Thailand Default Risk Soars

Thai Default Risk Soars...

The risk of Thailand defaulting on its debt rose to the highest since June 2012 as anti-government protests prompt money managers to sell the nations assets.

Credit-default swaps insuring Thai debt against non-payment for five years rose to 158

The spread has widened 53 basis points since anti-government protest broke out on Oct. 31, compared with increases of 30 for Indonesia and 19 for the Philippines.

an example par excellence how Bloomberg journàsslists present extreme rubbish in a sensational way. using expressions such as "soars" and "selling the nations assets" will -and has already laugh.png - fuelled the wet exchange rate dreams of some of Thailands expats.

as far as credit default swaps are concerned there must be more than a hundred countries on this globe who would be glad if their CDSs trade at 158 notwithstanding the fact that they "soared" 8 points.

to add polish to the served bullshit not the actual CDS of Indonesia and the Philippines are mentioned but just the increase.

for the record: Indonesia's CDS trade presently at 215 saai.gif

I genuinely have no idea what you just said, but yipu said it convincingly!

• Like 1

I am in Thailand since Sept. and have a friend here 15 years. I also live w a Thai girl, and spent nearly 30 years in financial services, and what I see here, is a fabricated consumer market that favors the street vendors, and who may or man not pay taxes and steals money from mall shops and actual stores, as they park directly in front of most stores where money is, and most MRT and BTS stations are a joke, which isnt funny,

no place to walk, and nothing but hustlers, everywhere

that said, the American brands are everywhere as is the push of credit and interest rates.

the housing market has shown growth, I feel, primarily to the same mortgage schemes that caught the west with their pants down,

balloon mortgages are an accident waiting to happen here,

as is this shutdown,

I flew in last night at 7:35PM, and there was zero people at immigration, when 3 weeks before, there was 800,

the cab line which is usually 45 minutes, was; no line,

anyone who thinks defaults from every sector aren't coming, is pipe dreaming themeselves and their clients.

China is the main promoter of building here now and could very well be the chief employer of many of the construction work,

If China implodes, or defaults on anything larger than this first deal that is to be announced next week, or was announced already,

then the shiiite, hitting the fan, in bkk, is already a snowball rolling downhill,

Thailand is tapped,

its people, for the most part, are broke,

businesses that started the last few months, will suffer most, as thet didnt count on not having customers,

mall shops have been warned to stay open, or ve evicted,

I am seeking an opportunity in the guest house business, perhaps in Chiang Mai, fully expecting the rout to begin,

I would stay in bkk, but after growing up in NYC, I have seen enough cities, and prefer countryside, and cooler air

feel free to attack any point made, but, please, for the sake of all, no one need degrade anothers viewpoint,

after all, you may think your wife is gorgeous, but the last guy that was tired of her, was glad to see her go,

oh wait, I am talking about my 2 ex wives, sorry

The risk of Thailand defaulting on its debt rose to the highest since June 2012 as anti-government protests prompt money managers to sell the nations assets.

Credit-default swaps insuring Thai debt against non-payment for five years rose to 158

The spread has widened 53 basis points since anti-government protest broke out on Oct. 31, compared with increases of 30 for Indonesia and 19 for the Philippines.

an example par excellence how Bloomberg journàsslists present extreme rubbish in a sensational way. using expressions such as "soars" and "selling the nations assets" will -and has already laugh.png - fuelled the wet exchange rate dreams of some of Thailands expats.

as far as credit default swaps are concerned there must be more than a hundred countries on this globe who would be glad if their CDSs trade at 158 notwithstanding the fact that they "soared" 8 points.

to add polish to the served bullshit not the actual CDS of Indonesia and the Philippines are mentioned but just the increase.

I am in Thailand since Sept. and have a friend here 15 years. I also live w a Thai girl, and spent nearly 30 years in financial services, and what I see here, is a fabricated consumer market that favors the street vendors, and who may or man not pay taxes and steals money from mall shops and actual stores, as they park directly in front of most stores where money is, and most MRT and BTS stations are a joke, which isnt funny,

no place to walk, and nothing but hustlers, everywhere

that said, the American brands are everywhere as is the push of credit and interest rates.

the housing market has shown growth, I feel, primarily to the same mortgage schemes that caught the west with their pants down,

balloon mortgages are an accident waiting to happen here,

as is this shutdown,

I flew in last night at 7:35PM, and there was zero people at immigration, when 3 weeks before, there was 800,

the cab line which is usually 45 minutes, was; no line,

anyone who thinks defaults from every sector aren't coming, is pipe dreaming themeselves and their clients.

China is the main promoter of building here now and could very well be the chief employer of many of the construction work,

If China implodes, or defaults on anything larger than this first deal that is to be announced next week, or was announced already,

then the shiiite, hitting the fan, in bkk, is already a snowball rolling downhill,

Thailand is tapped,

its people, for the most part, are broke,

businesses that started the last few months, will suffer most, as thet didnt count on not having customers,

mall shops have been warned to stay open, or ve evicted,

I am seeking an opportunity in the guest house business, perhaps in Chiang Mai, fully expecting the rout to begin,

I would stay in bkk, but after growing up in NYC, I have seen enough cities, and prefer countryside, and cooler air

feel free to attack any point made, but, please, for the sake of all, no one need degrade anothers viewpoint,

after all, you may think your wife is gorgeous, but the last guy that was tired of her, was glad to see her go,

oh wait, I am talking about my 2 ex wives, sorry

i hate u with every fibre in my body! ever dollar the street vendors save from taxes should go into buying guns!!!

• Like 1