Police seek warrant to arrest protest leader Suthep

webfact

What I'd really like to see is an unbiased perspective on what is happening within the Thai government, the various parties reactions, and what is fomenting the protests this time. Anybody got a clue? And please dispense with any sarcasm, inaccurate information, or bias. I really think that the foreign community should understand what is going on and why -- from an outside point of view.

If you read or watch the news in Thailand every day - not just during the protests - one thing will become very clear ... Thailand is just so very different from where most of us come from. You and I can try and understand it from so many perspectives and think we have a hold on what is going on, but then suddenly something completely mind baffling happens.

Ultimately, from an unbiased point of view people will argue that it's nothing more than a battle between various factions of people with power to hang onto their power, privileges and assets. There are one or two people who truly believe in a democratic and better future for the entire country, but they are still a minority, and will remain so until the public majority are serious about ending corruption and nepotism in many walks of life here.

I believe it's the latest cycle in a power struggle that goes back years and will continue for some time to come. There are players behind the scenes who will dictate which direction the story moves in the the coming days and weeks, and whether there is a compromise behind the scenes or blood to be shed.

• Like 1

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I'd really like to see is an unbiased perspective on what is happening within the Thai government, the various parties reactions, and what is fomenting the protests this time. Anybody got a clue? And please dispense with any sarcasm, inaccurate information, or bias. I really think that the foreign community should understand what is going on and why -- from an outside point of view.

Reality is a General Election! So lets have one.

So who will you be voting for?

I just can't relate with this, I really can't.

Here he is wanting to "storm the ministries". Now, his lawyer is making statements about him "not leading any demonstrators" into the ministries.

Honestly, is it just me? If you believe in something, stick to your guns. Why does everything have to be so half arsed here. This stuff, along with things such as the Thai "men" who blatantly ask for money from foreign husbands. Are there any actual men in Thailand?

That is nothing new in LOS.

Abhisit and Suthep claimed they did not give the orders to fire live ammo on the red protesters.

Are we to assume that the Army then took it upon itself to use live ammo and shoot to kill (including sniper and targeted assassination) without any orders from anyone, PM, Suthep or otherwise? Thailand is lacking in many things: most of all accountability.

• Like 2

Suthep is trying to do a replay of the PAD protests a few years ago when they occupied the airport. First the PAD protesters attacked and trashed government offices, including Government House; the the PPP(Phua Thai) government simply moved to other offices; eventually they occupied the airports and a court was forced to intervene because the government didn't have the political capital to order the Army to disperse the protesters.

This time I think if Suthep tries something drastic like the redshirts in 2010, I think the police and army will not be so patient, from what i can tell Yingluck has a good relationship with the Army.

The PAD always screams 'corruption' but in reality they are simply trying to seize the government from an elected PM instead of building up a support base so they can win an election. They are not willng to wait 4 or 6 years for another election and they do not have a very big support base so they keep trying to seize the government with dirty triks like 'whistle blowing'

• Like 2

Is the gag now applied to Suthep et al? It seems that he may have been switched off from TV coverage prior to his arrest. IPM TV channels 22,23 and 24 showing coverage of the protesters have been unavailable since about 20:00 tonight. However if you want, you can see the pro. govt. red shirt gathering on 25. This may be due to technical problems or it may be due to media control. Sinister thoughts.

Suthep is trying to do a replay of the PAD protests a few years ago when they occupied the airport. First the PAD protesters attacked and trashed government offices, including Government House; the the PPP(Phua Thai) government simply moved to other offices; eventually they occupied the airports and a court was forced to intervene because the government didn't have the political capital to order the Army to disperse the protesters.

This time I think if Suthep tries something drastic like the redshirts in 2010, I think the police and army will not be so patient, from what i can tell Yingluck has a good relationship with the Army.

The PAD always screams 'corruption' but in reality they are simply trying to seize the government from an elected PM instead of building up a support base so they can win an election. They are not willng to wait 4 or 6 years for another election and they do not have a very big support base so they keep trying to seize the government with dirty triks like 'whistle blowing'

You think YL has a good relationship with the army - that maybe so and she might be defence minister, however and luckily I think she will be severely outranked if she tries to go down that path.

• Like 1

Yes, arrest that idiot.

And the Idiots on this forum that have supported the scum bag.

