Political motive suspected in shooting of red-shirt leader Kwanchai

webfact

No doubt Suthep,will claim it was self inflicted or that his own followers did it . I do not have an allegiance for either red or yellow I just wish that the good people of Thailand can learn to live with each other. The man in Dubai love him or hate him gave the people of Thailand rich and poor the right to vote , an election was held and the party chosen by the voters who is this man Suthep who claims the people do not want the government elect as yet I have not seen the millions he claimed would be on the streets in protest Suthep was and has been invited by the then pm to sit down and discuss his concerns and issues he declined his party also withdrew from registration to be voted for in the next elections WHY because this man has a personnel hatred for the man in Dubai all this is for his own self gratification I for one hope to see him languish in jail by the end of the year for the crimes he has committed

"gave the people of Thailand rich and poor the right to vote "

Did Thai people really not have the right to vote, before Thaksin came along, I thought there were occasional-elections since 1932-or-so ?

Does that mean that Thaksin was appointed in 2001, and not really elected?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As to personal hatred, it's been come by honestly:

The man in Dubai has been trying to have him sentenced for murder

for doing exactly the same job that his sister is faced with doing now.

Funny how the 'live fire' zones and 90 or so deaths (admittedly not all on the red side) are never part of your narrative. The fires happened after the blood had flowed, including that of innocent people shot in a temple by troops. It is hard to forget the coffins coming home to Isaan, and that may help to explain the widespread hatred of the Democrats in that region. The perception of many north-eastern redshirts is that the Bangkok elite cared far more about the property damage than the lives of brown skinned people To her credit Yingluck has done nothing like that.

Why would they start fires 5 weeks after protesters were killed? That's like saying they were protesting against the coup. 4 years after it happened and 3 years after elections.

42 bullets where are the bullet holes in the building.

if he was sitting by the table in the picture and they shot 42-47 bullets with an AK47 that normally holds 30 bullets with a standard magazine only hitting him with 2 that wall would look like swiss cheese...and then they would have to stop to reload...doesnt make sense! just saying

if he was sitting by the table in the picture and they shot 42-47 bullets with an AK47 that normally holds 30 bullets with a standard magazine only hitting him with 2 that wall would look like swiss cheese...and then they would have to stop to reload...doesnt make sense! just saying

Just small remark. It is possible to use RPK( mashine gun) magazines for a AK47. Holds 40 catridges.

If it was AK74 instead of mentioned AK47 then it is possible to use RPK74 magazines with 45 catridges.

"I want to tell those behind this attack that we are all Thais. Even though we have different political points of view, there is no need to use violence like this shooting. I think we are in 'violence mode', and even I have to be cautious from now on," he added.

You still remember all are Thais. Good. Pls remind your side as well.

Anyway have a speedy recovery. Talk less, enemies less.

You have a lot of opponents, I don't think is done by pdrc. If they going to shoot someone,

i believe there are others who are definitely more worth for the bullets.

Edited by Smokemachine

No doubt Suthep,will claim it was self inflicted or that his own followers did it . I do not have an allegiance for either red or yellow I just wish that the good people of Thailand can learn to live with each other. The man in Dubai love him or hate him gave the people of Thailand rich and poor the right to vote , an election was held and the party chosen by the voters who is this man Suthep who claims the people do not want the government elect as yet I have not seen the millions he claimed would be on the streets in protest Suthep was and has been invited by the then pm to sit down and discuss his concerns and issues he declined his party also withdrew from registration to be voted for in the next elections WHY because this man has a personnel hatred for the man in Dubai all this is for his own self gratification I for one hope to see him languish in jail by the end of the year for the crimes he has committed

Did Thai people really not have the right to vote, before Thaksin came along, I thought there were occasional-elections since 1932-or-so ?

Oh <deleted> not again . . . . . . . Fire in the hole!

20130712_DeltaCo_grenades_jta_3-M.jpg

LINK : When lobbed into a discussion forum Grenade instantly blasts civil discourse into smoking rubble. Grenade's explosive content can be adjusted to the forum's interests.

