Thai Police begins firing tear gas at Phan Fah Lilat Bridge

webfact

Now wasn't it Abhisit who said the protesters did not have weapons? Was he lying or just not up to date on what really going on.

Depends on whether he gets caught.

"Nation News Agency reporters witnessed using of real ammunitions and grenades at the clash."

This clearly means the protestesters used them because, especially considering the source, if the police were using ammo and grenades the word POLICE would be present in bold caps.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hopefully the protesters are correctly armed and didn't bring knives to a gun fight.

Hopefully they didn't bring guns either.

Sorry to burst your bubble but they used M79 grenades and firearms against the police. Funny that the M79 and men in black shows up everytime Suthep is involved, in 2010 and now again.

Were Suthep's "Men in Black" on the red shirt stage in 2010 too?

It is not out of the question if that is what you are asking.

Not guaranteed, given some protesters were wearing police uniforms.

Maybe..

Could be also the third party again impersonating policemen attacking the protesters.

Saw a post from the other article showing a group of policemen with full uniform except they are wearing sport shoes instead of boots.
Wonder who are they exactly.
  • Like 1

This poor police officer won't be walking straight for some time.

He is a victim of a bomb thrown by the protesters...

More and more crimes committed by the yellows are exposed... :ph34r:

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

And I thought it was police and reds who were throwing bombs, no?!

" At Chaengwattana site, the police moved in with teargas firing, protesters sat down and prayed with no resistance. At Pan Fah bridge, police form the Second Region Provincial Police were seen firing at protesters with shotguns. Many protesters were injured and several ambulances were seen moving into the area to take the injured to hospitals. "

This ugly, ugly administration is now showing it and Thakin's true colours. Protesters that were sitting and praying have had canisters of tear-gas thrown at them, and other protesters have been shot at by police, as reporters are now witnessing.

Chalerm was obviously very upset yesterday. He was humiliated. What we are seeing now is the true face of Chalerm in action - pitting Thai people against Thai people. He is a coward, and a bully. And he has perpetrated a great sin today. These images are being broadcast all around the world. They are not subject to the Yingluck administration's spin. They show a savage, savage administration, that has over-reached in their response alarmingly. The army is watching, and one's guess is that they will not be able to tolerate this much longer. This administration is out of control, and is at war with its own people.

Not according to the news I've been listening to, BBC, AJ, ABC, or are they as bias as hmmm what's your fav channel, blue sky???

I haven't heard them saying that the protesters were sitting and praying, but what I did see was protesters throwing glass bottle's, rocks, chairs, anything they can pick up, and now shooting and throwing bombs, HARDLY THE STUFF OF "PEACFUL PROTESTERS" HUH???

and er' you really should have a think at what you spew, IT'S THE POLICE GETTING SHOT, so who do you think might be doing that huh??? the vile mongrel's that do all this killing should be dealt with as quickly as possible

Actually, two civilians have also been killed today.

PTP, who you apparently support by all means, has lost. YL and PTP could have exited the stage gracefully, but they have decided to launch a wave of violence and mayhem instead. Everything is collapsing around PTP's ears, and I guess they just decided to take as much down with them as possible.

Why would you say that PTP has lost. When this started,they took the middle ground and called for fresh elections. Its the opposition that has taken this course of action for fear of losing again and again and again. Historically every cause that is championed by the majority of the people have always ended with victory. Same would be the case for the PTP. Suthep and his band of idiots, will lose sooner or later. You can call the Shin clan whatever you want, but as long as they have the backing of the majority, they will always be around. This is a fact. The sooner you face this and get on with life the better.

I am just glad that Chalerm did not resort to tactics employed by the "Butchers of Ratchaprasong" (Bloodbath Vejjajiva and MadDog Thaugsuban), or else Mr. Suthep would have already been given the Seh Daeng treatment and many more protesters would have lost their lives. All this shows is the restraint being shown by the current government.

I hope for this to end with dialogue and no more loss of life, but given the unreasonable attitude shown by the MadDog I fear this will not happen.

• Like 2

RT @RichardBarrow: 11:40am Reports that a policeman has been shot during clash at Pan Fah Bridge #Bangkok (Pic @phattanantv9) http://t.co/pSxuF9Ph7m

Bguv4qQCYAAjly-.jpg

Not a red shirt in sight. Who are the "peaceful protester" forum apologists going to blame now?

There you go again, eh., the greatest apologist of all..! Not a red shirt in sight ... what about the pollice? ... they are red to the core, and they are the ones who have kicked this off.

All the reports are saying that masses of the supporters have been sitting on the ground offering no opposition. When Chalerm decides to give the order, after conveniently telling us all that he is not going to be in the thick of it, then this is what we can expect...!

He, and her ladyship, shall reap what they sow...!

