Good tv series

beechbum

Watch the 2nd episode of" A very English Scandal " last night,

it was funny,about the hitman trying  to kill Jeremy Thorpes

(British MP's) lover, Norman Scott, I read at the time, the Sun

had the headline  "Scott of the Arse antics". 

regards worgeordie

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hunting ISIS (2018), (documentary series, pretty raw stuff, finding it very interesting)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8372660/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Goliath, season 2. (Enjoyed season 1)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4687880/episodes?season=2&ref_=tt_eps_sn_2

Hidden / Craith, season 1. (Enjoying it so far)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7217374/

Succession, season 1. (Canadian, so far not bad, some familiar faces)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7660850/episodes

Condor, season 1. (Not to bad)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6510950/

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Old Croc said:

For those who struggled through to the end if the first season,  "Salvation" has started season 2.

Watched it. It was rather confusing episode. Artsy, I guess. 

• 4 weeks later...

Cuckoo is a program i never showed an interest as :

a) the title suggests a lame Richard Briars/ Felicity Kendal type of sitcom and;

b) I’d never heard of Gregg Davies ( Man Down and Taskmaster) when it first came out in 2012 !!

But, now I’m more enlightened I watched a couple of episodes and I’m hooked !!

All 4 seasons available on iPlayer.

There's just too much good stuff out there at the moment. Just finished Six (a bit testosterone fuelled but its pretty good although the drills are cringeworthy at times). Hadn't realised Get Shorty was a series- I wasn't sure in the first episode but am enjoying it now. Season 2 is in production apparently

Unforgotten, Elementary and El Chapo to download along with the last couple of Jack Irish and I haven't even started on  Westworld yet. With Better Call Saul just starting its getting difficult to cram it all in.

On 7/30/2018 at 9:41 AM, beechbum said:

Jack Irish season 4, 4 episodes available for DL.(mainly for the Aussies out there)

It's disappeared from TPB but E5 is on RARBG (i it doesn't break forum rules to mention it).

On 8/10/2018 at 8:14 AM, beechbum said:

Also always on lime, best site IMO

I struggled for ebooks when Kickass went down- TPB just isn't the same. just found a few on Lime that I have been after for a while so thanks for the info.

I think I will be turning into a hermit- just had TWO more series recommended Yellowstone and Condor. 3 parter about london's new Sewer is getting good feedback as well. I'll never get out at this rate!

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Psimbo said:

I struggled for ebooks when Kickass went down- TPB just isn't the same. just found a few on Lime that I have been after for a while so thanks for the info.

I think I will be turning into a hermit- just had TWO more series recommended Yellowstone and Condor. 3 parter about london's new Sewer is getting good feedback as well. I'll never get out at this rate!

Black mirror. Good velly mut. 

Yes chain yourself to your TV until death do you part

• Like 1

One for knowledgeable out there...……..if I wanted to get a Smart TV, what download speed would I need to ensure good viewing on an HD movie/TV series.

Reason I ask is cos my 3BB is the copper wire one (can't get a fibre feed as problems with the owner......don't ask!) and seems to run at about 30Mbs at a cost of 631  baht pm. According to a 3BB person 30Mb is the highest available on that??

Any suggestions/advice please.

7 minutes ago, xylophone said:

One for knowledgeable out there...……..if I wanted to get a Smart TV, what download speed would I need to ensure good viewing on an HD movie/TV series.

Reason I ask is cos my 3BB is the copper wire one (can't get a fibre feed as problems with the owner......don't ask!) and seems to run at about 30Mbs at a cost of 631  baht pm. According to a 3BB person 30Mb is the highest available on that??

Any suggestions/advice please.

Good question.  I stream very. low resolution movies at around 1 Mbps.

Google says,

Recommended Internet Speed. You need a minimum download speed of 3 Megabits per second to watch a single video stream in clear, standard definition. The best Internet speed for HD streaming is 5Mbps, and if you go all the way up to 4K streaming, or ultra HD, your bandwidth should start at 25Mbps.

but if you check with a speed test website you may find your 30 Mbps is much lower.  

but I think you'll be fine for standard hd. 

sometimes the issue is with the website upload speed, so you could have 100 Mbps and still face choppy stream.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Psimbo said:

What's Lime?