Tattoos - love them or hate them?

scubascuba3

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its funny, so many not liking tattoos I'm surprised as 90% of men in Pattaya have tattoos. Maybe that says more about Pattaya

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

When I was in the Air Force, many many moons ago. The potent combination for waking up with a tattoo, was an overseas deployment, bar/disco & booze...I think all of that equally applies to Pattaya

Personally i love them, it is up to the individual - it's their skin.

A look here might change some peoples blinkered vision. http://www.inkedandsexy.com/blogs/news

I just cannot see what mentality some people have that makes them want to permanently disfigure themselves. But as you rightfully say, it's their skin. Has nobody noticed that it's mostly ugly guys who have tattoos, and also facial hair?

Yes, I agree.

The classic combination is:

1. Many tattoos

2. Facial hair

3. Overweight

4. Bald

No 1 Yes. No 2 Yes. No 3 In most cases Yes. No 4 No, no one can help being bald, It happens to most men.

Folk do stuff to their extremities other than tattoo's...............I can provide a list............whistling.gif

PS. Folk do what they want to do, I have no hair but folk wear wigs, up to them. Ladies spend hours in front of a mirror with wash off stuff, they wish it was permanent. Up to them, me, anyone. thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

I have noticed that tattoos on younger women (typically 20 to 35) are becoming very popular. In fact I'd go as far as saying that its become culturally endemic.

I don't like tattoos on women. I personally think it cheapens them and is a trade off of their femininity for attention and temporary cosmetic value.

Yes many are true works of art but when they are plastered all over the body in a permanent manner it does nothing for them as women and later in life when they are in their 60's and 70's plus they will become a saggy skinned eyesore and a permanent reminder to grand-kids that grandma was a party reveling and attention seeking tramp!

On guys,.. that's another thing. Some look great,.. and on native Maori they are a true status and tribal symbol (yes I understand that some Maori women have them too).

I think Cheryl Cole's rose tattoo which possesses her entire lower back and rump whilst being a work of art has only served to disfigure what is otherwise a stunningly beautiful female body of an equally facially beautiful woman who seems to be a very lovely woman and thus I was very surprised that the pics allegedly belonged to her.

Most women that have these tattoos done are "man chicks" and have traded in their femininity to become to dominant sex. It's just a spin off of the feminist culture that has developed during the time that this generation of young women were being raised.

I sure hope that it never takes off with Thai women,... beyond the common shoulder and breast stamps that the bar girls get.

Whenever I see a Thai woman with a tattoo on the shoulder or breast I instantly think "ex bar girl" and at times upon further inquiry I have been 100% correct!

I have noticed that tattoos on younger women (typically 20 to 35) are becoming very popular. In fact I'd go as far as saying that its become culturally endemic.

I don't like tattoos on women. I personally think it cheapens them and is a trade off of their femininity for attention and temporary cosmetic value.

Yes many are true works of art but when they are plastered all over the body in a permanent manner it does nothing for them as women and later in life when they are in their 60's and 70's plus they will become a saggy skinned eyesore and a permanent reminder to grand-kids that grandma was a party reveling and attention seeking tramp!

On guys,.. that's another thing. Some look great,.. and on native Maori they are a true status and tribal symbol (yes I understand that some Maori women have them too).

I think Cheryl Cole's rose tattoo which possesses her entire lower back and rump whilst being a work of art has only served to disfigure what is otherwise a stunningly beautiful female body of an equally facially beautiful woman who seems to be a very lovely woman and thus I was very surprised that the pics allegedly belonged to her.

Most women that have these tattoos done are "man chicks" and have traded in their femininity to become to dominant sex. It's just a spin off of the feminist culture that has developed during the time that this generation of young women were being raised.

I sure hope that it never takes off with Thai women,... beyond the common shoulder and breast stamps that the bar girls get.

Whenever I see a Thai woman with a tattoo on the shoulder or breast I instantly think "ex bar girl" and at times upon further inquiry I have been 100% correct!

