Voice TV agrees to apologise to Buddha Issara and farmers

Lite Beer

Voice TV agrees to apologise Buddha Issara and farmers

voice-tv-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The pro-government Voice TV has offered an apology to Phra Buddha Issara of the People’s Democratic Reform Committee for implying the protesting farmers as fake farmers and accusing the senior monk of blackmailing.

The monk led a group of protesters to lay siege to the television station since this morning (Monday) and threatened to camp out in front of the station unless those in charge of the alleged false report made an apology and allowed the protesting farmers’ representative to speak on the television live.

Mr Prateep Kongsit, Voice TV’s news director, agreed to offer an apology to both the monk and the farmers but bargained that the farmers’ defence that they are real farmers would be taped and aired later on.

But Buddha Issara insisted that the farmers be allowed to speak on TV live, prompting Mr Prateep to return to consult his boss.

Later on, Mr Prateep returned to see the monk with a cameraman to broadcast live the session with the farmers.

The protesters eventually lifted the siege and returned to their protest site.
Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/voice-tv-agrees-apologise-buddha-issara-farmers/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-02-24

• Like 2

<deleted>. Stop being so crass, all of you, and see this for what it is: a small but positive step. There will need to be many more such steps on all side (and far fewer unnecessary smartass comments) if there's to be any chance of pulling Thailand back from the brink.

You don't think this kind of behavior is indicative of a country that has already gone over the brink?

• Like 1

A fitting and just apology from Thaksin's family television network. Now, if only we can get an apology from the administration official for the " fake farmers " comment. He's the one who started it.

Edited by Scamper

Is there any way we can read any posts now without it all degenerating into "You're thugs and fascists", "No YOU'RE thugs and fascists", ad nauseam?

Try the Pets forum? :)

I like it!.....but never underestimate angry farang syndrome....it can strike in the most unexpected places. Quite possibly the pets forum too!.

Sent from my GT-S7562 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

A fitting and just apology from Thaksin's family television network. Now, if only we can get an apology from the cabinet minister for the " fake farmers " comment. He's the one who started it.

Would that be the intoxicated one? Hes not normally available at this time of the day due to excess ear medicine.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Voice TV have apologized to the majority and murder charges have been filed by farmers against yingluck, chalerm, tarit and adul.

I don't agree with charges being laid against leaders for murder, but the PTP set the precedent. What can you do.

What a great day. Dreams do come true.

• Like 2

DREAMS come true? This was only a dream? It was a certainty for many. OF COURSE they will charge those people with murder-

AND - I am CONFIDENT- they will find them guilty- and it won't drag on for five years either. OK- the verdict might already have been decided- even before anybody died- but for appearances sake- expect a token courtcase with pretended due consideration of facts- but these charges will stick. I have no doubt at all.

And that's no dream.

TV Reds............... will you still be here when propaganda money runs out like it has done to the rice scheme or will you start demanding payment tru this media ?

Heh, heh, heh. Maybe it explains why so many of the newbie Reds seem to have already departed. Where are you, JackRich?

• Like 1

TV Reds............... will you still be here when propaganda money runs out like it has done to the rice scheme or will you start demanding payment tru this media ?

Do you understand why some question the level of intelligence and education of some of the anti-gov't posters? For people supporting a movement that wants enhanced and purified democracy- you do your side no favors with snippy little girl comments like this.

Maybe if you were to add a good ol' hillbilly guffaw-- some credibility might be rescued.

Don't understand a word you'r saying, lean real English (or even American English) before commenting.

democracy at work and it didn't need Yingluk's involvement.

Exactly- the way to get an objective media (one that broadcasts my point of view) is terrify the bejeebers out of the little buggers. THEN we'll get the objectivity on which democracy depends.

Oh what lovely precedents are being set for the future-- IT will be interesting though- when 100 camp-outers of one stripe are demanding that their voice be heard- while another 100 of another stripe ared demanding the opposite.

But - that's democracy- hit each other on the head with big sticks- leave the ground soaked in blood- and the truth will out.

ggold- I sincerely hope you don't have the rights of citizen ship in a modern western democracy. For your sake- people might not understand your take on reasoned debate.

I do have citizenship of a modern western democracy. Thanks.

Voice TV have apologized to the majority and murder charges have been filed by farmers against yingluck, chalerm, tarit and adul.

I don't agree with charges being laid against leaders for murder, but the PTP set the precedent. What can you do.

What a great day. Dreams do come true.

Yuup!

Do you understand why some question the level of intelligence and education of some of the anti-gov't posters? For people supporting a movement that wants enhanced and purified democracy- you do your side no favors with snippy little girl comments like this.

Maybe if you were to add a good ol' hillbilly guffaw-- some credibility might be rescued.

Don't understand a word you'r saying, lean real English (or even American English) before commenting.

American English says 'you'r' (for you're) and 'lean' for, I assume 'learn'? Hmm--- yes, I can see why debating the role of the public in holding the press toes to the fires of objective truth might be problematic for you. .

• Like 2

You know, our neighbour has just returned from the farmers protests, she had to return because she got a bit sick.

She was paid 300 bht per day and the funny thing is, there is no (or very little) rice grown in our area of Kanchanaburi! we all grow suger cane, baby corn or casadera. So fake farmers it is! many many of these "rice farmers" are not rice farmers at all, just some villagers cashing in on "Buddha" Issara's offer of 300 bht a day clap2.gif

Edited by Boxclever
  • Like 2

American English says 'you'r' (for you're) and 'lean' for, I assume 'learn'? Hmm--- yes, I can see why debating the role of the public in holding the press toes to the fires of objective truth might be problematic for you. .

Not really and you'r still not making any sense "the press toes...................you" <deleted> does that mean ? Come on you made this up all by yourself? " the fires of objective truth" it's a quote from a communist manifest is it not? Hard to think for oneself if the rhetoric speeches of the big Red leader are embedded into the brain to such a point where the thought of free speech is merely an illusion.

And yes I did make this up myself. Now I'm sure you will ponder and give me an appropriate replay but I won't be reading it, bed time is more important than your rambling. Good night.

You know, our neighbour has just returned from the farmers protests, she had to return because she got a bit sick.

She was paid 300 bht per day and the funny thing is, there is no (or very little) rice grown in our area of Kanchanaburi! we all grow suger cane, baby corn or casadera. So fake farmers it is! many many of these "rice farmers" are not rice farmers at all, just some villagers cashing in on "Buddha" Issara's offer of 300 bht a day clap2.gif

So the Shinawatra news station lied then when they admiited to telling a lie.

• Like 2