South Australian gay couple travel to Thailand for birth of their surrogate twins

Lite Beer

They are going to get a lot of stick in school. Hopefully they will be cherished amid a good family environment but it will be difficult for them, whatever.

That is the old generation idea's. A new world regarding gay acceptence is in the making. These kids will most likely grow up in a far more accepted world/situation then any of us.

Old generation maybe but the reality is that other kids will target them for abuse, as kids do.

I hope that these parents have considered this carefully. Things don't change as fast as you think!

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anything that is not PC when discussing these matters has a tendency to be considered homophobic, even if one objects to five years old in English schools being taught about so called same sex relationships. I pity these two boys who will now have be brought in an environment that has been deliberately contrived to contradict Mother Nature, let alone numerous religious standpoints, which modernist reductionalism seems to wish to completely do away with.

Anything that is not PC when discussing these matters has a tendency to be considered homophobic, even if one objects to five years old in English schools being taught about so called same sex relationships. I pity these two boys who will now have be brought in an environment that has been deliberately contrived to contradict Mother Nature, let alone numerous religious standpoints, which modernist reductionalism seems to wish to completely do away with.

So called? coffee1.gif What would you call relationships between two people of the same sex?

• Like 2

Isnt there some law in australia about a gay couple living together raisinf children? Without a mother. I am sure a mother has first custody rights. So isnt it possible they may send the children back to thailand to the mother?

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

No its completely legal hence the Aussie diplomat from the embassy there to ensure all legalities. In the ACT and most other states gay couples are allowed to nurture and have children.

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I feel sorry for these children when they reach school age and have to try and explain their relationship and parental origins to their peers. I wonder if the fathers gave any thought to this beforehand. But the deed is done.

What the.... Gee feel a bit sorry for you mate. Being gay or not gay, the majority of Aussies don't really give a sh.t, unless your 15 years of age and going through a homophobic stage, which by the way.... Enough said..

• Like 1

They are going to get a lot of stick in school. Hopefully they will be cherished amid a good family environment but it will be difficult for them, whatever.

That is the old generation idea's. A new world regarding gay acceptence is in the making. These kids will most likely grow up in a far more accepted world/situation then any of us.

Old generation maybe but the reality is that other kids will target them for abuse, as kids do.

I hope that these parents have considered this carefully. Things don't change as fast as you think!

maybe you're not living in the same reality as the vast majority of open society.,.

I would nt want to be a gay couples kid.

What's this world turning into?

We used to have as many wives as we wanted in Africa. We gave up this practice and now we are to accept two males playing house with infants?

Well, societies differ.

Are we to accept single parents to raise children?

In many countries today, that's very common.

Maybe just allow two opposite sex parents to have kids, and have the state take away the kids of any family that doesn't meet that standard?

Sound good?

Nobody is realistically expecting most countries in the world to "accept" gay families at this stage.

Not in a world where countries like Russia and Nigeria are taking things BACKWARDS.

In some countries, it's progress for gay people just not to be locked up in prison or murdered just for being gay.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

I do hope the Surrogate Mothers are feeling no remorse, To carry a Baby for 9 months,then give it up to 2 rich Guys .Crazy World we live in.

I think there are not yet enough similar cases to find out how such children are received by other kids in primary school ....for instance at an "open door" school day when those kids will attend with their two papa's.

Children can be very cruel for each other at that young age...

judge not lest ye be judged... There is only one head honcho doing the judging, let's leave it in his capable hands hey!

I do hope the Surrogate Mothers are feeling no remorse, To carry a Baby for 9 months,then give it up to 2 rich Guys .Crazy World we live in.

I think there are not yet enough similar cases to find out how such children are received by other kids in primary school ....for instance at an "open door" school day when those kids will attend with their two papa's.

Children can be very cruel for each other at that young age...

maybe they just wanted to help. I was adopted and all the better for it... Crazy feeling being wanted and loved by my natural mother who was unable to provide this. Thanks to all my mum and dad's, could a ended up in a Vegemite jar..

• Like 2

Next you can order babys online via amazon. I think there must be an border making babys to a consumers product. Its not ok to make children without history, the history is part of everybodys identity.

So that makes adopted kids without a history? I got one and a great one at that PM me if you want the story and also read the article properly, if the kids want to know in the future they are more then welcome to it. Just as I was....

• Like 1

The real issue here isn't the sexuality of the parents at all. There are many people who are raised by 1 piss poor parent that couldn't give an s**t. 2 fathers who both love you dearly? Fine.

The issue here is that there are 1,000,000s of children all over the world who are already born but will live their lives in homes never knowing the love of a parent. These 2 (and many, many others like them including infertile hetero couples) could really make a difference but make this choice. That is what I have a problem with.

It is not their responsibility to care for 1 million failed condoms. They have as all people a want for biological children of their own. Their own genes continued. Its their choice, and their choice alone.

They could have chosen insemination. Either in a clinic or on their own. They could have chosen to have unprotected sex to get the same result. I just dont see the ethical problem as long as the mother is taken care of in the best possible way.

Ethical issue? To start with this happening due to a commercial interest would be the beginning of the ethical dilemma. You have also consider the issue of IVF and learning difficulties (autism and other spectrum disorders). Finally you have to justify our present situation where we have a burgeoning global population and an issue with provision. Just because science provides doesn't necessarily mean we should use.

