Chalerm says protesters number only 4,000

webfact

Chalerm says protesters number only 4,000

BgU01l0CcAAlwg6-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: Director of the Centre for the Maintaining of Peace and Order (CMPO) Chalerm Yoobamrung says anti government protesters at all sites numbered just 4,000 last night.

He said that before protest leader would address the crowd at the Pathumwan protest site there was about. 800 protesters.

However when he jumped to the stage the number rose to 1,500.

In all protest stages, there were about 4,000, he said.

He also challenged Suthep to swear when he accused him of making 2 million baht earning a day from operating slot machines by a tycoon known as Sia Liang.

If such accusation turned out to be true, let he be met with catastrophic fate, Chalerm said and added if this was just a lie then Suthep would face such fate.

He said he is a Bhuddist and always have a Buddha image hanging around the neck. He then challenged Suthep to swear if he spoke the truth or just merely a lie.

(photo : twitter @dekdue_03 )

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/chalerm-says-protesters-number-4000/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-02-13

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

this man goes for the quantity, but absolutely not on the quality ?

Only if connections from Excise dept can score him some quality confiscated Cognac or decent rum. Maybe more effective than local stuff to cure his blurs & shakes.

Look at him in the pic..blitzed, hungover or looks like he's about to spew.

post-78205-0-99552300-1392279282_thumb.j

Edited by gemini81
  • Like 1

Again this highlights the incompetence of the PTP. They have implemented an emergency decree that disallows gatherings of 5 people or more all at a huge cost to the tax payer and there are still 4000 people protesting. Is there nothing the PTP can get right? They can't even garner a majority now. cheesy.gif Math really is not the PTP strong point. 43% is an overwhelming majority. 61% against amnesty bill is a tiny minority. 47% turning out to vote is a majority. 70% of the votes of that 47% can be counted is called an extremely successful election. (well apparently in the UK it is anyway) So now 4000 people is less than 5 people according to Chalerm who loves to bring attention to the fact he cannot do his job.

Also words like "catastrophic" and "beheading" are more at home in a terrorist video. It says a lot about your supporters doesn't it?

Edited by djjamie
  • Like 1

Looking at the pictures circulating on social media, I would say even less than 4000.

They bock a street with just 20 people sitting in the middle of an intersection with their little whistle.

Pathetic really.

Sent from my iPhone...

Several foreign news outlets have reported that when Suthep walks the streets, it's always the same crowd cheering him. When he has walked past, they run down the sidewalks and go stand again at the next street corner.

• Like 1

gerry1011, on 13 Feb 2014 - 15:17, said:

Looking at the pictures circulating on social media, I would say even less than 4000.

They bock a street with just 20 people sitting in the middle of an intersection with their little whistle.

Pathetic really.

Sent from my iPhone...

Something's wrong with your iphone.........please, check it.

• Like 1

Pathetic really.

Sent from my iPhone...

Several foreign news outlets have reported that when Suthep walks the streets, it's always the same crowd cheering him. When he has walked past, they run down the sidewalks and go stand again at the next street corner.

Well, whoop de doo! People multi tasking.

• Like 1

Waiting for the pro-Suthep supporters to come out and say Chalerm is once again exaggerating the numbers.

The good Chalerm has been wrong before I do believe , both him and the party he represents have great difficulty in counting how much they owe the rice farmers.

Pathetic really.

Sent from my iPhone...

gerry, the pathetic thing is that 20 people can actually manage to occupy and block an intersection without being arrested.

Given the massive numbers of police purportedly available under the emergency decree, don't you think their inaction is more pathetic?

Maybe they are being told not to act by someone in higher places.