Suthep threatens mass rally on Wednesday

webfact

Suthep threatens mass rally on Wednesday

2-13-2014-9-27-10-PM1-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Protest leader Suthep Thaugsuban has threatened to stage a mass rally on Wednesday for a final push to force the collapse of the government.

Addressing the crowd at Silom protest stage Monday night, he said upcountry people would be mobilized for the mass rally together with protesting rice farmers for a make-or-break showdown with the government.

He dared former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra to return home to command his force saying that the protesters are ready for the fight.

The secretary-general of People’s Democratic Reform Committee said that more people would be dispatched to the Government House tomorrow to confront the police as the Centre for Maintaining Peace and Order has threatened to retake the Government House from the protesters.

He also urged motorists to use their cars to block all entrances to the Government House.

On Wednesday, the Civil Court is due to deliver a ruling on the legitimacy of the Emergency Decree.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/suthep-threatens-mass-rally-wednesday/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-02-18

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am going to try to get the contract for transporting the protesters.

I have 3 motocycles and a Tuk Tuk lined up.

Should be enough.

You must be a great man

even 2,000 police can not move what you can do with 3 motorbikes and a single tuk tuk

do they let you out often, or did you escape

post-13618-0-89597100-1392681761_thumb.j

• Like 2

Should be enough.

You must be a great man

even 2,000 police can not move what you can do with 3 motorbikes and a single tuk tuk

The reasons behind why 2000 police cannot move a few die-hard protesters are far more complex than having enough transport.

Should be enough.

You must be a great man

The reasons behind why 2000 police cannot move a few die-hard protesters are far more complex than having enough transport.

...I can think of three reasons why the police cannot shift the protesters:

(i) they have no balls;

(ii) they are led by a moron; and

(ii) they can see the writing on the wall; that is, that they are aware that their allegiance to the current crooked 'government' will all be for nought in the very near future, so they don't want to leave themselves open to all sorts of charges once power changes hands.

I think the reason is that they do not want to hurt people and they know that the few protesters that are left will be going home soon.

• Like 1

He's threatening and pushing. Soon he will just go away quietly and he and his followers will be ridiculed and discussed for two more years. He will have achieved nothing for the benefit of poor Thais and the benefit of the country. He must be ashamed and is threatening and pushing to camouflage the deep feelings of shame.

Doesnt Suthep realize that another large protest will only make the courts uncertain in their decision to end the SOE?

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Those were my thoughts too - should have kept quiet for 2 more days, let the Courts lift the SOEmergency on Wed, then on Thurs declare new pushes.

Unless he's been tipped off that the Courts will co-operate anyway ....

Doesnt Suthep realize that another large protest will only make the courts uncertain in their decision to end the SOE?

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Those were my thoughts too - should have kept quiet for 2 more days, let the Courts lift the SOEmergency on Wed, then on Thurs declare new pushes.

Unless he's been tipped off that the Courts will co-operate anyway ....

Perhaps your right! He seems to know when to leave just prior to the riot polices advances.

• Like 1

He's threatening and pushing. Soon he will just go away quietly and he and his followers will be ridiculed and discussed for two more years. He will have achieved nothing for the benefit of poor Thais and the benefit of the country. He must be ashamed and is threatening and pushing to camouflage the deep feelings of shame.

i think you so wrong !!

the thai people is proud people and will be proof wrong to you.

• Like 1