Small utility tractors , good reputation in Thailand

WilliamCave

You can get parts mostly everywhere for kubota and ford,john deere not so sure.

Customer service,not sure,all my gear is second hand.

Read through some old tractor threads here,you may pick up on a certain model that people like and think are reliable.

For me whatever make its got to have front wheel assist and good working pto.

Also check what size rear wheels it has,tyres can be expensive when you have a blowout.

Got to aggee with Farmer jo small tractors need 4wd ,to get the power to the ground.

Round here the Hino l 23 is very popular,but most are 2 wheel drive,also Izike are popular,againe majority are 2 wheel drive, and they seem to go forever.

The Kubota "sunshine" series are good, but they tend to be more expencive than the others,but most are 4wd

As FJ said spars are almost no problem, near here, for my Hino they is a Ford dealer, and an indepedent guy they both sell bits for most of the Japanese tractors and Ford ,as for JD ,I pass on that,my have to go to Rangsit ,near BKK

My tractor was second hand ,for repair's, near me is a guy ,1 man band will repair most tractors ,over the past 3 days re- building a Ford 6610,from the ground up ,dose it all the time ,plenty more like him around,just ask.

• Like 1

What size of tractor do you mean by "small utility tractor" ?

If you are talking about the really small 20-30 hp toy tractors, personally, I'd buy a Kubota if there's a dealer near. They have a good range of tools for the things. I was comparing the small guys at New Holland and Kubota and the New Holland dealer says to go to Kubota for attachments....go figure. Other makes, I have no idea.

That's my 2 baht for what it's worth.

I did a LOT of research and ended up buying a new Kubota. It is worth every penny I paid. I am very happy with my kubota. Very reliable. Backed up by the dealers. Parts and attachments easy to get.

I basically bought it to move snow, but use it for a lot of things. It has a power take off that I can put a 10,000 watt generator on. The bucket looks new in spite of all the steel and metal I have moved. The paint is very durable. It starts with no problem even at -20 F. I never found a negative report on Kubota. I would put it up against any other make of equal size. Best tractor I have ever used.

If you are talking about the really small 20-30 hp toy tractors, personally, I'd buy a Kubota if there's a dealer near. They have a good range of tools for the things. I was comparing the small guys at New Holland and Kubota and the New Holland dealer says to go to Kubota for attachments....go figure. Other makes, I have no idea.

The kobota seems to have good options as I seen on the Internet , and yes I am looking at the 20 to 30 hp units

Read through some old tractor threads here,you may pick up on a certain model that people like and think are reliable.

Also check what size rear wheels it has,tyres can be expensive when you have a blowout.

John Deere is a rebranded Yanmar. Yanmar makes all John Deere Tractors up to 50 hp. Look under the hood and the engine will say Yanmar.

I like them because they have a lower center of gravity than a Kubota. (Kubota is a fine machine.)

• Like 1

The kobota seems to have good options as I seen on the Internet , and yes I am looking at the 20 to 30 hp units

Hi.

One thing about the 21 hp and the 24 hp units. They spec the 21 hp as being narrower, which could make the difference in it being useful for some jobs. I had a good look at them and borrowed a tape measure from the salesperson. They are exactly the same size at the rear tires. Only the front is narrower. IMO the 24 hp would be a better machine. The attachments for it are bigger than for the 21, the front wheels and tires are bigger, and I forget what else, it's been a while now. Depends on what you want it for and if the extra 70,000 baht is worth it to you for the 24 hp.

Last thing about these small tractors. The front blade is ridiculously priced..over 50,000 baht. They come with nothing at their base price. I'd still love one for our farm. The big tractor is just too big sometimes.

John Deere is a rebranded Yanmar. Yanmar makes all John Deere Tractors up to 50 hp. Look under the hood and the engine will say Yanmar.

I like them because they have a lower center of gravity than a Kubota. (Kubota is a fine machine.)

Yanmar still build the best gear, in my opinion.....probably why John Deere use their stuff.

Yanmar still build the best gear, in my opinion.....probably why John Deere use their stuff.

You can't buy a Yanmar in the US because John Deere cut a deal with them to sell all of their tractors up to 50 hp in the US as John Deere. You can buy a used imported Yanmar and I bought one a few years ago and it's a great 33 hp tractor. I wanted the low center of gravity because my property is a steep view property. I still can't take it everywhere on the property, of course.

PS That's an after market American front end loader.

tractorSmall.jpg

housegoogle3.jpg

Edited by NeverSure

• 2 weeks later...

Had our new plot of land cleared and turned over today. Thought they would be using the Ford 6610 to do the job. Instead turned up with 3 medium sized Kubotas at first they seemed like toys bouncing and spinning everywhere but 4 hours later the job was done and about £65 worse off .post-2215-0-56927300-1392992865_thumb.jp

• Like 1