Alleged Phuket ghost rider in motorbike crash with foreigners

webfact

Po Po are just giving the ghostrider a chance to hand over the customary stuffed envelopes.

You don't want the investigation to be completed to quickly it's hard to change the story after the conclusion.

After all, the tourists will soon be gone and with no wittiness, no complainant, no problems.

"Mr Wichakorn was riding his bike in the wrong direction"

"Police are still attempting to verify the cause of the accident":rolleyes:

By now they can run an entire newspaper only filled with nonsense halfway through researched and written by dilettantish "Editors." Got an idea for a name for such a lampoon?

Ghost writer?

Maybe the journalist got this from a German - ghost rider ( 'Geisterfahrer' in German ) means a driver that drives in the opposite direction of the traffic.

I have heard the term used in Thailand to mean riders riding the wrong direction, but my first thought in this context was the Swedish Ghostrider that races around different locations in Europe at insane speeds messing with cops, but I have also heard of the one where the person jumps out of their car and runs along side it. That is popular with the kids in the states.

"Ghostrider" is also Tom Cruise's callsign in Top Gun. Is he on the island?

His call sign was Mavrick. The call sign for his aircraft was Ghostrider. :)

Maybe the journalist got this from a German - ghost rider ( 'Geisterfahrer' in German ) means a driver that drives in the opposite direction of the traffic.

I have heard the term used in Thailand to mean riders riding the wrong direction, but my first thought in this context was the Swedish Ghostrider that races around different locations in Europe at insane speeds messing with cops, but I have also heard of the one where the person jumps out of their car and runs along side it. That is popular with the kids in the states.

"Ghostrider" is also Tom Cruise's callsign in Top Gun. Is he on the island?

His call sign was Mavrick. The call sign for his aircraft was Ghostrider. smile.png

When I was a lad, we would ghost ride our bikes all the time. Simply run next to your bike as fast as you could, then let go of the handle bars and see how far you bike would go with the ghost rider on the bike until it lost momentun and crashed. Kiind of the same philosophy as here, ride against traffic and see if you crash.

• Like 1

I have ridden bikes since i was 16 years old in Australia and everytime one of my friends die or are injured i slow down a bit to the point i ride my Yamaha at 20 km an hour around the village, my older friend rides his bike as fast as he can, to show off to the locals i suppose, but i keep going slow,, riding a bike in Thailand sometimes leaves me in a cold sweat, so i move over and stop for a few minutes, i let the idiots overtake and i slow down, i don't want to be a casualty or a statistic, too many accidents in this country, slow down, live longer.

Minus points of course for the foreigners for wearing no helmet. Well, that also is downright stupid. Not talking about the 99 Baht eggshells, but proper full face helmets - would never ride here without one.

That would have helped the foreigner avoid a broken leg.