Moto GP - WSBK - 2014

soihok

Some news about S.Redding's search for a Factory Bike next season.

http://www.crash.net/motogp/feature/208171/1/marc-vds-pushing-for-reddinghonda-deal.html

I think Bradley Smith is extremely lucky to have his Tech 3 ride next year, in my eyes he is not as good as Redding.

2015 British GP back to Donnington then onto The Circuit of Wales from 2016. Silverstone organisers sound a little p#ssed off.

• Like 1

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Some news about S.Redding's search for a Factory Bike next season.

http://www.crash.net/motogp/feature/208171/1/marc-vds-pushing-for-reddinghonda-deal.html

I think Bradley Smith is extremely lucky to have his Tech 3 ride next year, in my eyes he is not as good as Redding.

2015 British GP back to Donnington then onto The Circuit of Wales from 2016. Silverstone organisers sound a little p#ssed off.

Marc Van der Stratten (the man, not the team) has already said that he is not prepared to fully fund the factory RCV (and why should he?)

The team seems to be doing all it can to pull together the difference, and even Honda will help a bit, but I think we're only days away from Scott being told that he has to bring in personal sponsorship money to secure the ride.....

To be honest I think both of them moved up the ranks a bit to quick.

I think that's a fair statement for Cal, but not so sure with Smith. He did his time in 125s, and although he didn't really shine compared to Pol Espargaro for example, he did warrant moving to Moto 2.

His time in M2 was tainted by that Mistral bike that Tech 3 developed. So we will never really know what he would have done on a competitive bike.

I think that he has reached the limit of is abilities in MGP, but I don't think its due to his career path.

• Like 2

I think that he has reached the limit of is abilities in MGP, but I don't think its due to his career path.

I think this is something many overlook.

Pretty much every athlete has a ceiling

Where that is none know till reached.

To make matters all the worse is to have your career coincide with a truly great one

Like many will now see & how we have seen in the past when one dominated in various sports.

Really unlucky in a way for those who have to compete during such an era

• Like 1

To make matters all the worse is to have your career coincide with a truly great one

Like many will now see & how we have seen in the past when one dominated in various sports.

Please have two "likes" for this post... one on behalf of Randy Mamola and one on behalf of Dani Pedrosa !! biggrin.png

• Like 2

Please have two "likes" for this post... one on behalf of Randy Mamola and one on behalf of Dani Pedrosa !! biggrin.png

Who would you say on behalf of during Doohans era? smile.png

Edited by mania

Funny how we both though of Crivi.

Actually in the 4 years that Doohan won, a different rider was 2nd every year! Cadalora, Beattie, Criville and Okada (yes, I did have to look that up!). Of course, only Criville went on to be champion after the early retirement of MD.

• Like 1

Funny how we both though of Crivi.

Actually in the 4 years that Doohan won, a different rider was 2nd every year! Cadalora, Beattie, Criville and Okada (yes, I did have to look that up!). Of course, only Criville went on to be champion after the early retirement of MD.

I think because the Alex/Doohan battles were memorable at times ;)

• Like 1

Check out Doohan doing a Phillips ride at 270kph with a pillion

Five-time 500cc Motorcycle World Champion, Mick Doohan's still got it! He clocked just under 280 km/h with a pillion on his bike!
Check out the hot lap around the picturesque, Phillip Island Grand Prix Circuit!

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=877545462257438&set=vb.148290508516274&type=2&theater

Yes old buddy you make me reminisce from the words from a good film you don't know your own destiny until it is reviled to you.biggrin.png

• Like 1

Five-time 500cc Motorcycle World Champion, Mick Doohan's still got it! He clocked just under 280 km/h with a pillion on his bike!

Check out the hot lap around the picturesque, Phillip Island Grand Prix Circuit!

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=877545462257438&set=vb.148290508516274&type=2&theater

With my ex-Mrs in the UK on the pillion I did a 185 mph on my Blade on the the M10 in Hertforshire do I count. laugh.png

Edited by Kwasaki
  • Like 2

With my ex-Mrs in the UK on the pillion I did a 185 mph on my Blade on the the M10 in Hertforshire do I count. laugh.png

Nice one. Was she already the ex when you treated her to that (even nicer one) or was it at that exact point in time that you became her ex (whoops!)?

How the hell did she manage to hold on? .................Thinking about it you don't have to answer that smile.png

Way back in 88 when I had a new GSXR750J in the UK, I used to treat my ex-g/f (not my ex at that point in time I may add) riding pillion to violent unannounced bouts of throttle madness.

I used to blame it on the bike.

Needless to say, she would not speak to me for days after (bliss).

Edited by soihok
  • Like 1

Nice one. Was she already the ex when you treated her to that (even nicer one) or was it at that exact point in time that you became her ex (whoops!)?

How the hell did she manage to hold on? .................Thinking about it you don't have to answer that smile.png

She enjoyed it actually, and she held her arms around the waist I had then. biggrin.png

M10 very short and with a curve that you drift out on at that speed.

Bimota are out of the remaining 2014 WSBK season.

http://www.crash.net/wsbk/news/208078/1/bimota-confirms-wsbk-exit.html

Due to not meeting the required amount of bikes being sold.

This is rather sad, as well as unfair. Bimoto was adding some spice to the WSBK grid, while they were quite off the pace and not elligible to score points, and should have at least been allowed to see out the rest of the season.

The grids need to be bolstered, not cut back. I can understand if the bike they use was a one off prototype as in MotoGP, but they are trying to sell them. Thing is the customer version of this bike is going to be something exclusive and expensive.

Hope they can make a return to the grid in 2015 - Thanks Bimota !!