Thailand's police chief admits 'men in black' are police

webfact

National police chief admits men in black are police

12-27-2013-8-28-35-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- National Police Office commissioner Pol Gen Adul Saengsingkaew this morning admitted that the men in black” on the roof-top of the Labor Ministry’s building near the Thai-Japan youth centre in Din Daeng are police.

The national police commissioner’s official admittance came as he led senior police officers to deliver best wishes and receive New Year blessings from the president of the Privy Council Gen Prem Tinsulanonda this morning.

Pol Gen Adul admitted that “men in black” are police and vowed to investigate and bring them to justice procedure.

The national police commissioner’s admittance came as the People’s Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) is demanding clarification from the police on the presence of the{men in black” during the fierce clashes between police and protesters in front of the youth centre during the first day of the opening of the party-list candidates registration.

Two persons died in the clashes, one of them a police officer Narong Pitisit.

Forensic police later confirmed that ballistic test on the killed police officer showed he was shot from a high ground position.

But the Center for the Administration of Peace and Order said the police was a victim of the violence.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/national-police-chief-admits-men-black-police/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-01-02

• Like 1

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is not looking good for Chalerm (or Yingluck for that matter)

Why was it wrong to place riot police on top of the building though? I have no idea why they didn't just admit it in the first place. I guess Adul should be applauded for his honesty although that's what should be expected, not the absurd fabrications we're used to from Chalerm. If they'd been honest about it from the beginning, there wouldn't have been all these rumours about Cambodians up there shooting at both sides etc.

depends whether or not one of them shot their brother officer!

if it becomes clear that is what happened then Yingluck and Chalerm will need an urgent flight to Dubai!

Edited by wordchild
  • Like 1

Why was it wrong to place riot police on top of the building though? I have no idea why they didn't just admit it in the first place. I guess Adul should be applauded for his honesty although that's what should be expected, not the absurd fabrications we're used to from Chalerm. If they'd been honest about it from the beginning, there wouldn't have been all these rumours about Cambodians up there shooting at both sides etc.

Well are they riot police? The article doesn't mention what kind of police they are, or what units they are attached to.

I suppose that the Police Chief will get all the facts and sort it out in the end.

If they were just following orders and observing, why does he go on to say they will be brought to "justice procedure" maybe he already knows what really happened!

If the whole of Thailand knows what happened, since they viewed the youtube video, I would expect that the police chief also knows.

A rare moment of honesty, from the RTP, perhaps his investigation will also reveal exactly what they were armed with, and which of their munitions were actually used ?

Rubber-bullets or real-bullets, flash-bangs or fire-crackers or gas-grenades, or what ? xblink.png.pagespeed.ic.AQgCnSOpp_.png alt=blink.png pagespeed_url_hash=3007605675 width=20 height=20>

And is this perhaps the reason, why there was the very-public-protest from hundreds of low-level policemen/women, concerning the failure to catch the culprits for their dead colleague ?

Agree.

I wonder whether general adul is becoming concerned that this whole picture is not boding very well and ultimately he doesn't want to be caught out telling porkies.

Certainly it will be interesting to hear further comments from surapong, chalerm and the lady.

Will they comment / will anybody corner them for comment / will suthep demand their comment?

How will surapong explain this to the diplomatic community, he's been trying to convince them that the pt gov't is lilly white.

Undoubtedly suthep and his colleagues will and should take full advantage of this revelation.

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 1

The cop was shot from a high point... guess where these police officers are.. a high point. Ooops now the reds can't blame the anti government protectors for the death of the cop. Might even have to add that the deaths on the side of the protectors might be done by cops too.

Which unit?
Who was the commander of the unit?
Who was the responsible team leader?

What orders were given?

Who gave orders?
What weapons were used?
Where are the application logs?

You ask too many questions

My serial number and that's all you are getting.