Thai Democrat Party office attacked again by bomb

webfact

Democrat party office attacked again by bomb

2-25-2014-10-43-00-AM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The office of the opposition Democrat party on Kamphaengpet road was attacked again when a M 79 grenade was fired into the office but missed and hit a neighbor’s townhouse instead.

The grenade landed at a townhouse of a neighbour on Soi Setsiri 2 off Kamphaengpet road, causing damages to the house and two cars parking nearby.

The bomb attack happened at about 7.35 p.m. last night.

Bang Sue and Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) police arrived at the scene last night and discovered that it was a M 79 grenade attack.

EOD police believed that the grenade was fired into the Democrat party office from the nearby rail line area but missed the target and hit the townhouse owned by Dr Korakit Chaijenkit, a doctor at Mahidol university instead. Nobody was hurt but glass window and wood window frame and two cars parked at the house were damaged.

Police were checking CCTV cameras at the nearby Samsen railway station and at the area to look for the perpetrators.

The party office was earlier on January 13 this year came under gun attack causing damage to a coffee house in front of its office. In 2010, the office also was attacked with M 79 grenade in 2010, wounding two police guards at the office.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/democrat-party-office-attacked-bomb/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-02-25

I can understand the police would not want to interfere with the bombings of anti-government political headquarters, but you'd think there would be some pressure to investigate when so many are being affected by collateral damage from the PTP gorilla war against their political opponents.

Edited by zaphodbeeblebrox

Attacked again. The police are really earning their money here aren't they? clap2.gif

Would you work for their wages?.whistling.gif

The Army do. The teachers do. The nurses do. Why not the police?

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Well, with the exception of the army, teachers and nurses are not normally working in harms way. That is not to condone the low wages many Thais receive. But then, you get what you pay for.

Removes all the doubt as to who is doing it. Along with why no police nor involvement; nor investigation and leads along with follow ups. They could make it easier and just admit to it directly.

No it certainly doesn't.

No controversy- just stating the obvious- even to those catatonic who could deduct this; unless 2+2 = 5 to you.

I can understand the police would not want to interfere with the bombings of anti-government political headquarters, but you'd think there would be some pressure to investigate when so many are being affected by collateral damage from the PTP gorilla war against their political opponents.

WOW has it come to this ?facepalm.gif

Do you mean guerrilla ?giggle.gif

Edited by Asiantravel

obviously the work of a professional but his aim was slighly off as he missed the tree he was aiming for that would have deflected the grenade into the fence post then onto the gutter that would have made it land in front of the dems officeto cause the damageblink.png

Edited by seajae

Removes all the doubt as to who is doing it. Along with why no police nor involvement; nor investigation and leads along with follow ups. They could make it easier and just admit to it directly.

No it certainly doesn't.

No controversy- just stating the obvious- even to those catatonic who could deduct this; unless 2+2 = 5 to you.

I don't degenerate myself to petty personal put downs, I leave that hi-brow style to others that know the answer to that timeless question of what 2+2=....?

Why no police involvemnent? please truly ask yourself that question honestly!

If you actually do know a genuinely plausible reason for that, come back with your counter-argument, if not, let's still see what you've got to say for all the world to look at.

I await your response, I do enjoy a well informed debate.

Attacked again. The police are really earning their money here aren't they? clap2.gif

Well, with the exception of the army, teachers and nurses are not normally working in harms way. That is not to condone the low wages many Thais receive. But then, you get what you pay for.

True. But then again IF you want to stay out of harms way you SHOULDN'T become a police office!

In 2010 anything that happened was the red shirts/MIB, in 2014 anything that happens is the red shirts/MIB

Gather 'round people
Wherever you roam
And admit that the waters
Around you have grown

And accept it that soon
You'll be drenched to the bone
If your time to you
Is worth savin'

Then you better start swimmin'
Or you'll sink like a stone
For the times they are a-changin'...........................