Uhm... You think they should do that too?

Uuuuhm... Maybe the posters on this forum, and all those naive people who supported this new round of silly and destructive protests were not that bad.

Even if they still supported the protests once these were "upgraded" to overthrow nearly everything and everyone not agreeing with the Dems.

Probably they were just too naive to imagine that it would escalate and did not see that these protests were in no way bringing any solution and peace to the country. Maybe they were just writing the wrong things out of frustration in their own lives. Some have a difficult time in Thailand you know? It's a great difficulty for them to understand what is really happening around them when relying only on very biased English news sources (or a wife that they also can't understand). Some don't even actually live in Thailand but have difficult times and frustrations at home and discharge their anger on forums. Maybe some were just ranting out of jealousy. Many have a tendency to quickly hate people with money and power, like most politicians here. A lot have a tendency to simply hate a billionaire family, like the PM's family, only because they themselves never achieved anything much in their lives. Maybe a few were just drunk (again) while writing, or maybe drank a brand that was really too cheap that time. Maybe they felt better to write some bad things about the government because they saw that it is more "trendy" to write such things on this forum. Maybe they associate the Dems and the yellows to an upper class in the society to which they would like so much to be identified. Maybe they just like to look down at the lower middle class and the government which the people of Thailand democratically elected because they consider themselves as "educated" and so much above that "lower" class (now that they earn 29.000b from their new teaching job).

So, you see, you should forgive these scum bags (to use your own words) for what they did. They have their own reasons to support an man as insane as Suthep, and the criminal actions that this former Democrat MP advocates. I, of course, do not agree with all these naive people who support Suthep and the yellow/Dems street mobs, but it is useless to argue with such people.

Give them a chance. Forgive them. Do not wish that they get arrested.

Or, ...

Do you really think it would help???

I hate to think that you could be right rolleyes.gif

so ?? what are those who are totally fed up with this corrupt bunch and their red thugs totally controlled by one megalomaniac meant to do. They openly say they wont accept a court ruling. They push through in most vile way a bill to absolve a convicted criminal. They openly say they are able to do anything they want. So answer me that. Wait until Taksin and his cronies take over complete control of all checks and balances and then by some made up excuse introduce a police state. IMO it is very unlikely if anything was not done that their would be no real election since by then Taksin would have been back and having total control able and willing to put in his own one party dictatorship. This government has proved time and again they have no interest in anything but getting Taksin back at any cost.

Sure not ideal way to get rid of a mad megalomaniac but Taksin and his cronies have given no other choice and I for one support it 100% since its the only way to stop Thailand descending into a dictatorship.

I simply do not believe anything or almost anyone would be any worse than this curse which for years has been hanging over Thailand. IF they dropped Taksin totally and his clan while I may hate red thugs and cronies in this government at least their would not be one person controlling it all.

Uh? blink.png

Taksin did not flee the country, he was abroad when the coup against him was set up by.....

You mean flee the country and instigate violence? I bet he is a man and will stay in Thailand. Remember that cowards like Thaksin don't grow on trees.

Someone else playing the comedian - actually the best comedy is usually based on fact but unfortunately you fail miserably. suggest you check a few facts before your next appearance.

You should also check out Thaksin / Taksin, King April 17, 1734 – April 7, 1782

Odd you never see these posters, Sunny Day/fab4/Slaters parrot/Millwall fan, a handful of posts between them, all on this forum at the same time.

I noted in another forum that someone was sent to the sin-binned permanently and it now seems that Sunny Day is no longer with us. biggrin.png

Taksin did not flee the country, he was abroad when the coup against him was set up by.....

Someone else playing the comedian - actually the best comedy is usually based on fact but unfortunately you fail miserably. suggest you check a few facts before your next appearance.

Odd you never see these posters, Sunny Day/fab4/Slaters parrot/Millwall fan, a handful of posts between them, all on this forum at the same time.

That's because they are one and the same with multiple accounts in order to back themselves up.

Must be agonizing being in the minority because they married into a red family and have to relinquish their intelligence.

On a different note:

The wife said facebook just came to life with reports that the police are to arrest Suthep this evening and have called on as many protesters as they can to surround him and fight off any police attempt.

If it's true, then this could be the night everything spins the other way and the TVF Thaksinistas get when they finally wanted..... violence to bolster their propaganda.