Edited by Trembly

Just small remark. It is possible to use RPK( mashine gun) magazines for a AK47. Holds 40 catridges.

If it was AK74 instead of mentioned AK47 then it is possible to use RPK74 magazines with 45 catridges.

50 round mags available for AK 47, also 75 and 100 drum mags. But the simplest solution would be 2 (incompetent) shooters.

BP story mentions he was shot on 14 rai property bought with donations to Khon Rak Udon, and then registered in his wife's name rather than the organisation. Understandably, some people involved not overjoyed with that situation. As I said, the man is an <deleted>.

• Like 1

Oh <deleted> not again . . . . . . . Fire in the hole!

<snip>

Hey, it's not me that's saying that. crazykopite is saying that Thaksin "gave the people of Thailand rich and poor the right to vote". If he did that, that would suggest they didn't have the right to vote before is first term, which would mean he was appointed for his first term. whistling.gif

Exactly.

krazykopite's post suggested something which we all know to be wrong, animatic and I just highlighted the logical consequence of what he had said, for the record I would fully accept that Thaksin was legally-elected in 2001 & that it was the 1997-constitution which had already previously given the electorate the right to vote, in whatever way they chose, not Saint Thaksin. rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

Suthep has absolutely no quarrel with Kwanchai. Suthep wants the Shinawats to leave politics, he is not anti red shirts.

And Kwanchai is irrelevant, spurned by the other red leaders and sometimes by Thaksin, he is seens as a buffoon with a big mouth.

He has plenty of enemies, what better time for a rival to take a pot shot,( hopelessly amateur as it was), than during a time of national political conflict when it's easy to get fingers pointing at the 'other side'.

Maybe he does not have any quarrels with Kwanchai, but not to long ago Kwanchai placed a 500,000 baht bounty on Suthep T., (If he was so desperate to stop an election that early voting is just 3 days away)!

Would not that Red Shirt Leader be a great person to assassinate, to cause a violent Red Shirt backlash, that would be cause for the Army to stage a coup.

Suthep is desperate, the court will not charge Yingluck before the election as he had prayed for!

Cheers

I don't think we should over estimate the importance of Kwanchai beyong Udon. As mentioned, he has upset many reds by putting the title deeds of the house purchased by 'donations' from the Rak Udon committee in his wife's name.

There's a lot of rivalry between red leaders to try and show the big boss they are worth sponsoring- for instance who was behind the 500,000 baht Kwanchai offered as bounty?- certainly not the fat man himself.

• Like 1

Yes. It was probably politically motivated. Internal red shirt politics.

Kwanchai recently put a bounty up for Suthep's arrest. He's been provocative, more so than the majority of red shirt leaders (probably the most other than that Ko Tee guy). It could be a symbolic warning - don't think you're safe, even in Udon. As it came just after a molotov was thrown at the red shirt protest in CM. I think the fact that the reds have been downplaying it may actually be more indicative that it's not down to internal politics. They don't want to appear intimidated or cowed.

However, I don't want to assume one way or the other. I'm only offering this theory because you seem pretty certain even though your theory has no more evidential basis than mine. I suppose the one reason to think it could be internal politics is that they'd do it now because it'd be an ideal time to deflect attention away from themselves and make people think it's the other side. Yet the other side might have been thinking it was about time they struck back (if the red shirts or govt was behind the attacks on them). Or they might've decided the time was ripe for such a hit to exacerbate internal divisions within the red shirts - it's well known Thida, Nattawud et al don't like Kwanchai.

Impossible to say for sure without more evidence. Which we'll likely never get.

Edited by Emptyset
  • Like 2

Oh &lt;deleted&gt; not again . . . . . . . Fire in the hole!

Hey, it's not me that's saying that. crazykopite is saying that Thaksin "gave the people of Thailand rich and poor the right to vote". If he did that, that would suggest they didn't have the right to vote before is first term, which would mean he was appointed for his first term. whistling.gif

I know, I know... It's just the 'he was elected, no he wasn't, he was, he was appointed, he wasn't... '

Almost like something out of Monty Python ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Edited by Trembly