Red wave set to swamp Bangkok

Lite Beer

I'm not sure that this is the point. They had been neglected for so long since 1932. Bangkokians have enjoyed far better services and living standards its not funny. I don't see this in red or yellow. We need to understand what only Thaksin did for the people of the north and northeast to realise this. 17 times the amount of government services in and around Bangkok compared to the North.. And now people trying to stop them and others from voting. This is not Democratic. I think we can lay the blame at successive governments who have spurned the people who are at fault. This is not so much about Thaksin but rather a semblance of democracy that I think the people desire. Not the elite of Bangkok infringing upon their rights. Be he good bad or ugly for all of Thaksins faults he did connect with the people. The Democrat's have not and cannot until they participate in the democratic process. In short Thailand needs to usher in a constitution that benefits all the people even the minority. Maybe they could take a leaf out of Australian or New Zealand democracy and copy this. But until both sides stop wanting power and money, it will be the people who revolt as we are seeing today and especially in the last 10 years. Marginalisation is Thailand's biggest problem as is the Ammarts, police, military and the judicial system. Their will be no real peace for any Thai until these items can be addressed. The revolution will continue until an equal balance of power and reform has been achieved. A rough road lies ahead.

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

.an equal amount of money in each Shinawatra bank account?.......................coffee1.gif

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If those do come to Bangkok ... I'll recommend to the gf that there is an untapped market maybe selling ageless face-cream to our friends from the north ... rolleyes.gif

They just look old from working hard to keep the rich BKK elite in the lifestyle they demand.
Sadly if the Dubai crim gets his way the next generation will look the same as they keep the rich Chang Mai elite in the lifestyle they demand.

In you other post it is possibly not the political colours on the wristbands that you see but the nation....two sides opposed but both contain an element with a common want for their country...common ground is there. There is hope.

Of course if the poor and north continue to benefit from the raise in standard of living at the rate they have over the last 10 years that would be just great.

Someone without the the corruption but business sense of Thaksin and without the arrogance, manipulation and corruption of the Dems that would be nice. I also live in hope.

You missed out the lying cheating, theiving and murdering of Thaksin

• Like 1

Things could get messy.

My wife is off to vote today, largely because she's heard that some people have turned up and their votes have already been used. Is this a new tactic? Probably cheaper than vote buying.

She wants to make sure that noone used her vote for YL.

At least the reds want the vote to go ahead which means that the polling stations should be 'bomb free'.

As for the red shirts in the picture, they look glad enough to receive the free t-shirt and beaten down enough by the govt that they're desperate enough to do anything for a few hundred baht. These are the same people who T told would be rich, how long ago?

Hows that working out for them?

Final thought, I wonder if the RS leaders will take their ID cards again, just for safe keeping (so caring). When will they learn?

A post simply oozing your patronising distaste for the common working people of Thailand.

Do you really expect them to all look like that ghastly Singha heiress, wiggling her tits off the back of Dadies' merc, or howabout the coke-snorting drunken cop killer? Are they more to your taste in "good-looking" Thais?

• Like 1

Many seem to be shouting war and trying to ignite one. All caused by one single person for greed and desire of greatness. 64 years old and gathered billions. Still it's not enough. How does he think he can return to Thailand and live? Become president of the north? It will not happen.

One really has to be a blind fool to write such rubbish. So you are against democracy?! Go back to your home country, Thailand does not need your kinds of expats!

No you only want those agreeing with you whether they are Thai or falang

What I would like is some honesty.

We were treated once again to the hyperbole of blaming everything on Thaksin. How many times do we have to read claims as to the man's alleged mind control over millions? Much of his wealth is on paper, and is not sitting at his feet in the form of gold coin. The issue isn't even the purported wealth. Rather it is the condescending arrogance of those, who in the absence of an intelligent argument attribute the PTP support to the supporters being paid off. It is quite obvious that the people making such spiteful allegations know nothing about the regions which support the PTP.

