Thai PM summoned by anti-graft panel

webfact

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

" Under the NACC practice, if she does not come today, the NACC will send official notification to her again a week or two to acknowledge the charge. If she again refuses to come, then the NACC will officially indict her in the court of justice, and that her caretaker premier status will end.The entire acknowledgement process before the indictment takes about a month , a legal expert said. "

That's it in a nutshell. Yingluck only buys time by this show of contempt for the commission - a maximum of one month. But next Wednesday the administration will be stripped of it's caretaker status in line with Article 7, as the date for a convening of parliament will have passed. As all these constitutional precedents now collide, the administration finds itself already cornered into constitutional immobility.

I was thinking about the article 7 deadline as i have been reading this article. I see little significance to the country whether she shows up or not, she will be gone before she ever decides to attend.

She's doing a Suthep and going to ignore the charges.

Her lackeys are doing a PRDC and besieging the NACC offices.

Using the same tactics as the so called 'fascists', except they're supposed to be the 'legal' government! Same same but different! laugh.png

Besieging the NACC and the courts, do not fall under political demonstrations, because those offices are independent from the government, therefor the blocking is illegal, and the CAPO and it's drunk leader should get them out of there.

And calling someone a fascist is a racist remark, but yeah, just open another bottle, because we not take you serious anyhow.

" Under the NACC practice, if she does not come today, the NACC will send official notification to her again a week or two to acknowledge the charge. If she again refuses to come, then the NACC will officially indict her in the court of justice, and that her caretaker premier status will end.The entire acknowledgement process before the indictment takes about a month , a legal expert said. "

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif Dear NACC, your facility has been officially overtaken by the redshirt lunatic-fanatics since yesterday, do you have a deathwish???? cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

That article makes no sense as, they talk about "Corruption", the PDRC has been yelling Corruption but the NACC, only charge Yingluck with "Negligence".

Simple reason no Corruption could be found in Their investigation!

Cheers

As far as I know she's not accused of corruption herself (that may or may not come later) but negligence in her duty as corruption has occurred and she ignored warnings.

Need more details really.

Cowardly to the core, like the whole rotten, corrupt group of inbred mutants that is the Shinawatra family. GET OUT NOW and never come back. Go to your puppet master in Dubai and you can both rot there together.

Well concisely said. That is inevitably what will happen too; having done only bad, corrupt things. Better sooner than later.

Edited by gemini81

Using the same tactics as the so called 'fascists', except they're supposed to be the 'legal' government! Same same but different! laugh.png

Besieging the NACC and the courts, do not fall under political demonstrations, because those offices are independent from the government, therefor the blocking is illegal, and the CAPO and it's drunk leader should get them out of there.

And calling someone a fascist is a racist remark, but yeah, just open another bottle, because we not take you serious anyhow.

I'd never thought of it like that before and it's an interesting point although I can't say for sure if you're correct.

I'm pretty certain calling someone a fascist may be slanderous or libellous but isn't racist.

That article makes no sense as, they talk about "Corruption", the PDRC has been yelling Corruption but the NACC, only charge Yingluck with "Negligence".

Cheers

My guess would be that, they already have enough to charge he on negligence (although incompetence might be a better word), and that further charges of corruption will be laid out in the future, with a number of others also being named.

Therefore, this gives rise to what’s good for the Gander is also just as good for the Goose !!

True. Though the reds could have skipped the symbolic coffin burning of the NACC chair. Death threats have no place in demonstrations.

"ACC commissioner Vicha Mahakhun said earlier if she refused to come and acknowledge the charge by herself, she would lose the chance to copy details of the charge that could be useful for her to defend herself."

Defend herself? LMAO

I am sure that big brother has told her that under no circumstances should she try to speak for herself. He has probably told her to get up north, keep stuffing as much taxpayer money into Shinawatra offshore accounts as she possibly can, and then get ready to flee to Dubai before the irate villagers get too close with their burning torches and pitchforks.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

This is like throwing an innocent and inexperienced lamb into a pack of hungry wolves.

Nobody forced her to take the job.

Partly agree, but I'd imagine The Desert Coward and The Rottweiler were pretty persuasive.

• Like 1

"ACC commissioner Vicha Mahakhun said earlier if she refused to come and acknowledge the charge by herself, she would lose the chance to copy details of the charge that could be useful for her to defend herself."

Defend herself? LMAO

I am sure that big brother has told her that under no circumstances should she try to speak for herself. He has probably told her to get up north, keep stuffing as much taxpayer money into Shinawatra offshore accounts as she possibly can, and then get ready to flee to Dubai before the irate villagers get too close with their burning torches and pitchforks.

These charges are a mere inconvenience. The shit will hit the fan if she breaks her vow to pay the farmers this week. When that happens she's much safer in Chiang Mai with her red guards. Farmers not likely to march North as they will be met with violence. All the local farmers were paid off of course to protect the home base.

Meanwhile, the plan seems to be to involve the UN to try and keep their places at the table when they lose caretaker status.

Cheers

Oh kikoman, your self denial syndrome just gets more and more ridiculous as the days go by.

Let me get this straight - you are saying that they have looked and found no corruption in the rice scam. Do you really want us to take you seriously when you dish up this rubbish??

• Like 2

The World has just experienced the worst ever banking crisis which brought countries to their financial knees and saddled ordinary citizens with enormous debt

Warnings were given to heads of state, Presidents and Prime Ministers well in advance of the impending financial implosion but, as far as it can be evidenced, not one of them acted to avert the monetary disaster

How many of these all powerful men and women have been brought to book for 'negligence', stripped of their positions and banned from involvement in politics for several years?

