This half Thai / English needs desperate help - please - share and tell people about this

Blackandwhite

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any news about that testing at same time to complete other blood tests ?

If I also understand correctly....you HAVE to donate blood...not just get a test, is that correct ?

First question, nope, not possible.

Second question: they may ask you for a unit, but do not require it. The Thai Red Cross uses a 20ml draw for HLA matching.

Below is something Tia's father wrote today, for those of you who are following the story:
Not sure how to write this post. But I will try.

We have been to Heartlands Hospital as the doctor wanted to see Tia's spots. When we showed him his face dropped and he's now worried about her. They carried out swab tests to see if it's the bacteria infection. The swabs were taken from her nose and the spot on her buttock. The one on her buttock actually burst in front of him as we took her nappy off.

The doctor explained to us that she is already on the only medication and it doesn't seem to be working now. He did mention there's an injection which is available but far too dangerous for Tia because of her immune system.

Because she has a bacteria infection called microbacterium melmoense which is hard to kill and rare it makes it even more difficult for her to have a successful transplant and it is the only cure of which we need to find a perfect match for Tia for it to work.But they need to kill the infection first to do the transplant and it will fix her immune system. Which leaves us stuck in a vicious loop. I hope you understand this part.

A dermatologist visited us with the immunologist at the same time. The dermatologist said that the microbacterium melmoense will not go unless her immune system is fixed and the immunologist said the stat1 deficiency,which it's not this now but worse as it has no name so even more rare. Cannot be fixed unless Tia is completely well and don't have melmoense. We both feel upset about the news.

As a family we do not know what our future is with no plans and it's only in the doctors hands now. We feel as if our lives are on hold and get upset easy when we are let down. We love promises but we don't have many. Once we have been to Newcastle we will be looking into taking Tia on a holiday so we can try and have a good time as we never know what is around the corner and at least we will have something to look forward to.

Tia was weighed today and she is still only 9.7 kilos.

post-160749-0-04671000-1394526576_thumb.

post-160749-0-98408300-1394526592_thumb.

The latest news from Tia's father is heart-breaking. Fingers crossed that some miracle can happen. But it should not stop anyone from registering as a stem cell donor. My offer still stands - anyone along the Eastern Seaboard who wants to go to Bkk to register can contact me and I will happily drive them up there. Any day except Friday and Sunday.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...