Can I Get A New 1 Visa Multiple Entry B?

I am planning to start a small business with my thai girlfriend. In that respect I would like to go to Penang in order to get a 1 year Non-B visa multiple entry.

I am not going to work in thailand or receie any paymetns from the company as such but will use my connections outside thailand to gain new business.

I am 32 years and citizen from denmark with denmark passport.

1) Wil I likely get a 1 year multiple entry B-visa or not?

2) Can I get a 1 year multiple entry B-visa even without having a company ? If so, how should I do so?

1) Wil I likely get a 1 year multiple entry B-visa or not?

2) Can I get a 1 year multiple entry B-visa even without having a company ? If so, how should I do so?

some have come back denied as 1 year non immigrant B visas aren't sold in penang as many think. there are requirements for a one year visa, indio siam can you shed some light...

When I got my Non-imm B I had to show:

Company formation documents outlining what the compnay did and that I was a director

Letter from the Thai bank that I had a Company account their and how much was in it at the signed date

Letter outlining what I wanted the visa for (sorry can't shed any light on what this said it was written by my lawyer and in Thai)

As you may have gathered I was already in Thailand when I started this process and although it is theoretically possible to achieve from here I would not recommend trying it. It is a very long and costly excercise, better to get the visa from a country outside Thailand. Mine took 4 hours in a Consulate.

:o

I'm not really that well-informed on visa standards outside Thailand - there are just too many issuing points, and they have much discretion.

Within ASEAN region, I believe it is frequent policy to only issue third-country nationals with single-entry, 90 day non-immigrant visas - under the (correct) concept that if you have a valid reason to get the visa, you will be able to extend it in-country, by showing correct evidence of qualification.

I know that most diplomatic posts will regularly issue a Class B visa upon receipt of an "employment letter" from a Thai-based employer - stating passport identifying details, job title, monthly salary, desired employment date, and duration of employment. So - if you want a Class B visa, get such a letter. Most places also want a copy of company's registration papers.

Now - you can get a letter without following-up by getting a job. As you attempt to repeat this process, and your passport fills up with Class B visas, without any indication of work permit issuance, you start having to tell good stories to get another visa.

Thailand does not want farangs here running a business (typically on-line), if you are not supporting the economy by more than personal spending - they want you to have employees, bank account, bookkeeper, landlord, and to be paying personal and corporate income taxes. So - they do have an ongoing (albeit uninspired) program to find and deport/blacklist people who insist on avoiding requirements. Realistically, the chances of being caught are quite low.

I'm happy to help folks start companies, and "get legal".

Good luck!

Steve

Indo-Siam

[email protected]

www.thaistartup.com

" Will I likely get a 1 year multiple entry B-visa or not?"

No in Penang. You’ll get a single entry b-visa. Sometimes however they give 6 months.

However, If you are married to a Thai, different story, one year multi entry is possible. Also if you have a work permit. You may also get a one year multi entry.

"2) Can I get a 1 year multiple entry B-visa even without having a company ? If so, how should I do so? "

From time to time, on limited occasions, if we feel you’re legitimate and sincere that you are interested in investing in Thailand (not necessary through us), we may sponsor you after discussing your intentions. With our financial paperwork, company paperwork and cover letter, you typically will get an non immigrant visa. Not a one year but a ninety day b-visa in Penang. Upon completion of the 90 days in Thailand, an extension of stay for a period of one year counting from the date of arrival in the Kingdom can be applied for at the Office of the Immigration Bureau. If we do sponsor you, you’ll need to have in Penang, a

-Visa application Form completely filled out

- Your passport with validity not less than 6 months and its copy

- Two 4x6 cm. full-faced, bareheaded photos taken within the past 6 months

- Financial evidence you have funds

- Letter of invitation from us together with a copy of our corporate documents comprising of 1) list of shareholders 2) business registration and business license 3) company profile 4) details of business operation 5) list of our foreign workers stating names, nationalities and positions 6) map indicating the location of our company 7) Balance sheet, statement of Income Tax and Business Tax (Por Ngor Dor 50 and Por Ngor Dor 30) of the latest year 8) Alien income tax return (Por Ngor Dor 91) and 9) Value-added tax registration (Por Ngor Dor 20), etc. ( Our copies of company documents must be signed by me and affixed the seal of the company.)

- Official marriage and birth certificates (In case you have family members)

- Finally the consular officers does reserve the right to ask for additional documents as deemed necessary.

Hope that helps.

www.sunbeltasia.com

• 5 weeks later...

Hi "Sunbelt" just wondering the following.

I have a company in Sweden, and we are selling sports accesories and equipment.

I have been in Thailand on holiday trips many times, gone past Chinatown, Pratunam and other business areas.

Now I want to come to Thailand and make business and sign contracts with some potensial business partners, not neccesarily with the contacts I have made allready on a lose base during my previous visits.

From what I understand, even thinking or signing any contracts is concidered as work accordinly to Thai law.

How do I apply for a "B" visa, when I do not yet know who I'm going to do business with?

I might in a 6-8 month period want to start up a company in Thailand.

Therefore, my intensions is not to "Invest" in Thailand initially, not to "work" but look for business partners/manufacturing companies and buy their good from the UK.

I will therefore not make any money in Thailand aka, no salary, and therefore in my opinion I will not need a work permit or do I?

Quoting your statement "Also if you have a work permit. You may also get a one year multi entry."

Question: How can I have a work permit without a "B"-visa, or can I obtain a non-immigrant 1 month "B" visa with a work permit, or how does it really work.

This gives me a small headache, there is too many different answers on this forum.

I'm at the moment in Singapore looking for potensial business partners here and heading to Thailand in a month or so, then traveling around Asia and visiting Thailand probably quite frequently.

So any help in this matter would be appriciated.

Thanks in advance to you all in this community that tries to help other less knowledgable people, because I have got alot of good information from this forum from other postings.

// K Sandare

How do I apply for a "B" visa, when I do not yet know who I'm going to do business with?

I might in a 6-8 month period want to start up a company in Thailand.

Therefore, my intensions is not to "Invest" in Thailand initially, not to "work" but look for business partners/manufacturing companies and buy their good from the UK.

I will therefore not make any money in Thailand aka, no salary, and therefore in my opinion I will not need a work permit or do I?

Hi

Please e-mail me at [email protected] Very high probability we can help you but need to ask some personal questions so will take it off-line.

Question: How can I have a work permit without a "B"-visa, or can I obtain a non-immigrant 1 month "B" visa with a work permit, or how does it really work.

This gives me a small headache, there is too many different answers on this forum.

You first get a single entry or multi entry "B" visa. After you get your work permit, if you have 4 Thai employees you can convert this to a one year visa.

The advantage of a 1 year “B” visa: no need to leave Thailand every 90 days. Can apply for a resident visa in three years.

Disadvantage: you must have 4 Thai employees.

Advantage of a 1 year multi entry: no Thai employees required and you only have to pay a minimum tax of 1,500 Baht per month if you get the minimum salary of 30,000 per month. Disadvantage: Visa runs every 90 days and you cannot apply for a resident visa in three years.

Understand the confusion as ask 10 lawyers and they'll say" I'm wrong." However we handle many cases every day just like this. Just a matter of knowing the current laws and that seems to be the reason for the different opinions. Example: The lawyer that insists you must have 4 Thai employees to get a work permit won't have his clients permit denied but neither will we, when our client has a company with two Thai employees. Last week had a case with 3 work permits with just two Thai employees and all three permits were approved. Another lawyer would say impossible. :-) But we do it and do it legally.

www.sunbeltasia.com