2 hard boiled eggs daily..

kirstymelb101

Who knows...one day this is bad for you, next day its ok...

Recently in Mai Sai we stopped at a honey shop and I had a honey and apple cider vinegar tea...also a ginger and honey tea...both were great.

I came home and found a bottle in tops of all places, of organic apple cider vinegar with the 'mother'...still not sure what the mother is, but something to do with extra benefits...so bought that expensive little bottle and have been having it most days.

Then read that it has amazing benefits for you...apparently....hope this is not reversed in a year or so.

So, nothing to do with eggs sorry, but there ya go.

Who knows...one day this is bad for you, next day its ok...

Recently in Mai Sai we stopped at a honey shop and I had a honey and apple cider vinegar tea...also a ginger and honey tea...both were great.

I came home and found a bottle in tops of all places, of organic apple cider vinegar with the 'mother'...still not sure what the mother is, but something to do with extra benefits...so bought that expensive little bottle and have been having it most days.

Then read that it has amazing benefits for you...apparently....hope this is not reversed in a year or so.

So, nothing to do with eggs sorry, but there ya go.

that vinegar will destroy your teeth if you keep that up too long. moderation/variation is the way to go. but its good to soak in to cure gout. that a together with little bicarb eaten. but only till its cured because these thing are strong and you dont want to swing into the negative outcomes just back to balance.

Edited by box home

Many theories on eggs .... Get a cholestrol test and see what it reads .....

1 egg yolk holds 186g of cholesterol and should not consume more than 300g daily.

I'm told it leads to heart problems and cardiovascular disease.

But studies show their's no actual evidence to prove this theory...

• Like 1

1 egg yolk holds 186g of cholesterol and should not consume more than 300g daily.

Ive also recently heard that the white of the egg helps "control" the yellow cholestrol part ??? In other words don't seperate the white from the yolk ...Moderation also springs to mind .. maybe take one day off a week ??? ... They are a good scource of protein and I luv them boiled !! As I said above Kirsty, IF you where concerened at anytime about your cholestrol levels ... just get a Blood test ... not expensive here .... LIVE WELL !!! CHOKDEE thumbsup.gif

Ive also recently heard that the white of the egg helps "control" the yellow cholestrol part ??? In other words don't seperate the white from the yolk ...Moderation also springs to mind .. maybe take one day off a week ??? ... They are a good scource of protein and I luv them boiled !! As I said above Kirsty, IF you where concerened at anytime about your cholestrol levels ... just get a Blood test ... not expensive here .... LIVE WELL !!! CHOKDEE thumbsup.gif

Great idea!

I'm not time efficient during the morning, and eggs are ideal since they're easy to cook.

Maybe i'll cut back from eating the yolk , and eat only the white part, or 1/2 of the yolk/white and make small omelette.

many alternatives, just have to find the one best suitable to maintain a healthy balanced diet.

strange that i am advising moderation and variation here then i look at what i actually do which is to swing between through excesses and similar daily menus with my body telling me when to change to something else/new for a while. am still alive and going issue free into my second half century.

Edited by box home

A recent study (sorry no link) says people who eat eggs for breakfast are more successful with weight loss than those who eat more carb focused breakfasts. I think eggs are great but also feel wary about eating massive amounts of them, and I think two per day is pretty massive.

A recent study (sorry no link) says people who eat eggs for breakfast are more successful with weight loss than those who eat more carb focused breakfasts. I think eggs are great but also feel wary about eating massive amounts of them, and I think two per day is pretty massive.

This is an off season diet for a pro bodybuilder. In high season whilst competing the diet is nearly a third heavier.

Meal 1: 10 egg whites, 2 whole eggs, 1 banana, 1 tbs. honey, 5 plain rice cakes, 1 cup oats (dry measure), 1 bagel toasted.

Train

Meal 2: 16 oz. of Gatorade, 2.5 scoops of ProM3 by ISS Research, 5 plain rice cakes, 1 fat free bran muffin, 2 packets of sugar oats, 1 tbs. honey.

Meal 3: 6 oz. pasta with Healthy Choice sauce, 5 oz. chicken, veggies

Meal 4: 5 oz. beef (filet or topround), 16 oz. red potato, veggies, 4 plain rice cakes

Meal 5: Same as Meal 2.

Meal 6: 8 egg whites, 1/2 cup oats (dry measure), small box of raisins, 4 plain rice cakes.

Meal 7: About 15 pieces of sushi: spicy tuna, yellowtail; rice.

Meal 8: 2.5 scoops of ProM3, 1 cup oats (dry measure), 4 plain rice cakes.

Meal 9: 3 scoops of Complete Gainer Power by ISS Research.

Meal 10: 2-3 scoops of Complete Whey Power by ISS Research. (Depends on if I wake up during the night).

Meal 11: Same as Meal 10.

How many eggs is that in 1 day?...

Only around 25% of cholesterol comes from food sources, the remainder is manufactured by your body.

Presumably you eat chicken, your weekly intake of cholesterol from chicken is more likely to outweigh that from eggs..

I agree but it's really hard to shake decades of conditioning saying too many eggs are a no no.

Sent from my Lenovo S820_ROW using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

egg and cholesterol questions is like if you ask if Mohammed or Jesus is better......Don't expect any answer with reason, it is more dogmatic....

But fact is most of the cholesterol is produced by the body itself and does not come with the food. And there are bodybuilder who eat 20+ eggs every day and have a perfect normal cholesterol.