I emailed my friend yesterday asking him if he would vote. He replied yes and loosely translated, he said he was holding his nose. I translated a word I didn't understand as "hillbilly". Basically he said he was voting because Suthep and his supporters treated him and his family like hillbillies and would do nothing for them. And before you dismiss this, note that he is one of the thousands of sons of Issan who have been sent to the south to deal with the insurgency. In his case he deals with IEDS and other gifts from one of the groups supporting Suthep . He's lost friends in the conflict and I've watched as his hair has more and more white over the past year. His parents are elderly and they still work back breaking jobs to gain income. He's the face of Isan. Not particularly polished, but polite, trustworthy. His vote isn't for sale, and his support for the election is because he actually believes in the right to vote. Maybe one day when some of you people actually get out into the areas filled with the people you piss on and get to know them and the systemic economic hardship and denial of opportunity, you will have a better understanding of why they support the PTP and even the UDD.

Zimbabwe and Nth Korea are examples of the will of the majority----the manipulated people driven into a frenzy-little freedom of the truth in the media, or TV.

Kept down by control freaks--with sticky fingers.

You are supporting a group which is trying to deny the fundamental right of voting! It does not get any more undemocratic than that! The Yellows have had multiple opportunities to make their so called "reforms" recently, in 2006-2008 especially.

Only some arrogant and ignorant Bangkok expats continue supporting them for some selfish reason obviously. Some are even hoping for a military coup.

Keep on voting is the only way to get rid of corrupted politicians eventually. Military coups only hand power back to the same corrupted elite in Bangkok and nothing improves. The Reds are not much better but at least it is a small step forward.

This arrogant attitude of Thai Chinese minority is very dangerous. The idea it is their birthright is to rule over Thailand. It could turn against themselves if the angry Reds really started flooding to Bangkok. All that decades long hate just waiting to be released. It could turn very ugly and very fast. When Thais lose their cool, they really lose it in very bad way. I hope it does not come to that.

In 2010 it was very close of starting a civil war. Government buildings already were burning all over the place but for some unknown reason it did not escalate beyond that. This time we might not be so lucky.

No good voting some maggots back in, same problem. The only way forward is to get the courts to kill the maggots off-get rid of them ALL.

Then you can sit down once the rabble has departed get your big changes in laws and reform. OOO la La Elections.

you mentioned abot getting rid of the Chinese Thai elite, good lets start with the rebel rouser first -the one that is still today causing thee problem--The big Chinese Thai himself Thaksin.

Have a look at forbes gin the top 10 will tell you whos the big chinese thai and Mr isnt anywhere near close wink.png but i get your point i suggest the maggots are kicked out in elections when the arrogant sobs in yellow finally realise its not all about them they might just do it. ... or maybe not in this lifetime whistling.gif

If you would agree that Thaksin can play no part in Thai politics I would agree with you about people in the Northeast being equal to people in Bangkok - by the way that is also the basis of what Suthep wants and the basis of the protest - NOT to keep people in the North down -but to keep out a wanted criminal - an impeached President of the US would not be allowed to behave in the way |Shinawatra has i am sure you will agree

• Like 1

[quote name="Finkelstein" post="7382090" timestamp="

- Chuan (democrat) helped by the IMF restored economy.

Aftr this statement it is getting clear how do you hate thais.

There is not a single country in the world where they did restore economy but force privatization state companies for their foreign backer advantage and pump out currency. You can seeit all over Africa, Latin America ans Eastern Europe now.

That was biggest Thailand success to get rid of foreign debt and IMF parazites.

That "Red Wave" would be more distructive than any Tsunami too with Thida and Jatupron running things.

Cool it. There is no "red wave" .It is just another hysterical headline intended to scare people.

First,...you must not be familiar with the North, and their supreme patience thus far. Second, you must not be familiar with how people who have been "bullied" reach a snapping point.

The PDRC goebbelesque propaganda has gone too far,...in a Country without sexist, racist, elitist, it would have never begun.

• Like 1

The red wave set to swamp BKK should be extremely careful. I have read here many times that the BKK locals become quite murderous when they are annoyed.

I know you are anti government and I am too.

But this sounds an lawful lot like what some pro government people said when bombs were thrown on anti government basically condoning it.

I hope I am misreading it as I don't believe in that kind of violence. An army taking care of things (with as least casualties as possible preferably none) would be a much better thing as a civil war.