Maybe he reports you have read but the reports I have read and news bulletins I have seen such as CNN in the U.S and the ABC in Aust say that the demonstrators opened fire on the police 1st. I have previously posted links so don't ask me to do again.

More and more crimes committed by the yellows are exposed... ph34r.png

Is that a policeman? I'm just wondering why there are no police around him.

If the protestors are peacefull then there would be no need for uniforms and riot gear so I would say the injured guy is a cop and so is the one kneeling beside him. Then again you may be right and they are protestors who have come dressed for a <deleted> fight.
The injured is a police officer.

It has been reported by the police already.

Another disturbing picture is this picture of protesters apparently dressing up like riot police...

But the trick is revealed because the fake police have the wrong shoes laugh.png

I'm very interested in this info. Are you able to provide more info for this group of riot police really the protesters in disguise?

Not other people in disguise or in fact they are the real police.

We will show this truth to the rest of the world. Thanks

first the politicians suck out the country,

When they are caught ,they escape and regain power with the stolen money(votes

are bought)Then they start looting again.

If the people protest.....shoot at them and chase them away.

The shooting is not done by politicians sons ,no, for that the politicians force the small people sons to shoot at their own kind.

And we discuss this ?coffee1.gif

Now it seems like you are being disengenous, unless you missed my post in another thread, but if you did then I wonder why now you admit the (unfortunately deleted) source when you didn't before.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/705278-thai-policeman-shot-dead-in-protest-clashes-in-bangkok/?p=7455118

1. The police must kill the protesters that fire weapons at them, they are justified in shooting back with live Ammo.

2. Once they arrest these 'protesters' most of whom are PAID to protest, and most of whom are armed with weapons, they must keep them in detention so they don't come back and cause more mayham.

Based on 2010, the authorities aren't justified in using guns regardless of what the protesters are using.

You can't get your head out of your 2010, wake up this is 2014, those unarmed protesters just killed a policeman and wounded others!

It is a policeman they were fired on by protesters when they went up to take over the site they retreated under live gun fire and explosions to regroup! One policeman dead,

The police managed to arrest PDRC leader Somkiat Pongpaibul, but he was freed by 3 unknown men, after a bit of gunfire and a explosion.

Thailand anti-government protest co-leader Somkiat Pongpaibul of the People’s Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) was set free by “unknown men” minutes after being arrested by police as they retook a rally site in Bangkok on Tuesday morning .... He said some 15 minutes later three men whom he did not know freed him from the paddy wagon at the same time as the sounds of gunshots and explosions rang out.

Jeez.

Mods deleted the photo I posted, from a PDRC supporters now deleted Facebook picture, of a group of young men with insignias and bandana and flags next to the democracy monument. This group is likely the group of fake police with the wrong shoes (trainers not boots) that have been seen around. I'll find a forum where these photos can be shared since this group will be key over the next days and identifying them is key.

The facebook page that the photo actually appears in is https://www.facebook.com/AnonymousArmy which could well be sympathetic towards the PDRC, I don't know.

My post here from the other thread here- http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/705278-thai-policeman-shot-dead-in-protest-clashes-in-bangkok/?p=7455118

I imagine, given the age of the image, your post was deleted under the 'spreading rumour' rule.

Edited by Slip

I'm not bloodthirsty, I'm being realiastic, when you shoot at the police they kill you, their rules are to kill people that shoot at them, you think its ok for 'protesters' to shoot at the police from behind unarmed protesters-thats what i call cowardly and bloodthirsty.

1. The police must kill the protesters that fire weapons at them, they are justified in shooting back with live Ammo.

2. Once they arrest these 'protesters' most of whom are PAID to protest, and many of whom are armed with weapons, they must keep them in detention so they don't come back and cause more mayham. It's an outrage that they are then released on 'bail' the state of emergency is supposed to allow the police to restore order and detain mercenaries.

You're a bloodthirsty little animal aren't you? Not happy till you see dead people on the ground eh? bah.gif.pagespeed.ce.-cCHYEZ1Lo.gif alt=bah.gif width=19 height=19>

Could you please clarify the source you have for the police's rules of engagement?

I would imagine, only guessing here, that it would be more along the lines of minimum necessary force than a shoot to kill policy.

As an aside, I would also like to know what ammunition was in the shotguns that were discharged by the police, whether anyone has been admitted to the medical centres with shotgun wounds or were they firing plastic/rubber rounds or beanbag/sandbags.

I do not support any side in this mess, but the warnings have been in the air for the past week or so, and if the protesters have been warned to clear the area and haven't done so, then they have themselves to blame. The police and caretaker government have left them relatively alone until now, we shouldn't call foul when they eventually get round to ending the disruption.

