It is getting embarassing to say I live in Thailand

simon43

Simon Simon Simon,

Are you aware of all the turmoil in countries all over the globe. It is not different in Thailand. Don't you have other things you can be doing besides whining about the country you live in. I am excited that I live in Thailand and am enjoying my life here evey day!

• Like 1

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is because this country is rapidly becoming the laughing stock of the world.

Has been laughing stock of where i come from for a long time. ITs always how MUCH is lady stay with you? OR you better use condom!!!!!

They think the only reason guys to to LOS or PI is for bargirls. How offensive-even though they are right in many cases...............lol.

Edited by oogster8

It is getting embarassing to say I live in Thailand

In another thread today you said when you visited the UK you were embarrassed because your friends assumed you were a "sex pervert" and "married to a ladyboy" (your words, not mine). Obviously the people who know you best don't have high expectations to begin with. Certainly after a lifetime of sneers and dismissive comments you've learned to deal with all the embarrassment.

And then these clever friends said Thailand was the Yes Minister country. You do understand that that show lampoons government in UK?

If you study the dull-witted expression on members of the show's cast pictured at No. 10, those aren't Thais.

yes_prime_minister_high_resolution_desktDavid-Cameron-in-green-ti-005.jpg

I have American friends ,but to be honest i have spent time in America and most have not a clue where anywhere is or what is going on there ,and care even less i once told a woman i came from London and she said "oh thats in Paris isnt it" Amazing America.smile.png

This is a nation of people that voted Dubya as their president. And believe in Mormonism. And Creationism. Whose "celebrities" include Paris Hilton and Kim Kardashian. Their "culture" is the trailer trash of the civilised world

there... there... we spent nearly 15 happy years living 8-9 months a year in the "Greatest Nation on Earth²" and were once in a while asked naive questions which made us chuckle (sometimes wince). perhaps we were just lucky but except for one country (Cyprus) of the other half a dozen countries in which we lived we found more friendly and helpful people (not limited to neighbours) than in the U.S. of A.

• Like 2

I have American friends ,but to be honest i have spent time in America and most have not a clue where anywhere is or what is going on there ,and care even less i once told a woman i came from London and she said "oh thats in Paris isnt it" Amazing America.smile.png

This is a nation of people that voted Dubya as their president. And believe in Mormonism. And Creationism. Whose "celebrities" include Paris Hilton and Kim Kardashian. Their "culture" is the trailer trash of the civilised world

And what bastion of cultural excellence do you come from? Us trailer trashies need something to aspire to. Help me out.

• Like 2

I never give a flying Kangaroo about what other people think, or say.That's only bothering me, when people think that I'd met my wife in a bar.

That should be anybody's own decision ,where people decide to spent the rest of their lives.

You're the captain of your own ship, called life.-wai2.gif .

Edited by sirchai
  • Like 1

And what bastion of cultural excellence do you come from? Us trailer trashies need something to aspire to. Help me out.

Thinking he has some kind of low brow penis envy of Americans?

Throw a dart at a map of the world. You can pretty much assume wherever it lands outside the USA will have a culture that you can aspire to.

If someone really wants to dwell on the world's problem-countries these days, I would say Ukraine and Sudan and a few others might crop up well before Thailand for whom many the response is "Thailand -- where's that?"

Exactly. Here in the US nobody gives a shit or knows anything about Thailand, and NOTHING about the recent troubles makes the news, at all. The only ones of us who care are those who have lived there or visit regularly.

Sounds like you, yourself, are clueless ...even to what this thread is about. Bashing Americans is your hobby? Dumbest people I met are people like you.

• Like 2

Don't you have other things you can be doing besides whining about the country you live in.

Whine? I don't recall a whine. I simply made a statement. As another poster said, if Thailand were in South America, it would be called a banana republic smile.png

In another thread today you said when you visited the UK you were embarrassed because your friends assumed you were a "sex pervert" and "married to a ladyboy" (your words, not mine).

No, not my words. You have a comprehension problem. I said:

It used to be embarrassing to tell folks back home that you live in Thailand. all those winks, nudge nudge, is your wife a ladyboy, are you some sort of sex pervert etc

That again is a general comment, with no reference to the First Person. I'm using 'It' in a similar context to 'It's raining, it's cold etc.

I'm also making a general comment about many people's perception of Thailand and westerners who live in that country.

End of English lesson ... smile.png

Edited by simon43

If someone really wants to dwell on the world's problem-countries these days, I would say Ukraine and Sudan and a few others might crop up well before Thailand for whom many the response is "Thailand -- where's that?"

Sudan -- where is that ?? facepalm.gif

Throw a dart at a map of the world. You can pretty much assume wherever it lands outside the USA will have a culture that you can aspire to.

Well, if you see a "Trailer Trash and Proud of It" T-Shirt in a kiosk on Sukhumvit, pick me up a half dozen.

XL size, any color but red or yellow.

Well, if you see a "Trailer Trash and Proud of It" T-Shirt in a kiosk on Sukhumvit, pick me up a half dozen.

XL size, any color but red or yellow.

Havent seen any yet. Maybe an over-reaching US attorney sent them all a cease and desist for trademark infringement of your national identity

A sure-fire way to get a grip on what is going on in YOUR OWN home country is to come to a place like this, or France, or Russia or Sweden . . . . . . . hell, anywhere . . . . . . . .

And then:

First, hang around and confirm for yourself instinctively and intellectually and through day-to-day living that people are the same everywhere.

Learn how your new environment is governed and learn the values of its people. Learn its history.

Deconstruct your new surroundings into their definable components.

Compare your native country with your new home. Not as an evaluation exercise. Quite the opposite. Do it merely as a comparative exercise.

Then, on a quiet beach somewhere, deconstruct and examine your OWN country's elements in isolation.

Guaranteed that the cherished beliefs and impressions and, yes, prejudices you used to hold will melt away. A new synthesis will take hold.

Or just run around in your adoptive country getting pi$$ed off every time things don't play out the way they used to back home.

We live by choices like these.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

A sure-fire way to get a grip on what is going on in YOUR OWN home country is to come to a place like this, or France, or Russia or Sweden . . . . . . . hell, anywhere . . . . . . . .

And then:

First, hang around and confirm for yourself instinctively and intellectually and through day-to-day living that people are the same everywhere.

Learn how your new environment is governed and learn the values of its people. Learn its history.

Deconstruct your new surroundings into their definable components.

Compare your native country with your new home. Not as an evaluation exercise. Quite the opposite. Do it merely as a comparative exercise.

Then, on a quiet beach somewhere, deconstruct and examine your OWN country's elements in isolation.

Guaranteed that the cherished beliefs and impressions and, yes, prejudices you used to hold will melt away. A new synthesis will take hold.

Or just run around in your adoptive country getting pi$$ed off every time things don't play out the way they used to back home.

We live by choices like these.

Jeez, man. You're smarter than you look in the picture.

Thinking of the West Virginia drinking water problems, 9/11, NSA, government shutdown, Monica Lewinsky, Bernie Madoff, 509 state executions in Texas in the last 40 years, BP oil spill......just for starters. What's to be embarrassed about by living in Thailand?

• Like 2