In 2010 anything that happened was the red shirts/MIB, in 2014 anything that happens is the red shirts/MIB

Gather 'round people

Wherever you roam

Around you have grown

And accept it that soon

If your time to you

Is worth savin'

That's a prodigious debate you've got going there; some Bob Dylan lyrics unrelated to problems in the big mango that haven't changed.

Since you're a newbie from the 28th of Jan., I'll cut you some slack on the gullible whitewashing attempt as well.

The transparency of this is yet again apparent. The attacks have essentially targeted three general areas - the protesters and protest sites, the Democratic party and Democratic leaders, and the Civil Court. The independent agencies and the judicial system have also come under verbal attack. So there is not much mystery as to what the motives of the perpetrators are. The motives of the police and CMPO are also clear by their inaction. And the motives of the Yingluck administration and the UDD are clear in their ongoing propaganda war with the EC, the NACC, and the Constitutional Court. For the courts and the independent agencies to be effective in upholding the constitution, they must have the full protection of the current administration. They lack that with this current administration. But on March 5, when Yingluck is constitutionally obligated to step down in lieu of a parliamentary quorum, the constitution, the courts, and the independent agencies will point the way forward, as they were designed to do.

• Like 1

I think they get far more than they pay for with the medical staff.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

No it certainly doesn't.

I don't degenerate myself to petty personal put downs, I leave that hi-brow style to others that know the answer to that timeless question of what 2+2=....?

If you actually do know a genuinely plausible reason for that, come back with your counter-argument, if not, let's still see what you've got to say for all the world to look at.

Let me spell it out for you. There was a bomb thrown at Democrat party headquarters. It was therefore almost certainly done by people who oppose the Democrats, i.e. PTP/Red-Shirt sympathizers. The police did not get involved because they are in the pockets of the PTP government.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Gather 'round people
Wherever you roam
Around you have grown

And accept it that soon
If your time to you
Is worth savin'

Yes, you are correct. The Red Shirts are violent people when things do not go their way. Many of their leaders like to incite their followers to violent acts (such as burning down Bangkok).

As pointed out it is very clear whose behind it, I think the owners of the damaged property should sue the the PTP for substantial damages, my bet is the PTP would like to settle out of court.

Let me spell it out for you. There was a bomb thrown at Democrat party headquarters. It was therefore almost certainly done by people who oppose the Democrats, i.e. PTP/Red-Shirt sympathizers. The police did not get involved because they are in the pockets of the PTP government.

It's not as if the Red Shirts don't have a track record of doing this sort of thing:

Three jailed for 2010 attack on Bhum Jai Thai office
Kesinee Taengkhiao

The Nation September 16, 2013 3:56 pm

The Criminal Court on Monday jailed three members of the redshirt political movement for six years and eight months for bombing the Bhum Jai Thai Party headquarters in Bangkok's Chatuchak district in June 2010.

Detpol Phuttachong, Kampol Kamkong and Kobchai Bunplod were sentenced to 10 years for producing explosive devices, possessing explosives, carrying them to a public place without permission and carrying out the bomb attack. The court reduced the terms to six years and eight months on grounds that they provided testimony useful to the trial.

The court said the three men conspired with Anek Singkuntod to push a fruit cart concealing a homemade bomb, which was made from a gas tank, to the back of the Bhum Jai Thai Party's building near Paholyothin Soi 43.

No it certainly doesn't.

No, you are saying all doubt has been removed as to who's doing this. That's not true.

Gather 'round people

Wherever you roam

Around you have grown

And accept it that soon

If your time to you

Is worth savin'

That's a prodigious debate you've got going there; some Bob Dylan lyrics unrelated to problems in the big mango that haven't changed.

Since you're a newbie from the 28th of Jan., I'll cut you some slack on the gullible whitewashing attempt as well.

Yeah, the relation is that there's no change in people's mentality

*Swoosh