Where to get copper HT cable?

AllanB

Anyone know where I can get copper HT cable, I need a couple of metres? One of the leads I have are not long enough and I would like to start afresh and replace all four.

I am in Khon Kaen and have tried at least 15 shops, but the best I can do is buy a set for 1500baht, and throw most of the bits and pieces away.

I have no idea where to buy that in KK but i would recommend to use factorycables if you can get them at least. And these days they are made of graphite if i recall well but correct me if i'm wrong.

I used to make cables myself long time ago but then i found out where to buy leads in any length i liked and they worked much better in humid conditions.

You can use them from any other vehicle, just look for the right size and a good brand and if they have straight or bended connectors. And keep them away from eachother and the chassis.

My advice is to skip the average motorcycle part shop and go directly to a car parts shop, in Bangkok you the colors for HT ignition cable are generally black or red, but I also seen colors like yellow, green and blue... they maybe even have more colors...

Take a piece of the old ignition cable with you so the supplier can give you the correct core thickness...

I have a rare bike so there will be no set available, just need some HT lead to simply cut to length and screw the ends on from my existing leads.

Copper were standard the bike when new, so do not wish to change and finding a supplier in Thailand will save shipping from the UK/

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BLACK-7mm-SILICONE-HT-IGNITION-LEAD-COPPER-CORE-CABLE-X-1-METER-AJS-BSA-TRIUMPH-/281251419974?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts_13&hash=item417be41746

..just like that.

Edited by AllanB