Auto Trivia

bazmlb

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It ended its life as the MGC GT V8, and not with a 3000 Healey Motor, but a Rover/Buick one. .If you check carefully,cant remember the Tyre Pressures off hand though.facepalm.gif .Prince Charles had one of the last ones,then it was dropped for the MGB GT V8.

It ended its life as the MGC GT V8, and not with a 3000 Healey Motor, but a Rover/Buick one. .If you check carefully,cant remember the Tyre Pressures off hand though.facepalm.gif .Prince Charles had one of the last ones,then it was dropped for the MGB GT V8.

MGC GT had a 3 ltr straight 6 British Leyland engine, same as the Healey. MGB GTv8 had a Rover engine.

It was factory upgraded to V8 from that lump,then it became the MGB GT V8.thumbsup.gif

The MG V8 was originally by an outside company (Ken Costello) - it was more powerful than the BL version.

I think Ace will get the picture after you've told him 11 times! tongue.png

Let me goooooooooo one step further, what is the main "visual" difference between an MGB, MGC and MGB V8 ? (forget the engine) smile.png

Front bonnet humps.

Well done that man thumbsup.gif

MGB had no humps, MGC had a long bulge and the V8 had a shorter bulge in the bonnet. I know cos had my head under all three...smile.png

Let me goooooooooo one step further, what is the main "visual" difference between an MGB, MGC and MGB V8 ? (forget the engine) smile.png

Front bonnet humps.

MGB had no humps, MGC had a long bulge and the V8 had a shorter bulge in the bonnet. I know cos had my head under all three...smile.png

Apart from 4 f/gears and reverse what else did the MGB have. ??

Front bonnet humps.

Apart from 4 f/gears and reverse what else did the MGB have. ??

Option of overdrive.