Classical European design building N W corner inside the moat?

thaibeachlovers

wasn't it an old mental hospital at one time.

Now used infrequently as movie location set and pretty young maidens modelling.....

Which is very distracting at 75kmph on a bike around that bend.

Sent via tin can and string after pigeon shot

• Like 1

Owner of the property killed his entire family inside the large home which you can see in the back. Then he killed himself. Some relatives live on the property. Been for sale for a long time. That's the story. Been written about a few times but really not much more information than that. Occasionally the property is rented out for short periods of time but mostly the buildings in the front of the property.

That's the same story I heard about it. I wish someone would buy it and knock it down---it's a piece of horrible kitsch that defiles that area of the old city (although it is just one of the too many ugly buildings in the old city).

• Like 1

That's the same story I heard about it. I wish someone would buy it and knock it down---it's a piece of horrible kitsch that defiles that area of the old city (although it is just one of the too many ugly buildings in the old city).

Would not feel rite to call it the old city with all modern buildings in it.

edit

If they knock it down and build a new state of the art building will the ghosts go awaygiggle.gif ?

Edited by hellodolly

I actually like those old buildings with all that stone work, I just wish osome one would do something with them. Being in use instead of being derelict.... pity I dont have the spare cash to buy and 'do up'. Ive seen similar style building on the super highway at the Ping river end between Airport Plaza and the Ping River and have always wondered why they always look so deserted.

In the Northern and Southern hemisphere those type of places (Buildings) would be so damn cold and hard to keep warm, but I think they would be great here in the warmer months.

Didnt know the story behind this particular building so thanks for the info

wasn't it an old mental hospital at one time.

Now used infrequently as movie location set and pretty young maidens modelling.....

Which is very distracting at 75kmph on a bike around that bend.

75km on a Honda dream. Pretty dangerous

I know Thais don't do logic, but let's assume a new owner had the unique idea to build a condo.....safe bet everyones doing it.

So his market is whom?.....the Bang Cocky ones of course.....as they have money and they don't know the history of the site.

So he spends 50mill on the site and 50 mill on the building, then sells 50 condos average 3million each.

I think if I was in for potential 50million profit the ghosts can go to hell.

I wouldnt go so far to say its classical European design, but its a very fascinating design indeed. I have walked inside of it and did a little exploring (2 years ago)....this place blows my mind. First thing I thought was, who the heck designed this place? The proportions of the rooms, doors, are all out of wack. The only logical guess I can make is that whoever had the money to build it, had just that, money. Its lavish in a very tacky package. The one time I walked around in it I found a newspaper dated 1997. Theres really no sense to ask anyone here any specifics on the place because im confident nobody will know. Everyone will say its haunted. Thats the only fact you will get. If you can walk around the property I suggest you do so, you will know what I mean about the proportions being out of wack. Im also sure its going to be an eyesore for the next several decades. Just look at buildings still standing from the bubble crash...nobody cares.