Will be a first for the police, usually it's a please come to visit us at your leisure, don't rush you can do it during the day if that suits you.

Can't see it happening - far too many layers of people to get thru.

Is the gag now applied to Suthep et al? It seems that he may have been switched off from TV coverage prior to his arrest. IPM TV channels 22,23 and 24 showing coverage of the protesters have been unavailable since about 20:00 tonight. However if you want, you can see the pro. govt. red shirt gathering on 25. This may be due to technical problems or it may be due to media control. Sinister thoughts.

Seems the system is just overloaded, Mrs, now has it back.

If you read or watch the news in Thailand every day - not just during the protests - one thing will become very clear ... Thailand is just so very different from where most of us come from. You and I can try and understand it from so many perspectives and think we have a hold on what is going on, but then suddenly something completely mind baffling happens.

Ultimately, from an unbiased point of view people will argue that it's nothing more than a battle between various factions of people with power to hang onto their power, privileges and assets. There are one or two people who truly believe in a democratic and better future for the entire country, but they are still a minority, and will remain so until the public majority are serious about ending corruption and nepotism in many walks of life here.

I believe it's the latest cycle in a power struggle that goes back years and will continue for some time to come. There are players behind the scenes who will dictate which direction the story moves in the the coming days and weeks, and whether there is a compromise behind the scenes or blood to be shed.

Perceptive post.

Thanks.

Will be a first for the police, usually it's a please come to visit us at your leisure, don't rush you can do it during the day if that suits you.

Can't see it happening - far too many layers of people to get thru.

Apparently Suthep said he won't surrender himself to the warrant. But neither will he hide like Thaksin. If the police want to arrest him, they can come and do it at any time they want.

BREAKING: A Thai News Station reporting now 22-00 Hrs, that police vans are now en-route to storm Sutheps’ venue – Blue Sky Channel Live requesting the crowd to rush to block all entrances to the mention stage of possible action tonight, with cars, buses, and so on…

True or not – only translating their words to English text. Take it face value only…not confirmed with second source.

Reality is a General Election! So lets have one.

What. A General Election where the 'sock puppets' are propped up with corporate funding. That's the global model. At the Thai level it's a combination of corporate funding and elite funding. Those who have leading the way for those who don't (at the expense of those who don't).

BREAKING: A Thai News Station reporting now 22-00 Hrs, that police vans are now en-route to storm Sutheps’ venue – Blue Sky Channel Live requesting the crowd to rush to block all entrances to the mention stage of possible action tonight, with cars, buses, and so on…

True or not – only translating their words to English text. Take it face value only…not confirmed with second source.

Watching Blue Channel now....... nothing!

I guess the red supporters now have something they can go after the guy about.

Have all the reds gone to bed - nothing from them for awhile now, or maybe they are slowly realising the days are numbered for their hero.

They ALWAYS do it under cover of darkness. So yes, credible.

That's because they are one and the same with multiple accounts in order to back themselves up.

Must be agonizing being in the minority because they married into a red family and have to relinquish their intelligence.

On a different note:

The wife said facebook just came to life with reports that the police are to arrest Suthep this evening and have called on as many protesters as they can to surround him and fight off any police attempt.

If it's true, then this could be the night everything spins the other way and the TVF Thaksinistas get when they finally wanted..... violence to bolster their propaganda.

Well ousting Thaksin this way might be the lesser of two evils, but it hardly lines Thailand up for a smooth and prosperous near future.

What comes after the ouster? God knows....

The Bangkok Post website is running an update on the 'police ambush' situation.

Suthep is asking protesters not to fight them.

But social media is firing on all cylinders and thousands have moved to the Finance Ministry and are lining all routes to it to prevent them getting there. (below) A few people have also said that the police were seen loading gas masks into a van.

988779_447795608676724_2098074147_n.jpg

Edited by Thainy Tim

Democracy. Just a frightened unintelligent woman who thinks she is above the law. And now invokes a law that is illegal under the constitution to save her ass. Typical power mongrel who is totally s..t scared of her own shadow. Tam di. Fai di som name na

She is out of her depth now and the day of rekoning is approaching fast.Other players will step up and take control.After all she has only been a puppet all along.Once again Taksin has overplayed his hand,win or lose the slim hope of him returning with an amnesty is well gone.