Auditor-general tells caretaker PM Yingluck to scrap rice pledging scheme

webfact

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

These poor farmers have NO right to stell the people's tax-payer money.

The farmers should go after Yingluck for compensation from her personal wealth, not from the tax-payers of Bangkok.

Bangkok people pay fair prices from rice they consume. Why should Bangkok people give free money to farmers?

• Like 1

"Auditor-general tells caretaker PM to scrap rice pledging scheme"

You are wasting your breath Khun Prapee.

She never listened before and she has no intention of listening now.

Or should I say.....her brother.....never listened before or now.

What the auditor general wants, and what Yingluck wants,... doesn't really matter when the man in Dubai has the final say... whistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gif

I am not so sure. This actually provides a good avenue of escape for the YL govt to try and extricate themselves from this poorly thought out and executed scheme.

I hope that they will see the light of day, and fess up to their mistake. This would be the first step towards reform and a more open and honest govt. If not, they deserve to be replaced, at the ballot box of course.

You really believe they interested in the poor...Sorry, but its all business what they doing...And to much dilettantes...wai.gif

Poor farmers get merely 18% from the rice budget while the rest go to high and middle income earning farmers.

Indeed a well planned money laundering scam scheme designed to channel monies to those least in need and sympathetic to the Shinwatra P.T.P. self enriching policies.

One wonders just how much the privileged 82% may have lost financially if in fact that 82% have lost anything at all.

At least this boy made some money didn't he.whistling.gif

Controversial former prime minister lives in Dubai as a fugitive from Thailand to avoid corruption charges. His influence over sister Yingluck, Thailand's current prime minister, whom he nominated for the position, is said to be waning. Ousted in 2006 coup, Shinawatra disclosed to FORBES in October that Thai authorities had returned to him close to $1 billion of his $2.3 billion in frozen assets. His [...] more

http://www.forbes.co...sin-shinawatra/

Edited by siampolee
  • Like 2

I am not so sure. This actually provides a good avenue of escape for the YL govt to try and extricate themselves from this poorly thought out and executed scheme.

I hope that they will see the light of day, and fess up to their mistake. This would be the first step towards reform and a more open and honest govt. If not, they deserve to be replaced, at the ballot box of course.

I would say that this is anything but an escape route.

Read my post above this one and it will explain the government's position by declaring the rice scheme dead.

They will never be able to introduce another populist policy anywhere near along the lines of this scheme, and any new policy they try to use in a pre-election run up will be pulled apart and probably blocked judicially.

Target the wrong doers and the saboteurs rather than the rice pledging scheme. Who are those unscrupulous people, the auditor general office should reveal them to the government and if the government does not take action against them than it is guilty of dereliction of duties.

Problem is they tried to reduce the price being paid last year and farmers groups made clear what would happen if they did this and PT did a u turn.

• Like 2

Target the wrong doers and the saboteurs rather than the rice pledging scheme. Who are those unscrupulous people, the auditor general office should reveal them to the government and if the government does not take action against them than it is guilty of dereliction of duties.

Somebody tried doing that and quickly retracted their statements about corruption when someone had a word with them!

• Like 1

Agreed. The government should cut its losses now. It will require both sides to accept that this has to be wound down quickly and in a manner that contains the ongoing losses. Hopefully an agreement to pay the farmers their outstanding monies will be included. Unfortunately, the government whether it is PTP or XXX will still be on the hook for the payments due the farmers if they are not paid. I don't think the proponents of holding up the current monies due, understand that it just doesn't damage the current government but damages the reliability of future governments when they enter into future payment agreements. Everyone will suffer because a premium will be attached to any future deals, even if executed by a seemingly honest government.

• Like 2

Problem is they tried to reduce the price being paid last year and farmers groups made clear what would happen if they did this and PT did a u turn.

The next govt, who ever it may be should just stop this stupid scheme.

Let the farmers earn what they planted. Market mechanism work best.

The next govt, who ever it may be should just stop this stupid scheme.

Let the farmers earn what they planted. Market mechanism work best.

post 23 offers some realistic, viable options in way of supporting farmers who may need it.

Scrap the existing system. Pay the poor farmers full existing subsidy. Pay the middle income farmers 50 percent of the subsidy, and pay nothing to the high income farmers. Meanwhile, tax the millers, PTP members, and farangs on this board who have supported PTP's shoddy governance. That ought to help put things back into balance.

Unlike the micro loans or electricity rebate scheme, the people who benefit most from the subsidies are the guys with 10,000 rai plots. It would have been simpler to distribute diesel coupons, bags of seed or just give out cash.