Hua Hin for a holiday yes or no.

irlguy1

I've been a few times to HH and I like it. You only have to walk down a bit to find a decent bit of beach or get the taxibus 20bht to Takiab.

A few nice bar/rests. there on the beach, watch the Monkeys from the mountain don't knick your food though. The older part of town is good

for food places, it's like everywhere else you go in the world if the locals are eating there it must be ok. The tourist places are a bit pricey.

I uaually pay about 2 to 2.5K for a room always been good clean and comfortable usually with a swimming pool. Shouldn't think the original

poster would worry about skanky girls if he's on a family holiday.

Hua Hin is a great family friendly holiday destination if you stay in a star rated property such as the sofetel and don't go on the cheap. Golf is arguably the number one reason people travel to HH it has some good sea food, horse riding on the beach for the kids, the palace and some hidden beaches a little south.

Hello Viewers!

I spend quite a lot of my time travelling around Thailand.A few months back i visited Hua Hin.I took the train from Hua Lampong Station to Hua Hin ( i use the train on all my trips ) The ordinary 3rd class train leaves daily at 09.25 (only 43 Baht) and takes a few hours but well worth it with the great scenery and ladies you will be guaranteed " The ride of your life ".Hua Hin itself i found to be very clean and the beaches were " as white as my teeth " all along the coast line have a selection of fantastic and expensive hotels.but you can find nice rooms from 500 baht a night.I enjoyed Hua Hin and got some great photos but far more interesting are the towns and places to visit just outside Hua Hin. We spent a day in the fabulous " Khao Sam Roi Yot National Park" the most gorgeous beaches and scenery and caves and loads of " Buddha things " to see.(photo attached)

I think if i was to return to the area i would set up " my tent " (200 baht from Big C ) in the National Park as it is the perfect place to " get away from it all " and very quiet & peaceful.

Marcus

post-193254-0-69043700-1389832393_thumb.

post-193254-0-94428900-1389832495_thumb.

post-193254-0-28969600-1389832672_thumb.

• Like 1