The Other Side of Online Dating

GuestHouse

Is it not true that single (divorced? even moreso) Asian women over a certain age, say, 40 perhaps are considered damaged goods by many in their own society, including eligible men? If this is true, and I think it is to some extent, online dating sites might be the perfect answer. I hope people on both sides of this issue will admit that there are plenty of attractive, single, sane, lonely women over 40 in Thailand. Many of these women crave companionship but don't know how to meet men other than online.

Also, even though the women on these sites might have to put up with creepy/mean comments and behavior from some of the men, at least the sites are relatively safe, physically speaking.

At any rate, there are loads of these sites out there and they're very popular, with both Asian women and western men, so there must be some positives involved. It's interesting to me that some people have such negative reactions to the entire concept. Really, why do these people even care enough to comment?

(Oh yeah, I almost forgot to mention: I met my wonderful, beautiful, incredibly kind and emotionally well-adjusted Thai wife on one of these sites. No, she's not perfect, but neither am I, nor is anyone else).

While a few of the posts were what I would consider reasonable online dating posts, many of them were clearly off the deep end. I think the imagined superiority of white men in some of the quoted posts is genuine as I have heard the same thing time and time again in various conversations.

I agree,I can't remember how many times I have met average, or many times below average foreigners talking about themselves as gods gift to the thai/asian woman, not in those exact words, but that it was clear that was what they thought

I find it interesting that so many look down on the dating sites, as if those who use it are not also meeting girls outside of them. My dates in the last 2 months have been a mix of girls whom I have met online and those who I have met via friends, in clubs, or just out and about. It's all been fun, but one thing I have noticed, is that I tend to go on a second date more often with a girl I met online. The most likely reason for this is because I meet them after chatting to them and forming an interest, rather than just thinking "she's cute" and getting a number.

My two previous relationships lasted 4 years and a year. One I met at work and one I met through a work friend. We'll see if anything long term comes out of the online thing. But in the end, I am having fun. Does the idea of online dating really bother people enough on here that they have to slag it off and look down on people who use it? (I already know the answer to that, it wouldn't be TV without people ready to sound off on something)

1025708d1364429749-dear-japanese-watchma