertisement in Thailand.

The one thing I still cannot get over are pictures requested for some job inquiries.

Another off-topic post removed. From now on, if a mod needs to remove a post, no further need to mention it; members shall consider them to have gone because they were off-topic or outright trolling. If this continues, it will be time to close the topic.

very simple. because hey have been told from birth that white skin is more beautiful and dark skin is ugly.

I think because WHITE SKIN for Thais means working in office with air-cond (so rich and doing "clean" job), DARK SKIN means working in the street or rice field (so poor and having dirty job).

To be honest it is what thai ladies often told me. Snobbism spreading everywhere here.

As mentioned, white skin, for many girls here, is a sign of social status, and is promoted through advertisement. I find it rather sad, as plastic surgery, cosmetics and whitening chemicals are applied so copiously, as to change the natural beauty of a pretty lady to the point of being an inanimate idea of beauty. This contrasts starkly to the Philippines, where they cannot afford treatments but still strive for whiteness, oftentimes with success, just be avoiding sunshine.

I was first attracted to golden brown skin through contact with the mixed heritages of Hawaii. The Philippines, Hawaiian, Japanese and Caucasian mixture was breathtaking. :Living one hour from the Canadian border, white skinned people looked sickly to me. Also, the higher classes would go to California/Florida each winter just to flaunt their darker skin.

Right now, I think the media (advertising) here is going overboard. Plastic, white ghosts of feminine beauty stopping darker skinned and/or fatter girls in shopping malls and pushing products on them. Hey...you need to look like me or nobody will like you. I kind of smile and squeeze my gals hand. Those "beauties" are working pretty hard for 300 baht a day. hehhehehehehe.

I didn't say the Thais were actually 'AWARE" of the fact. Which of course.... like many things ...they are not.

The real tragedy of the Asian obsession with white skin is: that after 5-7,000 years of cultural developmental history under their belts, one would expect that Asians (over-all) would have transcended such superficial values.

The hilarious side to Thailand is that the world has been lead to believe, that the majority of Thai people are Chinese, until they arrive @ BKK Intern'l airport, where they get a reality check.

Again, after 5-7,000 years of "social" development, Asians have only evolved to become a simple minded, superficial people, w/ the Chinese being the main culprits in that regard. whistling.gif

• Like 1

It's just the opposite here to western countries pale faced women, who are adamant on sporting a tan.

Most White actresses and public western women in the Hollywood are actually very fair skinned as in they almost never sport a tan.

Yes, indeed you are correct and just goes to show how the concept of beauty changes over time. Up until the 20th century fair skin was fashionable in the west for the same reasons as it is now in Thailand. That is to say fair skin shows that you are not working in the outdoors and therefore of a higher social status.

With the advent of long-haul travel, those fair-skinned ladies were able to get a mid-winter tan and so show that they could afford to travel to distant climes.

Now I think that, as you describe, the pendulum has swung back again to fair skin for fashionistas. Why? Perhaps it's because nowadays anybody can hop on a plane and pick up a tan. Or even visit the neighbourhood tanning salon, so the snobbery value of having a tan is gone.

I wonder if sometime in the future the fashion in Thailand will one day change and dark skin becomes a must have. Though can't imagine what would cause that to happen.

• Like 1