Hull consulate web-site: Cannot open downloaded forms

I seem to recall a thread about this before, but I cannot locate it.

I visited the Hull consulate web-site and tried to download/open the pdf files for visa notes/application, but my computer flagged them up as .bin files. not pdf files, and refused to open them.

Has anyone found how to download/open these files? I do not want to use similar documents from another consulate web-site because iI understand that Hull has somespecial conditions for issue of visa.

FYI, I will be in the UK for the first time in 7 years and wanted to see if I could obtain a 1-year 'B' visa - my justification for obtaining this is that I am currently building a new business in Phuket (yet another small hotel), The land-lease contract and OrBorTor planning permission documents are all in my name.

Simon

I think the trick it to click on the Adobe PDF logo I was able to download them.

You will probably find it difficult to get a multiple entry B visa. They have tightened up on them and all multiple entry visa applications have to be approved by the embassy. There have been reports of people with a work permit not being able to get one.

Are you aware that Hull and the other consulates can no longer accept mail in applications? Only the embassy does them now.

Some mistake on the website.

If you download them, they are named with a file extension ".asbx".

Rename them to ".pdf" and they are fine to open.

Or even easier: start PDF Reader and drag/drop the files to Adobe Reader.

You can also "open" the donwloaded files from Adobe Reader (using filter "*.* All files").

Worked for me.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Forget about Hull they will not issue you with a one year non B even if you have a valid Work Permit and all the required company papers.

They do not even seem to know what the correct Thai papers should look like - go to Hull and you will waste your time

Non of the UK Honorary Consultes will now not deal with you by postal application, only the Thai Embassy Consular facility in London.

Your only hope is London and they are far from easy.

Edited by digitalchromakey

If I download the visa files using Firefox I have the same problem you reported. If I logon using the MS Internet Explorer browser the (few remaining) files download and open ok with Adobe.

I think Hull will forward a postal application to London which they are now not authorided to process. In my experience (last October) they - or their new masters - were unhelpful and ignorant. In stark contrast to the service of the previous 7 years when they were superb.

OK - thanks for the above. Hull has certainly changed its stance since I visited their office some 7 or 8 years ago. Looks like I need not waste my time with a trip to Hull.

Simon

Use Cardiff rather than Hull...........Too many bad reports on Hull here and elsewhere.......Very slow