North Korea threatens nuclear war in response to joint US-South Korea drills

webfact

NK maintaining its carefully structured policy of presenting itself as crazy, dangerous yet weak. This policy has achieved its goal of maintaining the regime intact whilst being able to manipulate foreign powers for several decades.

Is that right?

Can you please explain to us exactly how they have managed to manipulate foreign powers for several decades?

You mean they have managed to be constantly under the imposition of sanctions on an almost permanent basis while their people are starving to death, when they are not too busy being executed that is.

Last year the tension was the highest it has been for over 20 years, and in which way did they manage to manipulate it?

Because as far as I can remeber, they got no sanctions lifted, they got only threats from their enemies and a shitload more weapons deployed to point at them.

Methinks you are very misguided.

Not misguided. He speaks the truth. They have played the USA before. Got lots of food and fuel from us and other countries which they then used to feed their military while the masses starved to death. They then reneged on their promises to dismantle their nuclear capabilities.

Sometimes I actually wish that short little shit would try something. The US has moved missiles into place that would shoot down Kimmie's rockets right off their launching pad. Then a few days of "Libya-ing" them and history would be changed. Muammar Gaddafi wasn't so tough after all.

(Yes I know the French and other allies led that, but the US had a carrier group in the mix, and could send a couple of them plus some heavy long range stealth bombers to N. Korea.)

Last year the tension was the highest it has been for over 20 years, and in which way did they manage to manipulate it?

Well, I was living there '93~'96, and I clearly remember "We will turn Seoul into a sea of fire!" Now that was tension - incredible number of foreigners just bailed, leaving jobs and money behind, taking one way flights out.

Definitely last year was well below that earlier tension.

Sounds as if short fat boy with little arms and funny haircut has been drinking and listing to Johnny Cash.

I fell into a burning ring of fire

I went down, down, down and the flames went higher

And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire

The ring of fire

Haha...I play that when I get drunk in the bar. People hate it, but funny. Play it loud with the horns blasting.

24 Jan: Calls for reconciliation with South

30 Jan: Threatens nuclear war with South

I get the distinct feeling that neither of this guy's oars are in the water....

In other words, a couple of kangaroos loose in the top paddock.

South Korea has it's own version of the Iron Maiden.

She's going to pull his pants down in front of the school at recess

He's going to get a different reaction with her. She's one tough lady.

She might dislike the Japanese, but Japan has a nationalist just itching to send a message to China, and the Japanese may come in handy.

It is conceivable South Korea and Japan may act on their own, and the world is going to have a tough time holding them back.

I have said it before and I will say it again, with all the elite services in the world, as well as private contractors, why hasn't this guy been whacked? I am sure the Russians have people who look like locals and who speak the lingo. So who is protecting this guy, and why?

Which is kinda worrying, as the little man may just be loonie enough to do it

Do not worry.

Nobody believes less into their bullsh*t than the vocal leaders of sick regimes.

USSR Commy leaders were all pragmatists and knew which side of their bread was buttered.

This spoiled brat of N. Korea knows full well how his dogs bite. He is not crazy to start nuke movements.

All his talk is only for the benefit of his own audience. He is quite aware of his popularity rating outside Phengyan.

Edited by ABCer

How long will it be before his surrounding ring of generals take him gently aside.........................and shoot him.

It is a little hard to shoot someone when you are already dead. Un has killed his own uncle (actually his aunt's husband) and quite a few other folks. No general is going to be so stupid as to approach another general with the idea in case the other general shops him. This is the way that the system works and how it has managed to stay in place in the same family since the 1950s.

A re-united Korea is an economic threat to both China and Japan. It boggles the mind what South Korea has achieved since the 1950's. It will happen someday, I hope without war.

This is my gut feeling too.

However there are a number of economic reports in which the effect of unifying the two Koreas is analysed and all analyses have pointed to the unification bankrupting Seoul. The economic analyses are so terrifying to the politicians in Seoul that it is suggested a unification is untenable. However I feel where there is true political will, a way will be found. My personal feeling is that strong restrictions would be placed on the movement of labour across the 38th parallel for a number of years.

• Like 1

A re-united Korea is an economic threat to both China and Japan. It boggles the mind what South Korea has achieved since the 1950's. It will happen someday, I hope without war.

This is my gut feeling too.

However there are a number of economic reports in which the effect of unifying the two Koreas is analysed and all analyses have pointed to the unification bankrupting Seoul. The economic analyses are so terrifying to the politicians in Seoul that it is suggested a unification is untenable. However I feel where there is true political will, a way will be found. My personal feeling is that strong restrictions would be placed on the movement of labour across the 38th parallel for a number of years.

The impact of Korean reunification would rival that of Germany's. While we have little firm data on NK and the real state of its economy, I have seen the figure of $2 trillion as the estimated cost of equalizing incomes across the Koreas over 2 decades. See link below for an often overlooked aspect of Germany's reunification.

http://blogs.reuters.com/global/2010/09/29/the-dark-side-of-german-reunification/

• Like 1

Which is kinda worrying, as the little man may just be loonie enough to do it

Part of me wishes he would start something, just so we can finally have justification to exterminate this little rodent, his military staff and every military site in the north! It's about time that these poor malnourished people in North Korea have a chance of a decent existance thumbsup.gif

Considering the level of malnutrition reported in the country, I wonder how many are suffering some sort of mental incapacity as a result.

I estimate at least 50%. A nation of zombies.

I'm not joking either. Successive generations of malnutrition have stunted intelligence and have created a pliable population easily managed, like worker drones.

I just wish that once, just once, we call their bluff and we press the red button. I can guarantee you that the 1 million starving soldiers will lay their weapons down for some korean gimchi.

Who is we ?

WE ?...

...WE THAI VISA MEMBERS! wink.png