Thai Commerce Ministry predicts 5% export growth next year

webfact

Commerce Ministry predicts 5% export growth next year
By Digital Content

13875953085223.jpg

BANGKOK, Dec 21 – The Commerce Ministry is optimistic that Thailand will enjoy export growth of no less than 5 per cent next year despite the current political turmoil.

Nuntawan Sakuntanaga, International Trade Department director general, said next year’s export volume should reach US$240 billion thanks to strengthened economies in the US, Europe, China, Japan and other major markets.

As long as the country’s airports and seaports remained open, exports would not be affected and foreign importers still have strong confidence in Thai products, she said.

Thai products with high demands in the international markets include automobiles and parts, electronics equipment, electrical appliances and textiles.

Shrimp production will also increase 10-20 per cent next year from this year’s volume of 250,000 tonnes, she said.

Ms Nuntawan said this year’s export growth should not be less than 0.5 per cent if export volume in the remaining month of the year reaches US$19.8 billion. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2013-12-21

I would have really enjoyed having a position which required preparing a forecast for income, expenduriture, etc where I could have used the word "IF" for the numbers I had to present. To make it better still, I could present percentages based on a as yet unknown, for gross income, expenses, loss/gain to competation, etc.

• Like 1

Yes; and the Pixies at the bottom of my garden will double in number next year !

All that comes forth from their mouths is B/CS--it is a matter of trying to justify their lucrative jobs. Sisters to TAT and other badly run units of government--imagine same as TAT having an annual budget of 3 billion Baht. or was it 5. ?? All those overseas trips, all thos fab dinners at the top hotels all those resort SAMPLE holidays, together with sitting together PREDICTING,FORWARD FORCASTING, YEAR on YEAR, EXPECTED FIGURES, you are a joke you stooges.

Edited by ginjag
  • Like 2

Yes; and the Pixies at the bottom of my garden will double in number next year !

All that comes forth from their mouths is B/CS--it is a matter of trying to justify their lucrative jobs. Sisters to TAT and other badly run units of government--imagine same as TAT having an annual budget of 3 billion Baht. or was it 5. ?? All those overseas trips, all thos fab dinners at the top hotels all those resort SAMPLE holidays, together with sitting together PREDICTING,FORWARD FORCASTING, YEAR on YEAR, EXPECTED FIGURES, you are a joke you stooges.

Absolutely agree with what you say, but I must also admit, that it's nice work if you can get it ! laugh.png

soi41, on 21 Dec 2013 - 10:55, said:

Wonder if Ms Nuntawan is trying to get a job with TAT??whistling.gif

I the present year both the GDP and export numbers have been revised on a weekly basis!!

And what's wrong with TAT?

They supply us with accurate figures, once a week.

Your problem if you don't believe them.

I do....as I also believe what Yingluck, Sutherp and all the other monkeys say. thumbsup.gif

250 000 tons of shrimp....just for export. It makes me wonder how we can continue to sustain the feeding of the worlds population. I am convinced that by the time my children are in their 40's there will be nothing left in the oceans to eat.

These exports come from shrimp farms, not from the ocean. The "feed" for the shrimp farms, however, does come from a lot of those trawlers you see catching "garbage fish" in the gulf. Most fish you find in grocery stores in the US and Europe now comes from Asian fish farms. Bon appetit!