New Tesco rant

eezergood

I just park in the handicapped zones, if i am feeling in a slightly jaded mood i park so that i use 2 spaces

Did you ever wonder where that big scratch mark down the side of your vehicle came from?whistling.gif

never had one, the missus has got a green plate on our fortuner

What do you park in the two spaces, your elephant?

I was trying to work out what the colour of your wife's number plate had to do with anything, perhaps your "jaded mood"?

I just park in the handicapped zones, if i am feeling in a slightly jaded mood i park so that i use 2 spaces

Did you ever wonder where that big scratch mark down the side of your vehicle came from?whistling.gif

me also, no green plate, but seen many with this..... just more of that unique Thainess I assume?

What do you park in the two spaces, your elephant?

I was trying to work out what the colour of your wife's number plate had to do with anything, perhaps your "jaded mood"?

taxi plates :)

• Like 1

The only way it would work is to have a someone policing the parks & that is not going to happen & besides nobody most people will park as near as they can regardless of what markings are on the space. I mentioned to a Thai lady about taking up space in the toddlers parking area & she informed she was pregnant. Last week the handicapped space was marked off with cones but the whole area was full of m/cs. I managed to get somebody in authority & she came out to look & since then I think they have kept the m/cs out of that space. It is the taxi drivers that irk me the most. Not only do they take up prime parking space they also consume valuable oxygen.

• Like 1

Lets represent all the minority groups outside tescos, so we can live in an equal and democratic society. Dont leave anyone else out. We all demand great parking!

But if all of us demand preferential treatment then....oh...I see what you did there! Clever! rolleyes.gif

It's not just Tesco.

At the bathrooms on the ground floor of BigC you need to be Hercules to open the huge door, semi-broken to the handicapped bathroom.

Even better is the sign on the handicapped bathroom at Jungceylon (attached).

Are they taking the piss or what?

post-40708-0-22320200-1392623652_thumb.j

• Like 2

I will get around to making a complaint to the management, with pics. I know it will do no good, but will make me feel better & get a rant off my chest

If your complaint to the manager goes no where (likely) then CC your pics and complaint to all the email addresses below along with your complaint and see how many days before those parking spaces are available again. You can include local and national media too.

National Office for the Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities Thailand. [email protected]

Disabled Peoples International - South East Asia (Bangkok) [email protected]; [email protected]

Global Campus Foundation Chiang Mai [email protected], [email protected]

Tesco Corporate Responsibility (UK) [email protected]

Tesco Corporate and Social Responsibility (Thailand) [email protected]

I made a complaint about Homepro Village Chalong taxi parking via email. Received an answer by phone the same day (twice actually, 1x from headquarters and 1x from Chalong), and the next day they were parking where they're supposed to.

• Like 1

MMMmmmmmmmm.
The one thing that I liked about the new Tesco/Chalong is the HUGE parking are off to the right, that mainly only motorbikes use but there's PLENTY of room for cars also.
It's about 20 steps to a huge side door that gets you into TESCO without all the kiosks and ice cream stores in the way.

No taxi drivers to hound you, no traffic to run you over, just a big (uncovered) parking lot with no one in it.

But, of course, if you came for ice cream....................................

I made a complaint about Homepro Village Chalong taxi parking via email. Received an answer by phone the same day (twice actually, 1x from headquarters and 1x from Chalong), and the next day they were parking where they're supposed to.

I would like to back it up with pics again, but I try to avoid shopping at all costs. In every Asian country I have lived in, shopping for a pint of milk involves the whole family, plus eating some total rubbish from a food court & takes a few hours. Whereas I go to the supermarket to get the things I need as fast as possible & leave

The new Tesco in Thalang has allowed parking in the lane next to the building, real pain when you can't get your cart past the taxi van to your car. Complain and get that imbecelic giggle. If no one is in the car I like to leave a gift of chewing gum on the side mirror

. Hope they never have a fire.