You have not read all the posts have you..........coffee1.gif

A married man keeps telling his wife "Honey, you have such a beautiful butt". Every person in the town agrees that she does have a very beautiful butt. The man's birthday is coming up so she decides to take a trip to the tattoo parlor and get the words "Beautiful butt" tattooed on her ass. She walks in and tells the tattoo artist he husband thinks she has a beautiful butt. He looks and says, "You do have a beautiful butt". She then tells the man she wants Beautiful butt tattooed on her ass. The man tells her "I can't fit that on your ass, it takes up too much space. But I tell you what, I will tattoo the letters BB on each cheek and that can stand for beautiful butt. She agrees and gets it done. On the man's birthday she hears him come home and is only wearing a robe. She then stands at the top of the stairs. He opens the door and she says "look honey." She then takes off the robe she is wearing, bends over, and the man yells "WHO THE fuc_k IS BOB?"! Sent from my HTC One max using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

... cheesy.gif

Good story, well told.

Never had one, never will. But if it floats one's boat, that's ok as well, but what are some of these people gonna look like when they are old. Especially the ones all over arms and legs and torso, and i mean ALL over, i'm not a prude but <deleted>.

Never had one, never will. But if it floats one's boat, that's ok as well, but what are some of these people gonna look like when they are old. Especially the ones all over arms and legs and torso, and i mean ALL over, i'm not a prude but <deleted>.

I am old............intheclub.gif.pagespeed.ce.TVIbELwsxN.gi

....and what difference does it make whether I have one or all of the posts?

I expressed an opinion to which I am entitled.

You're point is WHAT exactly???

....and what difference does it make whether I have one or all of the posts?

I expressed an opinion to which I am entitled.

You're point is WHAT exactly???

READ all the posts as to why folk do stuff. So easy. rolleyes.gif

Some horses have blinkers for a reason........rolleyes.gif

Folk do stuff to their extremities other than tattoo's...............I can provide a list............whistling.gif

PS. Folk do what they want to do, I have no hair but folk wear wigs, up to them. Ladies spend hours in front of a mirror with wash off stuff, they wish it was permanent. Up to them, me, anyone. thumbsup.gif

''Folk do what they want to do''

Yes of course...

But perhaps the main question is why, and what for (tattoos)?

I could not think of one reason why I would get a tattoo...

But it would appear that Muay Thai people get tattoos in the hope of scaring off their opponents...

Not sure if it works...

Far more initimdating are the brands that some NFL players are now getting instead of tattoos. The New Orleans Saint's FS Malcolm Jenkins comes to mind.

..this is a wind-up, right?

I absolutely HATE tattoos and would never ( knowingly ) date anyone who has them...

I had a friend who thought the same about dyed blond hair.

He met this stunningly beautiful woman one wintery morning and they ended up having coffee together.

She was articulate, funny, intelligent and the time just flew by.

Basically, she was everything he was looking for in a woman. He could not believe his luck.

As the time ticked on, the ambient temperature heated up. Enough that she felt able to remove her wintery coat from her delicate slender body, and the warm wooly hat from her head.

Oh horror of horrors, for out tumbled a mane of obviously dyed blond locks.

He got up in disgust and left.

Edited by LaraC

Most tattoos are just ugly, so I dislike most tattoos (logical, eh?). Look like some sort of skin disease. If I met someone who was aces in most departments I would not end it because of tattoos. You can always shut the eyes. I have no tattoos. I would get a bar code of my passport number on my arm, but USA changes that number with each new passport, unlike many countries (Thailand is one).

I beleive the creativity behind a tattoo is crucial, the more unique and attractive it probably worth to have it. I never want to have tattoos but love to see there is some really great ones like these for example from the art point of perspective...

post-144673-0-16245900-1387477546_thumb. post-144673-0-17001600-1387477669_thumb. post-144673-0-87560000-1387477703_thumb.