• Like 1

You are supporting a group which is trying to deny the fundamental right of voting! It does not get any more undemocratic than that! The Yellows have had multiple opportunities to make their so called "reforms" recently, in 2006-2008 especially.

Only some arrogant and ignorant Bangkok expats continue supporting them for some selfish reason obviously. Some are even hoping for a military coup.

Keep on voting is the only way to get rid of corrupted politicians eventually. Military coups only hand power back to the same corrupted elite in Bangkok and nothing improves. The Reds are not much better but at least it is a small step forward.

This arrogant attitude of Thai Chinese minority is very dangerous. The idea it is their birthright is to rule over Thailand. It could turn against themselves if the angry Reds really started flooding to Bangkok. All that decades long hate just waiting to be released. It could turn very ugly and very fast. When Thais lose their cool, they really lose it in very bad way. I hope it does not come to that.

In 2010 it was very close of starting a civil war. Government buildings already were burning all over the place but for some unknown reason it did not escalate beyond that. This time we might not be so lucky.

"in 2006-2008 especially"

Just to point out that Thaksin was PM, and then caretaker-PM, from January to September of 2006, and his PPP-led coalition-governments were in-power, from January-December of 2008, so I can't agree with your claim that that "The Yellows have had multiple opportunities to make their so called "reforms" recently, in 2006-2008 especially." , I think you're overstating your case based on inaccurate 'facts'.

The junta-appointed government, from September-2006 to December-2007, did make some changes/reforms to the Constitution during that time, reacting to flaws which had shown up under Thaksin, and these were (correctly IMO) validated by a national-referendum, the right way to see whether reforms are approved or not by the electorate.

I think that many posters, whichever side they tend towards, would agree that some further reform is needed. Caretaker-PM Yingluck & protest-leader Suthep both promise reform, followed by elections again, thereafter.

But the question in my mind is more, whether Yingluck & PTP can be trusted, to carry these out (and put them to a national referendum) while they are actually in-government. The way the Amnesty-Bill was extended & pushed-through would suggest not IMO. The temptation to "hang onto power at all costs", as her brother advises, seems too strong.

I'm not really any happier about Suthep's currently-proposed alternative.

Meanwhile holding an election in the current atmosphere, with supporters of both groups on-the-streets & a level-of-violence & intimidation unprecedented during the run-up to the election, seems certain to have flawed and unpopular results. Red waves or blocking polling-stations are equally undemocratic. This is already a failed-election, even before most have voted, IMO.

And the Electoral Commission will take their own (hopefully neutral) view on that.

clap2.gifthumbsup.gif +1

My wife is just off to vote. Of the FIFTY THREE parties registered only 4 candidates are standing in my local electorate. the Democrats have chosen not to stand. My wife has indicated to me whom she will vote for and it is NOT the 'Red Shirt' Pheu Thai candidate.

Should my wife's democratic right to vote be denied because of Suthep or Abisit?

I said to mine last night stopping people voting was wrong, as I think the government will use the intimidation excuse for the areas not voting.. Far better to just vote No Vote. She was always going to abstain though.

you mentioned abot getting rid of the Chinese Thai elite, good lets start with the rebel rouser first -the one that is still today causing thee problem--The big Chinese Thai himself Thaksin.

Thaksin in his Machiavellian style power play started for real the political awareness among poor northern Thais. He probably never intended it to become such a large political force, he just wanted the top spot in Thai government by using them.

Anyway, he and his sister will some day be voted out of power but the awareness and political influence by voting are here to stay. If the Bangkok yellow elite tries to deny the northerners from voting, it could turn very ugly.

I think if one was to give some credit to Thaksin it is that he did give Isaarn a voice that now cannot be ignored. That is good.

But the rest of him is pure garbage plus the notion that he is a businessman is also pure garbage.

The northerners will get their vote. It will be the vacuum in the aftermath and action from the courts over the next few months that will see Thaksin and his Pheau Thai band of lawless undemocratic thieves removed. The north should start learning that democracy also includes abiding by the law and the constitution.