I think you misunderstand him (or her). Yes, police are typically trained to use the minimum force necessary to take control of a situation. But when they are fired upon, they are typical authorised to use lethal force to protect themselves and the lives of other people. None of that shooting the bad guys 'in the gun hand' or in the leg to incapacitate... that only happens in movies. [it gets worse: just this past December in LA an unarmed schizophrenic man was shot 10+ times by police officers after a lengthy televised car chase].

The blood and shame will forever remain on the face of Yingluk Shinawatra. .

Not Suthep then? This is exactly what he's been angling for since the first day. He must be happy. YL did everything that was asked of her by Suthep, did she not? He demanded the goverbment step down, she did only for Suthep to say "I don't accpet this" Demanded a new vote then "I don't accpet this" He's the person responsible. YL's problem is not herself - well in a way it is as it's her brother who's pulling her strings. Suthep has NOTHING to offer. Nothing. Democratically unelected people's council? kind of a paradox

More and more crimes committed by the yellows are exposed... ph34r.png

Is that a policeman? I'm just wondering why there are no police around him.

If the protestors are peacefull then there would be no need for uniforms and riot gear so I would say the injured guy is a cop and so is the one kneeling beside him. Then again you may be right and they are protestors who have come dressed for a <deleted> fight.
The injured is a police officer.

It has been reported by the police already.

Another disturbing picture is this picture of protesters apparently dressing up like riot police...

But the trick is revealed because the fake police have the wrong shoes laugh.png

I'm very interested in this info. Are you able to provide more info for this group of riot police really the protesters in disguise?

Not other people in disguise or in fact they are the real police.

We will show this truth to the rest of the world. Thanks

They have the same yellow IFF markers as the police. They're probably just dragged in from upcountry somewhere.

Check out @bkkbase's Tweet: https://twitter.com/bkkbase/status/435723101372833792

Hopefully the protesters are correctly armed and didn't bring knives to a gun fight.

Judging by the carnage, your wish seems to be true. You're one sick puppy

Just watching the Australian news ABC and they showed police down on their knees under their shields as missiles came down. They also showed police being rushed into ambulances.

The yellow shirts don't appear to be very peaceful.

" At Chaengwattana site, the police moved in with teargas firing, protesters sat down and prayed with no resistance. At Pan Fah bridge, police form the Second Region Provincial Police were seen firing at protesters with shotguns. Many protesters were injured and several ambulances were seen moving into the area to take the injured to hospitals. "

This ugly, ugly administration is now showing it and Thakin's true colours. Protesters that were sitting and praying have had canisters of tear-gas thrown at them, and other protesters have been shot at by police, as reporters are now witnessing.

Chalerm was obviously very upset yesterday. He was humiliated. What we are seeing now is the true face of Chalerm in action - pitting Thai people against Thai people. He is a coward, and a bully. And he has perpetrated a great sin today. These images are being broadcast all around the world. They are not subject to the Yingluck administration's spin. They show a savage, savage administration, that has over-reached in their response alarmingly. The army is watching, and one's guess is that they will not be able to tolerate this much longer. This administration is out of control, and is at war with its own people.

Not according to the news I've been listening to, BBC, AJ, ABC, or are they as bias as hmmm what's your fav channel, blue sky???

I haven't heard them saying that the protesters were sitting and praying, but what I did see was protesters throwing glass bottle's, rocks, chairs, anything they can pick up, and now shooting and throwing bombs, HARDLY THE STUFF OF "PEACFUL PROTESTERS" HUH???

and er' you really should have a think at what you spew, IT'S THE POLICE GETTING SHOT, so who do you think might be doing that huh??? the vile mongrel's that do all this killing should be dealt with as quickly as possible

Actually, two civilians have also been killed today.

PTP, who you apparently support by all means, has lost. YL and PTP could have exited the stage gracefully, but they have decided to launch a wave of violence and mayhem instead. Everything is collapsing around PTP's ears, and I guess they just decided to take as much down with them as possible.

Why would you say that PTP has lost. When this started,they took the middle ground and called for fresh elections. Its the opposition that has taken this course of action for fear of losing again and again and again. Historically every cause that is championed by the majority of the people have always ended with victory. Same would be the case for the PTP. Suthep and his band of idiots, will lose sooner or later. You can call the Shin clan whatever you want, but as long as they have the backing of the majority, they will always be around. This is a fact. The sooner you face this and get on with life the better.

I am just glad that Chalerm did not resort to tactics employed by the "Butchers of Ratchaprasong" (Bloodbath Vejjajiva and MadDog Thaugsuban), or else Mr. Suthep would have already been given the Seh Daeng treatment and many more protesters would have lost their lives. All this shows is the restraint being shown by the current government.

I hope for this to end with dialogue and no more loss of life, but given the unreasonable attitude shown by the MadDog I fear this will not happen.

At this moment PTP doesn't have a majority in Thailand. There are so many furious people even in the North! Right now it is so obvious that they raped Thailand financially in a big way. Are you following the news? Do you understand what is happening? I bet the PM will exit the country same as her brother!

