US embassy Bangkok launches video clip celebrating New Year Festival

webfact

US embassy launches clip celebrating New Year Festival

BANGKOK, 24 December 2013 (NNT) – The US Embassy in Bangkok has made a video clip to celebrate New Year Festival. The clip has reportedly gone viral on the internet.

In celebration of the upcoming New Year Festival, the US Embassy has created a video called “2014 New Year Celebration” and posted it on the video-sharing website YouTube.

The clip made by US Embassy staff, both Thais and Americans, shows a scene of Ambassador Kristie Kenney and her staff traveling to work, during which Thai alphabets are shown randomly on the vehicles or held up by the staff along their routes to the embassy. And at the end of the clip, all the alphabets are put together to form the word “Sawasdee Peemai” or “Happy New Year” in English.

The embassy last year made a similar video clip, which received over 300,000 hits on YouTube.

This year’s clip has been made to commemorate 180 years of diplomatic relations between Thailand and USA.

The video can be viewed on YouTube. Simply type in “Happy 2014 from U.S. Embassy Bangkok” and enjoy the clip.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2013-12-24 footer_n.gif

• Like 2

Lol... looks like they have had to rush out a public relations video to cement the fractures of public opinion towards the US here in LOS.

I liked the last frame where it said 'Two nations, One Friendship..... 180 Years.

They forgot when the Thai government attempted to declare war with the USA and Great Britain back in 1942 when they thought they had a lifelong backing with Japan 'getting their backs'.... That is until one morning in Hiroshima ended it. :)

Actually, the clip is a week late. The Happy New Year piece last year was posted December 17. I seriously doubt the general public opinion here has been fractured, nor the US really cares about Suthep and his vocational school bully boys (who seem to have taken a break from shooting each other and democracy to threaten reporters).

Lol... looks like they have had to rush out a public relations video to cement the fractures of public opinion towards the US here in LOS.

I liked the last frame where it said 'Two nations, One Friendship..... 180 Years.

They forgot when the Thai government attempted to declare war with the USA and Great Britain back in 1942 when they thought they had a lifelong backing with Japan 'getting their backs'.... That is until one morning in Hiroshima ended it. smile.png

• Like 1

Wow, even this gets negative feedback! I thought it was very cute and up beat for a nice change. I'll ask my Thai friends what they think for a real opinion. I wonder if the video was done by a smaller European country what the posts would be. Just saying......

• Like 1

They forgot when the Thai government attempted to declare war with the USA and Great Britain back in 1942 when they thought they had a lifelong backing with Japan 'getting their backs'.... That is until one morning in Hiroshima ended it. smile.png

In your eagerness to ditz America you forgot to read the article. There was no rush on the video. As the article states, they did a similar video last year ... and this year's video is later than last year's, so there was obviously no rush. Why bend the truth at a futile attempt to justify your point? It makes you look a fool and destroys your credibility.

Also, you yourself say the "Thai government ATTEMPTED to declare war with the USA ..." And the reason they capitulated to the Japanese wasn't because the Japanese were "getting their backs" it was because they had a gun to their back.

Edited by HerbalEd
  • Like 2

Wow, even this gets negative feedback! I thought it was very cute and up beat for a nice change. I'll ask my Thai friends what they think for a real opinion. I wonder if the video was done by a smaller European country what the posts would be. Just saying......

Newbie time will tell me thinks WELCOME 2 TV

unfortunately not showing much respect for road safety yes helmet on but not fastened correctly

mmmmmmmmmmm having said that at least the U S A made the effort from the U K ziltch that i know of

Ah but the UK couldn't do such a video celebrating new year as it might upset some ethnic minority

I see they have a cardboard cut out of Obama, or is that the real one? He never misses a chance for publicity cheesy.gif
As you know whoever is president is honored by embassies. Not to mention no doubt Obama is more popular in Thailand than the USA.

Sent from my Lenovo S820_ROW using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Newbie time will tell me thinks WELCOME 2 TV

Yeah ... when he's a veteran like you with 78 posts he can be as cynical as you.

I see they have a cardboard cut out of Obama, or is that the real one? He never misses a chance for publicity cheesy.gif

They have been bringing out the cardboard Obama for several years, now. Everytime there is an embassy sponsored exhibition at schools or universities, Mr. Cardboard is there. Cheaper than the wax museum.