That is the best - clearest most truthful post on TV in the last 6 months - well done +1

• Like 2

The red wave set to swamp BKK should be extremely careful. I have read here many times that the BKK locals become quite murderous when they are annoyed.

I find that Thai people in the North are tranquil or explosive, with very little grey area. They find any kind loudness or aggression offensive,...and will walk away,...but if push them too far, as the PDRC Goebbelesque elite are doing,...they are going to snap with all the built up tension the elites have been spewing for years.

• Like 1

What I would like is some honesty.

We were treated once again to the hyperbole of blaming everything on Thaksin. How many times do we have to read claims as to the man's alleged mind control over millions? Much of his wealth is on paper, and is not sitting at his feet in the form of gold coin. The issue isn't even the purported wealth. Rather it is the condescending arrogance of those, who in the absence of an intelligent argument attribute the PTP support to the supporters being paid off. It is quite obvious that the people making such spiteful allegations know nothing about the regions which support the PTP.

I emailed my friend yesterday asking him if he would vote. He replied yes and loosely translated, he said he was holding his nose. I translated a word I didn't understand as "hillbilly". Basically he said he was voting because Suthep and his supporters treated him and his family like hillbillies and would do nothing for them. And before you dismiss this, note that he is one of the thousands of sons of Issan who have been sent to the south to deal with the insurgency. In his case he deals with IEDS and other gifts from one of the groups supporting Suthep . He's lost friends in the conflict and I've watched as his hair has more and more white over the past year. His parents are elderly and they still work back breaking jobs to gain income. He's the face of Isan. Not particularly polished, but polite, trustworthy. His vote isn't for sale, and his support for the election is because he actually believes in the right to vote. Maybe one day when some of you people actually get out into the areas filled with the people you piss on and get to know them and the systemic economic hardship and denial of opportunity, you will have a better understanding of why they support the PTP and even the UDD.

That is a gret story from the real world, this guy probably - given some education - would realize that Thailand need reforms, reforms to ensure the development of Thailand into a democratic country, more fair for poor and rich, reforms to make conflicts in the country less prone... He sound like a guy that has seen things - so he KNOW that in the deep south peoples are struggeling because this government do not support farmers in south - democracy will help that - because reforms will among other things target the division of the country into reds and democrats...

The WILL be a division, look at US - red and blue - divided in two, but as in the US - it can be a division among friends... Not enemies - Thais should not hate each other enough to drive all the way to Bangkok and shoot peoples... Education (this government removed the proposals from the earlier democratic led government about improved education) is the real solution to many of the problems here...

I am sure that You, if You are from a democratic background, easily can make a young bright man like who You are describing here - understand that democracy is not in the vote, but in the power - and tell him the story about how Sadam Hussain (backed by the US) kept power by general elections for many many years... Then I am sure he will too realize that reforms may not mean destruction, but progress...

Thank You for sharing...

art-Thailand-1-620x349.jpg

Credit

If those folk do come to Bangkok ... I'll recommend to the gf that there is an untapped market maybe selling ageless face-cream to our friends from the north ... rolleyes.gif

Just thinking outside the colours square.

Those are the people the "Democrat" party wants to rip the right to vote..because they are "uneducated"....The Democrat party is the party of the rich and powerful...banks and corporation...means MINORITY...and they NEVER will win a FREE election in Thailand...without that kind of unfair and dictatorial "reform" its have in mind...Democracy never will really happen when Greed and Power are the main goal of World's leaders.

GREED and POWER is a GLOBAL DECEASE, affecting the rich and the poor, and corruption NEVER will be eliminated in ANY country...without a REMEDY not contemplated anymore....called SHARE.

Sharing the wealth may be the TREATMENT...but Robin Hood is not in politics anymore....and I cannot see another coming in my lifetime....I am not a Pessimistic.......I am just a DREAMER

Edited by umbanda

First,...you must not be familiar with the North, and their supreme patience thus far. Second, you must not be familiar with how people who have been "bullied" reach a snapping point.

The PDRC goebbelesque propaganda has gone too far,...in a Country without sexist, racist, elitist, it would have never begun.

