Double Entry Visa success in Vientiane Laos. Jan 2014 update.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I (fortunately) haven't been since 2008, but I had great luck paying an "agent" 50 thb to fill out my paperwork. Sounds silly, but worked like a charm. OTOH, I heard of people practically getting detained for using an agent to get a laos visa at the bridge. Tuk-Tuk from Embassy to bridge was 5 bucks, or 4 bucks if it is an old one. Also, it pays to use USD for Laos visa. The OPs account seems very accurate to me, nice of you to share.

Thank you for the incredible update. I am going tomorrow and, had you not mentioned the sun, I may have left the hat and sunblock home!

I too, am seeking the 90 day, double entry and will report on progress, next week.

I am USA resident, and havde been to Ventianne twice.

Not sure why people dont like it, I found it to be pretty friendly, enough to encourage me to bring my thai g/f this time

i thought visas from other locations especialy issued in UK dont counts

i got triple visa with extensions from uk, which is about to run out

i stayed in thai about 9 months on it

I am going to apply for double entry in Vietnaine

Im hoping there be no probs...

People reporting they got already visas from there and coming back 1 or 2 times and still getting it...

Thank you for the incredible update. I am going tomorrow and, had you not mentioned the sun, I may have left the hat and sunblock home!

I too, am seeking the 90 day, double entry and will report on progress, next week.

I am USA resident, and havde been to Ventianne twice.

Not sure why people dont like it, I found it to be pretty friendly, enough to encourage me to bring my thai g/f this time

how it went mate?

did u get it ?

So forgive my silly question....but double entry 90 day visa....does that mean you get 180 days in total with a border run in between?

I am probably gonna have to do the same while looking for a job in Ubon.

Does it have to be Vientiane? or can the same (or similar) visa be got at Savannakhet or Chong Mek?

Thanks

• Like 1

So forgive my silly question....but double entry 90 day visa....does that mean you get 180 days in total with a border run in between?

Does it have to be Vientiane? or can the same (or similar) visa be got at Savannakhet or Chong Mek?

Thanks

yes 6 months with border run and extensions

u can get double in Savannakhet

• Like 1

Thanks

Thanks.

So the border run is before 90 days, but when is the extensions? (i don't understand that parthuh.png )

Thanks again

Thanks

You don't get a 90 day visa you get a 2 entry tourist visa valid for 90 days that gives you two 60 day entries that can be extended for 30 days. You can get almost 6 months out of it but you must make 2nd entry before the enter before date on your visa.

Savannakhet does 2 entry visas.

Chong Mek is only a border crossing there is no consulate there. You can cross the border there to use your 2nd entry.

• Like 1

Thanks

You don't get a 90 day visa you get a 2 entry tourist visa valid for 90 days that gives you two 60 day entries that can be extended for 30 days. You can get almost 6 months out of it but you must make 2nd entry before the enter before date on your visa.

Savannakhet does 2 entry visas.

Chong Mek is only a border crossing there is no consulate there. You can cross the border there to use your 2nd entry.

Perfect, thanks!

Thanks

Thanks.

So the border run is before 90 days, but when is the extensions? (i don't understand that parthuh.png )

Thanks again

Extensions u get in thailand immigration office for example i stay 60 days then go to immigrarion in pattaya jomtien pay 1900 and get 30 extra days

So now im on triple visa from uk i extended every entry for 30 days i got almost 9 months of it..

60 days extension in pattaya go cambodia activate second 60 days entry then extend it again for 30 days repeat process

mataleo

Thanks

Thanks.

So the border run is before 90 days, but when is the extensions? (i don't understand that part:huh: )

Thanks again

Extensions u get in thailand immigration office for example i stay 60 days then go to immigrarion in pattaya jomtien pay 1900 and get 30 extra days

So now im on triple visa from uk i extended every entry for 30 days i got almost 9 months of it..

60 days extension in pattaya go cambodia activate second 60 days entry then extend it again for 30 days repeat process

mataleo

Out of curiosity, what was the expiration date, when you picked up the triple?

Good for you. They won't give them in DC, and they want a return ticket for a double. LA was an easy double. It's good to be 50.....paid my dues, that bus ride from ChiangMai to Nong Khai is quite a marathon, and they have their bad hair days at Vientianne, too. Glad you're legal!

Edited by Thighlander

Congrats.

The sucess lies in lack of visas in the passport. No magic here, six months.

As soon as the pp takes on appearance of bring a runner, your days are numbered.

Your days are numbered.

Nice detail.

My passport is almost full of turist visas. But alk from uk and all 3 weeks stay and back uk for 6 months..

Now my current tripple visa is used to the max.

After i get new one from laos i plan exchange passport as running out of pages :)

That would.mean if i go for new visas my passport pretty clear right..

mataleo

Went to Vientiane from Nong Khai for my usual 15 day land cross tourist Visa and the officlal gave me 30 days and not 15 have things changed or is this a mistake?

It is a visa exempt entry not a tourist visa.

If you are from one of the G7 countries since November 1st of last year you get 30 day visa exempt entries at a border crossing now.

• Like 1

Went to Vientiane from Nong Khai for my usual 15 day land cross tourist Visa and the officlal gave me 30 days and not 15 have things changed or is this a mistake?

It is a visa exempt entry not a tourist visa.

If you are from one of the G7 countries since November 1st of last year you get 30 day visa exempt entries at a border crossing now.

Can u extend that for another 30 days in immigration for 1900b?

mataleo