Do you know how to lose weight and be healthy in Thailand?

thailampang2012

Because it's irrelevant to the topic and no one cares?

Because I was talking referring to the DIET that lead to surgery which was wrong, the DIET, remember the topic?

I'm not playing your diversionary game anymore.

Being proven wrong on an internet forum is not the worse thing in the world, trust me on that.

Readers can read the exchange themselves and make their own conclusions about how this got introduced to this topic and they can also decide whether lipo is the same thing as surgery for loose skin, or not. Hint: NOT.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why are you trying desperately to make me talk about something off topic?

I cannot say it better

This topic is about losing weight.

This topic is not about surgery.

If you so badly need to talk about surgery, I suggest you open a new topic.

But I am sorry I won't participate

Surgery does not interest me.

Sorry.

Apology accepted.

You, BTW, introduced this question to the topic here:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/706635-do-you-know-how-to-lose-weight-and-be-healthy-in-thailand/?p=7812820

liposuction is for people who lost weight too fast on a wrong diet that left them with extra skin and cellulite.

If they are stupid enough to hurt their own body that way, they can pay for surgery.

I just corrected this to inform people that lipo and fixing loose skin after major weight loss are entirely different medical procedures.

It's time to move on from this, OK? Is that good for you too?

Edited by Jingthing

move on from another one of your lies?

Here is the proof I did not introduce it

A member called "PAPA AL" did

Now can we get back on topic????

papa al, on 04 May 2014 - 20:09, said:snapback.png

Sheryl, on 24 Feb 2014 - 16:36, said:snapback.png

Mangosteens are very healthy and indeed contain antioxidants but they will not cause you to lose weight.

Nothing other than consuming fewer calories than you burn will do that, and the easiest way to achieve that, is a combination of caloric restriction and exercise. Exercise not only increases what you burn, it also forces your body to burn fat making it in turn easier to stick to one's diet, whatever that may consist of, without strong cravings or hunger pains.

???

What about liposuction?

Edited by Kitsune

Besides the drinking of alcohol.. Its easier to eat healthy in thailand then back in the west. Fresh food is easily availible and fast food is not your only option like it is sometimes back home.

Sent from my c64

Besides the drinking of alcohol.. Its easier to eat healthy in thailand then back in the west. Fresh food is easily availible and fast food is not your only option like it is sometimes back home.

Sent from my c64

No. And Thai food isn't particularly healthy. Search for previous discussions.

Countless options besides fast food at home. Most of the fast food restos offer some healthy choices, too--you just have to order them. To pick the most prominent forum hot button: http://www.mcdonalds.com/us/en/food/full_menu/salads.html

Thai food can be healthy or unhealthy depending in how it is made (and type of rice eaten with it). There is a trend now among urban intellectuals towards brown and red rice, and fresh or steamed veggies with traditional dips, but it has yet to spread into the general population and in fact the trend among the masses is towards more and more "junk" food. I have noticed that more and more of what is sold in markets now comes under that heading (and more and more obese Thais as a result). . And most of the standard Thai dishes can be prepared at home i n a healthy manner, with fresh ingrediants, no added MSG or sugar, healthy oils used and eaten with brown rice.

The problem is that many TV members rely on pre-cooked foods obtained at the market, or restaurant eating and that indeed is usually pretty unhealthy.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Yes I do. Eat Thai food like Thais do (lots of veggies, fruits, and limited meats, dairy, fat) and exercise. I dropped from 198 lbs to 185 lbs in the first year that I lived here.

Edited by connda

Yes I do. Eat Thai food like Thais do (lots of veggies, fruits, and limited meats, dairy, fat) and exercise. I dropped from 198 lbs to 185 lbs in the first year that I lived here.

Like Thais do????

lot of fat, lot of white rice, lot of sugar....some eat lots of veggies and fruits others don't.

• Like 1

Thais are doing the same mistakes we did 40 years ago : given up fruits & veggies and replacing them by meat, dairy, fat and sugar.

And they are getting fat and sick just like we did

Edited by Kitsune

Apology accepted.

You, BTW, introduced this question to the topic here:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/706635-do-you-know-how-to-lose-weight-and-be-healthy-in-thailand/?p=7812820

liposuction is for people who lost weight too fast on a wrong diet that left them with extra skin and cellulite.

If they are stupid enough to hurt their own body that way, they can pay for surgery.

I just corrected this to inform people that lipo and fixing loose skin after major weight loss are entirely different medical procedures.

It's time to move on from this, OK? Is that good for you too?

DONT HAVE A HISSY FIT

Thais are doing the same mistakes we did 40 years ago : given up fruits & veggies and replacing them by meat, dairy, fat and sugar.

And they are getting fat and sick just like we did

We could discuss on the meat and dairy, but fully agree on the fat and sugar.

Just to add: they use the cheapest oldest fat you can imagine.

They love empty calorie fast food which contains way more fat and sugar than necessary.

The big difference to the west: In the west people eat it and know they do something wrong. In Thailand they eat it and think that is smart as it is expensive and western.