Who is more corrupt?

PJcm

The Thai Government should do as many other governments and subsidize (buy) its excess rice crop, to protect Thailand's number one position as the top rice exporting country in the world. As they would use Thailand's tax money to buy to pay for the Excess rice purchases, and sell the rice to domestic rice consumers at lower prices (By passing the rich businessman) and repay the Thai Taxpayers with lower rice prices.

Why would it be acceptable to anyone that if any one gets a break on Thai rice it should be the Thai Farmers and domestic rice consumers. My family rice farmers are paid 12,000 Baht per ton. ($361.61) for top quality rice, others are paid 9,000 baht ($274.20) /ton lower quality rice and the Lowest quality rice at 6000 baht per ton ($182.85) bath per ton.

The article states that Thai rice is being sold on the international market for $540. a ton by prices offered by private exporters. This price is being undersold by $175.-$150. a ton by India and Vietnam. for respectively $365. - $390. per ton,both prices higher that what our family was paid for a ton of rice, ($361.61) per ton. It is not the Thai's rice farmers that produce the rice who are bloating the price of Thai Rice..

As this was the only article, I received that mentioned Thai rice spoilage (reported by the Thai government), to my request for info titled ,( International news articles about countries receiving spoiled rice shipments from Thailand) There were none ?

Cheers

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vote buying of individual voters in Thailand is not the problem, everyone does it and it is a complete waste if money. The voters are going to vote for who they want no matter who pays them. Many voters get paid by more than one party and then don't vote. I remember in the 2001 election my SIL got ฿500 to vote for Thaksin, it was a complete waste of money, she was going to vote for Thaksin, even if the dems had paid her. The problem is the MP buying, where Thaksin buys the MPs that have always had the trust of the voters in their ridings no matter what party they ran for. Thaksin pays them to run for his party. Also the Red Shirt leaders are paid by Thaksin, look at May of 2010, when the dems agreed to have an election, and the Red Shirt leaders agreed to disperse, then after a phone call from Thaksin changed their minds and then the army had to go in. I don't think there can ever be a solution ad long as Thaksin is involved. If the Red Shirts would ditch Thaksin, I think the Bangkok protesters would ditch Suthep in a Bangkok minute and then their would be a chance for real compromise. Unfortunately if the protesters ditched Suthep, I don't think the Red Shirts would ditch Thaksin, because that's where their money is coming from.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ X using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by Issangeorge

As we look at life in rural Thailand , we have different ideas of what is wrong in our lives, and I watch the struggles of my family, friends and neighbors in working to improve their lives. I respect your input because rightfully or wrongfully I believe that you live the same type of life that I do,

That has always been my confirmed knowledge that the vote buying of villagers and other rural people as many on this forum post to. Dose not effect how they vote, I have witnessed vote buying by most political parties as one voter may be given money for the purpose of buying their vote, I have never seen 500 baht mostly 200-250 baht, and I ask them why they except money from 2 or 3 different candidates, they say they freely give me the money, I vote the way I want, if you do not accept the money, you will earn an enemy that knows who you voted for. Which can effect your life if the party you turn down win the local election.

This way no one know how you voted,

This is not about one poster. Personal attacks have been removed, do not make it about yourself either, thanks. Keep it to the topic at hand,drop the flaming, the personal attacks and involving ones personal life or those of other members.

Cooler heads will prevail or more members will find themselves warned.