Like in the good old days of the 1930's Europe - You threathen by violence - hooligans from North will march towards an otherwice peaceful protest - peaceful and peacefully blocking (for the most parts) protest... I any normal democracy protests are legal and even part of the democracy...

Many seem to be shouting war and trying to ignite one. All caused by one single person for greed and desire of greatness. 64 years old and gathered billions. Still it's not enough. How does he think he can return to Thailand and live? Become president of the north? It will not happen.

One really has to be a blind fool to write such rubbish. So you are against democracy?! Go back to your home country, Thailand does not need your kinds of expats!

Timwin....EricBerg was absolutely correct. It is so transparent. Thaksin is so deluded and the reds that support him are just beyond words.

I am not a fan of Yingluck and her brother but who else is going to help the north? Thaskin is using them for self gain but he helps himself and he helps the north as well.

What other choice do they have?

Finally someone who knows what there talking about, the Chinese started imagrating to Thailand over 400 years ago, between 1882 & 1917 there where 30,000 per year coming to Thailand, starting in 1910 they where required to take Thai surenames, they currently make up around 14% of the population around 9 million. Between WWI & WWII they contoled all the rice, timber, tin and rubber being produced in Thailand mainly via corruption. Today 80% of the Thai stock market is controled by Thai Chinese, 80% of the top 40 wealthiest Thais are Thai/Chinese with the new 2013 #3 being Chareon of Thai Bev.

Yingluck, Abiset, Thaksin and most all of the past 10 PM's have been Thai/Chinese, the military, the courts and most public offices at the high level are Thai/Chinese. They are seperate society within the Thai society, you will rarely ever see a Thai chinese marry a Thai, they are only allowed to marry within there society, if they do so they risk being shunned by their family.

I am not saying that all Thai/Chinese are bad or corrupt, but the current situation is just a power struggle between the Thai/Chinese elites, with the poor Thai people being manipulated stuck in the middle!

Haha!!! ..........i fear you dont know what youre talking about sorry for you - Take this from a Thai who has studied Thai history. The word Tai is a Chinese word - tey were a very large China tribe that migrated here to Chiang Mai and the central regions around Phitsanolok and Sukhothai around 800 years ago. The oldest known mention of their existence in the region is made by the exonym Siamese scriptures of the1200's.They mixed with the indigenous population and formed the mainstream thai culture - The lanna and Ayuthaya cultures came from these people and were moved to Sukhothai and Bangkok. The Northeast of Thailand was largely unaffected by Chinese migration hence they are indigenous tribes of different variety. To look at recent migrations from China is a drop in the ocean against what happened in the 800 years before regarding the effect of the Chinese in Thailand - The Shinawatras came to Thailand and took over the silk trade in the North. So where as your argument about Chinese elite democrats - it was China who banned a recent movei based on Thaksins rule of Thailand and his empeachment in 2008. i hope this is of help to you!

I can agree with your points.

But, I do not with your comments where you actually divide the population. Because it would be helpless in solving the current issue. Yes I also see that there is arrogance and corruption that I don't like. But we should be careful in not splitting the population further.

As for the red shirts in the picture, they look glad enough to receive the free t-shirt and beaten down enough by the govt that they're desperate enough to do anything for a few hundred baht. These are the same people who T told would be rich, how long ago?

Hows that working out for them?

If you havent been witness to the economic boom enjoyed in the north and north east over the last 10 or 15 years, the rapid rise in economic power and living standards, the creation of a more middle class existence and urban centers, then I dont know where your living.

Sure Tacky didnt create all of it.. But he rode that wave and championed the region. He is associated rightly or wrongly with that surge of development and prosperity.

• Like 2

That "Red Wave" would be more distructive than any Tsunami too with Thida and Jatupron running things.

Cool it. There is no "red wave" .It is just another hysterical headline intended to scare people.

...........oh my goodness!!! im speechless!!ohmy.pnghuh.png - i do feel that we are beatdeadhorse.gif on TV some times!!

Funny that there are wearing anti-government protestor arm bands. Perhaps waiting for haridan Thida to run off a batch of special edition Truth Today arm bands. Actually since their government got into power they have shown less interest I disseminating the truth today.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1