There are an estimated 153,000,000 orphaned children in the world and an estimated 5,000,000 IVF children. It would mean 5,000,000 LESS orphaned children if this practice was banned. So we come down to the issue of ego. Sure my wife and I have a beautiful little girl all of our own making but, due to an existing medical condition in our relationship, we still had the conversation of "what if we can't" and were agreed on adopting as an answer. Yes my little girl is the spit of me and that is wonderful but I know that I would love an adopted child just as much. When my little girl arrived I only had instinct as my reason to love her, how I feel about here at 25 months? Insane, painful, amazing, wonderous love that I never knew existed. Some people's egos are incredibly fragile and not having their "own" (i.e. genetically related) child is devastating to that fragile world.

Whilst there is a strong commercial case for IVF there is little hope for those 153,000,000 humans without love.

• Like 1

So, who of the two is going to breastfeed?

On a different note, I wish them both the best of luck. However, I would've liked it better if they had adopted two orphaned newborns or infants instead of "making their own". There are tens of thousands of children in this country who will never have the privilege of feeling parental love, and I suppose it probably would've cost them much less if they had adopted a couple. But then again, it was their choice.

That a very understandable thought (we often visit the Phaya Thai orphanage and donate)however, I don't know if the adoption process would be legal/recognised in Australia, thus they might not receive duel citizenship rights for the adopted children of a Australian Gay couple.

maybe you're not living in the same reality as the vast majority of open society.,.

Reality is that kids will be kids - bullies will look for anything they can use to taunt and hurt others - and that won't change anytime soon.

I hope they do well.

University lecturer and school teacher,whats the world coming to.

And the point is what? They are both highly educated?

Costa's the like is freakin me out , cheers chief, we may differ on the political side of things, but socially speaking I must a under estimated you ;)

Cricketnut, on 10 Feb 2014 - 18:08, said:
Cricketnut, on 10 Feb 2014 - 17:59, said:
farmerjo, on 10 Feb 2014 - 17:01, said:

Costa's the like is freakin me out , cheers chief, we may differ on the political side of things, but socially speaking I must a under estimated you wink.png

Cheers mate, you said something that is very right and I liked it.

Political believes have nothing to do and even if you post something that is against my believes, and I like it, I will press the button again.

I don't wear blinkers as some other posters do.

Cricketnut, on 10 Feb 2014 - 18:08, said:

Cricketnut, on 10 Feb 2014 - 17:59, said:

farmerjo, on 10 Feb 2014 - 17:01, said:

Costa's the like is freakin me out , cheers chief, we may differ on the political side of things, but socially speaking I must a under estimated you wink.png

Cheers mate, you said something that is very right and I liked it.

Political believes have nothing to do and even if you post something that is against my believes, and I like it, I will press the button again.

I don't wear blinkers as some other posters do.

point taken, heard and now adopted! Cheers Costa likewise ;)

• Like 1

I could nt put the quotes above this.

I am a Nigerian and for once the new gay laws here got 99% support. Only one Nobel prize winner and few activists offered any dissenting opinion.

Our sick senators take home 5 times what a US senator does. Only 13% of our annual budget is appropriated for capital expenditure and still half of the 13% still evaporates into thin air.

I don't know about Russia, but Africans in Africa, in this century would never understand the rationale of seeing gay couple as normal.

The educated class will turn a blind eye to it as long as it's never promoted.

Why do gay couples always go to press with everything they accomplish without respecting the wishes of people who may abhor the practice. If these two teachers did nt start beating their chest with babies they spent so much to make, we would not be discussing gay couples intents and accomplishments now.

So long as the promote their lifestyle, there will always be people that will show their disagreement with their choices.

I would nt want to be a gay couples kid.

What's this world turning into?

We used to have as many wives as we wanted in Africa. We gave up this practice and now we are to accept two males playing house with infants?

Well, societies differ.

Are we to accept single parents to raise children?

In many countries today, that's very common.

Maybe just allow two opposite sex parents to have kids, and have the state take away the kids of any family that doesn't meet that standard?

Sound good?

Nobody is realistically expecting most countries in the world to "accept" gay families at this stage.

Not in a world where countries like Russia and Nigeria are taking things BACKWARDS.

In some countries, it's progress for gay people just not to be locked up in prison or murdered just for being gay.

• Like 1

[/

This should be moved to the appropiate section of tv.

The downfall of society is when LGBT start messing with nature.

I really dont care what you do behind doors but this kind of practice should be outlawed.

Go adpot a child in need instead of creating surrogate Frankenstein children...

bah.gif

This is the saddest post I have ever seen on TV. I hope the mods take notice " Frankenstein children" really sick man, really!

You'll get over it.

I have no problem with anyone's race, religion, politics or sexual orientation if doesn't adversely effect me. There are already too many people telling you what you should and shouldn't do.

The only observation I would make in this case is are the parents putting their needs ahead of their children's? All the same I wish them well.

Edited by bigbamboo

I for example don't like Christians who try to convert me.....I also don't like people who are noisy. Khungribo on the other side is Christian and don't like homos...Most probably he also doesn't like Atheists like me. But I think it his good right to do so.

Everybody has the the right to dislike or not to like other persons regardless of race, age, gender, sexual orientation, etc, but nobody has the right to make derogatory or disparaging comments publicly about other persons he dislikes or does not like, at least not on Thaivisa or in other civilised company.