So I wouldn't worry about it at all.

1, 2, 3, 4 is surely no problem. But of course others will explain you why you'll die in the next 3 month when you eat too many eggs.

egg and cholesterol questions is like if you ask if Mohammed or Jesus is better......Don't expect any answer with reason, it is more dogmatic....

But fact is most of the cholesterol is produced by the body itself and does not come with the food. And there are bodybuilder who eat 20+ eggs every day and have a perfect normal cholesterol.

1, 2, 3, 4 is surely no problem. But of course others will explain you why you'll die in the next 3 month when you eat too many eggs.

possibly egg whites, not yolks.

possibly egg whites, not yolks.

also yolks....eating only the whites is now old fashion.....

I recall a friend of mine who bought the liquid whole egg in 1.5 liter tetrapak.....I can't recall how much he ate of it, but I recall that at this time I asked myself if it is even human possible.

I guess it was something like 2 packs per day.

(that guy was full of steroids as well and pumped up looking like the michelin man.)

have in the past couple of months noticed pack of two boiled eggs at 7-11. have taken to eating them. at first i would just grab a pack without looking too closely. was getting annoyed that sometimes they were very runny. i was going to complain but then noticed that there are in fact two types one is harderboiled and the other is runny soft (some blue color on the pack).

now i chose runny more often because you can get them out of the egg shell easily and just pour them over my 7-11 packaged meal, and they taste ok too.

but here is the query, do runny eggs have a bigger chance of salmonella and other nasty stuff?. longer boiling is more likely to kill baddies and you know that runny eggs cant be long boiled. am risking it anyhow, you only live once.

Edited by box home

Eat more, read less.

All will be well.

• Like 2

Eat more, read less.

All will be well.

Don't eat more.....my wife tried that already and gained 30 kg

• Like 1

This is an off season diet for a pro bodybuilder. In high season whilst competing the diet is nearly a third heavier.

Meal 1: 10 egg whites, 2 whole eggs, 1 banana, 1 tbs. honey, 5 plain rice cakes, 1 cup oats (dry measure), 1 bagel toasted.

Train

Meal 2: 16 oz. of Gatorade, 2.5 scoops of ProM3 by ISS Research, 5 plain rice cakes, 1 fat free bran muffin, 2 packets of sugar oats, 1 tbs. honey.

Meal 4: 5 oz. beef (filet or topround), 16 oz. red potato, veggies, 4 plain rice cakes

Meal 6: 8 egg whites, 1/2 cup oats (dry measure), small box of raisins, 4 plain rice cakes.

Meal 10: 2-3 scoops of Complete Whey Power by ISS Research. (Depends on if I wake up during the night).

when that guy farts people run for their lives

We are talking Hobo power stinky

More important is the source of your eggs. This didn't use to be a big problem in thailand, but now a lot of them are mass-manufactured by battery chickens just like in the west. When you figure how those chickens are kept alive, what they're fed on, then cholesterol starts to become a non-issue.

I still think any old egg in thailand is better tasting than its equivalent in england or australia.

I would make sure you get eggs from chickens allowed to live a decent life.

I've probably averaged two eggs a day for years upon years. Like others have said already, our body makes cholesterol all the time, and in fact it's a vital substance in our body. I think the structure of the brain itself is about half made up of cholesterol.

The damaging figures for cholesterol in one's body comes from white sugar, white flour, and all foods containing them. I think the wrong kind of fats are a disaster too, eg transfats, any processed fats.

Eat away with the eggs, avoid refined sugars and flours.

More important is the source of your eggs. This didn't use to be a big problem in thailand, but now a lot of them are mass-manufactured by battery chickens just like in the west. When you figure how those chickens are kept alive, what they're fed on, then cholesterol starts to become a non-issue.

I still think any old egg in thailand is better tasting than its equivalent in england or australia.

I would make sure you get eggs from chickens allowed to live a decent life.

I've probably averaged two eggs a day for years upon years. Like others have said already, our body makes cholesterol all the time, and in fact it's a vital substance in our body. I think the structure of the brain itself is about half made up of cholesterol.

The damaging figures for cholesterol in one's body comes from white sugar, white flour, and all foods containing them. I think the wrong kind of fats are a disaster too, eg transfats, any processed fats.

Eat away with the eggs, avoid refined sugars and flours.

I had some eggs someone bought that tasted like fish. I almost never eat fish so I might be a bit more sensitive to that taste.

I guess their food is junk from fishing.

I normally buy the organic eggs from "The Mall" which are good. At Villa there is now an other "more organic" brand, which is more expensive. Don't know the difference, just they feed them less color, which might or might not indicate that they are more natural. (I guess feeding them carrots would also make nice color and would be natural).

Train

when that guy farts people run for their lives

We are talking Hobo power stinky

the fart of death......the last thing you see is the six pack flexing....

• Like 1

Recent studies are now saying that, saturated fats are not responsible for high cholesterol...and that refined carbs and trans fats are the enemy...Google it...

I also have read that many studies now are ok with eggs. I eat quite a lot of them 3 or sometimes more a day. I do blood tests once every half year and my cholesterol values are always good. I have an otherwise healthy diet and am known to do some exercise.

I would not worry too much about it and if you do worry try eggs for a while and then go for a blood test. Its cheap around 400-500 bt in most clinics.

• Like 1