Edited by Thunder26

This smells like 2010 just with the tables turned.

With Abhisit and Suthep facing murder charges, I wish to know when Chalerm and Yingluck get an invitation to hear their charges...

No comparison. In this situation, the PM and her cabinet are still in control. There is no military involvement in respect to the enforcement of civil order. In this case, it is still a civilian operation. In 2010, Abhisit was basically pushed aside as he was dithering, and the military and its key allies in the Democrat dominated cabinet took over. The low number of casualties arising from the current operation is due to a civilian agency dealing with a civil disorder. The large number of casualties and collateral damage in 2010 was attributable to the royal guard units operating as if they were in a war zone.

Whatever one thinks of the police or the current government, the patience and low casualty count demonstrates that civilian public security agencies are better able to respond to civilian based disorder. The Thai military has repeatedly shown that it is incapable of handling civilian related issues, whether it is the Rohingya refugees, the smugglers on the borders and even the southern insurrection.

How can you say that when the international community has said she has shown enormous restraint and tolerance in these demonstrations. I agree Yingluk and her government have some questions to answer in relation to government policies but blood after showing such a non violent and softly, softly tolerant approach?

There always comes a time for any government anywhere in the world that you have to end kaos when the country is suffering on all levels.

In the 2016 demonstrations people will not be able to say that the 2014 government were intolerant or used excessive force like in history. Yingluk will go down in Thai History as one of the most if not the most tolerant and peaceful governments in Thai history.

She will go down as one of the most corrupt government in Thai history!

READ THIS

Chalerm reiterated that the CMPO would abide by Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra’s demand that it refrain from using force in its mission. He also expressed his confidence that the continued operation would be successful and without violent incident

BUT

At Pan Fah Bridge, police from the Second Region Provincial Police were seen firing at protesters with shotguns. Many protesters were injured and several ambulances were seen moving into the area to take the injured to hospitals.

CONCLUSION

The caretaker Prime ministers words have no value or power in the existing government, which means that there is no control in this government.

• Like 2

At this moment PTP doesn't have a majority in Thailand. There are so many furious people even in the North! Right now it is so obvious that they raped Thailand financially in a big way. Are you following the news? Do you understand what is happening? I bet the PM will exit the country same as her brother!

I bet that if the anti democracy PDRC and its supporters including the ex-PADs, narco terrorists,palm oil speculators, illegal land developers, southern insurgents , family oligarchies etc. were not to disrupt an election, the PTP would win again.

The only way to know is to have an election, isn't it? Unfortunately, the PDRC and Democrats know they can't win one, so they will do their utmost to stop an election.

• Like 1

How can you say that when the international community has said she has shown enormous restraint and tolerance in these demonstrations. I agree Yingluk and her government have some questions to answer in relation to government policies but blood after showing such a non violent and softly, softly tolerant approach?

There always comes a time for any government anywhere in the world that you have to end kaos when the country is suffering on all levels.

In the 2016 demonstrations people will not be able to say that the 2014 government were intolerant or used excessive force like in history. Yingluk will go down in Thai History as one of the most if not the most tolerant and peaceful governments in Thai history.

She will go down as one of the most corrupt government in Thai history!

Well I can't comment on that as yet . May well be a possibility if she faces court but I'm looking at her actions of today in this current crisis.

Not disputing you my friend.

No matter how it gets spun by either sides supporters today is another sad day to be entered in Thailand's history books.

I could like some TV posters use this as an excuse to vent my opinion of who is wrong and right but I think this would be selfish.

Some of the posts I have read today are nothing more than biased opinion being foisted on other readers, in some cases I am disgusted.

I would just like to say how sorry I am for the family's who have lost there parents, children or relatives on this day in this Country that I

love so much.sad.png

For those who have died please rest in peace and God or Buddha bless.

• Like 2

READ THIS

Chalerm reiterated that the CMPO would abide by Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra’s demand that it refrain from using force in its mission. He also expressed his confidence that the continued operation would be successful and without violent incident

BUT

At Pan Fah Bridge, police from the Second Region Provincial Police were seen firing at protesters with shotguns. Many protesters were injured and several ambulances were seen moving into the area to take the injured to hospitals.

CONCLUSION

The caretaker Prime ministers words have no value or power in the existing government, which means that there is no control in this government.

The shotguns were tear gas delivery devices. When police officers were assaulted, reasonable measures were used to defend themselves.

There is no inconsistency. The policy approached the squatter camp in the same manner as they did the other squatter camps. The squatters launched a barrage of deadly objects such as bottles and rocks. Then some squatters discharged firearms at the law enforcement personnel. The police did not go in with guns blazing. Nor did they use APC or tanks to roll over barricades or fire hoses to flatten the squatters as the army did on 2010.

• Like 1