If Yingluck is considered 'negligent' for her failure to heed warnings regarding abuses of the rice pledging scheme then most of the World's leaders are similarly culpable

That is why certain small players might be found guilty of financial corruption, the top of the pyramid is likely to remain unscathed

Yingluck will not be found guilty

No shocks there, has any rich powerful person in Thailand. Ever been accountable. Or punished?

Yes Thaksin was sentenced to 2 years in the dungeons! He escaped and went in exile, hoping he could buy/intimidate his way out of his situation.

So far: the more he digs, the deeper his hole.

The only rich and powerful person found and sentenced in the history of Thailand was TS, in a land where everyone is up to their neck in corruption. The second person likely to be found guilty is YS.

I have no doubt they are guilty, but the very fact that it will literally be only these 2 persons in a whole sea of corruption over the past 50 years shows how politicized and impartial these courts are. By all means she should be jailed (along with 100's of others), but you must have your head up your ass to honestly believe these are not politically motivated charges rather than deep desire to enforce the law by the courts.

The next two or so weeks could be very interesting...if she loses the Caretaker position, then what?

One still has an elected government even though in caretaker mode and Somchai may step up to the batting plate. Reds stay in power or inertia power... Sutheps peoples council will never see the light of day I doubt and he is due for a court appearance as well. Why hasn't the military intervened as yet? Hmm interesting answer anyone?

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Therefore, this gives rise to what’s good for the Gander is also just as good for the Goose !!

True. Though the reds could have skipped the symbolic coffin burning of the NACC chair. Death threats have no place in demonstrations.

Someone needs to convey this thought to Suthep... And their isn't one person on this forum who can say that he has not insinuated as such...waiting for a fly into the Venus mouth trap...

The only rich and powerful person found and sentenced in the history of Thailand was TS, in a land where everyone is up to their neck in corruption. The second person likely to be found guilty is YS.

I have no doubt they are guilty, but the very fact that it will literally be only these 2 persons in a whole sea of corruption over the past 50 years shows how politicized and impartial these courts are. By all means she should be jailed (along with 100's of others), but you must have your head up your ass to honestly believe these are not politically motivated charges rather than deep desire to enforce the law by the courts.

If you have no doubt that they are guilty, what does the motivation have to do with it? Should political criminals be given a free pass because their accusers are politicians?

If she had increased NACC funding by 60% rather than reducing it by that amount, there may be others facing similar charges right now. Of course, the NACC didn't need all that money because the amnesty would reduce their workload to near zero. STOP Corruption (Prosecution)!

Cheers

YET. Who said that investigation is complete and all outstanding charges have been laid?

Remember that the person being investigated reduced funding to the organisation investigating her by some 60%, so delays are inevitable. Hopefully, one of the side effects of that might be that her sentences don't run concurrently.

For some reason JR I think some people are not concerned about their pay cheques, don't know where that idea came from. Just like the handful of happy campers aren't worried about their pay cheques, sorry I mean wage or cash daily, some sites are paying up to 750-1000 a day now. Hope all and sundry don't need the health insurance, certainly won't have the problem of coughing up the 30 baht if some crazed moron does a number on people. No the department is fully covered on this one, they want the prem and she will find it hard not to show up sooner or later..

If you have no doubt that they are guilty, what does the motivation have to do with it? Should political criminals be given a free pass because their accusers are politicians?

If she had increased NACC funding by 60% rather than reducing it by that amount, there may be others facing similar charges right now. Of course, the NACC didn't need all that money because the amnesty would reduce their workload to near zero. STOP Corruption (Prosecution)!

Send this post to every former government as well as a man charged before the courts with murder, his name is Abhisit..

Cheers

Look here:

There is no "corruption charge" per se, it is broken down into several offenses, like graft, abuse of power, malfeasance, negligence, nepotism etc., some can be broken down further. The rule of thumb is that if you use the power of office for anything else but for the benefit of the nation, then you are corrupt.

To make things even clearer, let's look at "stupidity", this can be broken down as well: commenting without thinking, never looking at the big picture, extreme bias, emotion overruling reason etc., I'm sure you get my drift.

Nicely put!!!!

If found guilty she could face a five-year ban from politics.

is that it - a five year ban from politics?! bet she's looking forward to being found guilty so she has an excuse for getting out of the mess she's created.

or is it incomplete reporting?

Please don't blame Yingluck for this mess. Blame her brother. And blame cultural attitudes because she has to listened to her brother and do as she is bid. That's the way it is in Thai families.

• Like 1

Cheers

Sir you´r so full of s*it I suggest you take something for constipation, it will be good for you.

kikomans information selection is obviously very limited. He refuses read articles like this because this come directly from Yinglucks DPM's

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/651849-well-beat-corruption-new-minister/ New Commerce Minister Niwatthamrong Boonsongpaisan said yesterday he was highly motivated to plug corruption loopholes in the rice-pledging scheme -

Kittiratt admits corruptions found in rice-pledging scheme

BANGKOK, 10 August 2012 (NNT) – Finance Minister Kittiratt Na Ranong has admitted that there have been reports of corruption in the government’s rice-pledging scheme.

Mr Kittiratt said the arrest of the suspects alleged for corruption in the rice-pledging scheme in the Northeast is a good thing. He believed there are more corruption cases that have not been reported. He also stated that he had never promised that the program would totally be be free of corruption . http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/576379-kittiratt-admits-corruptions-found-in-rice-pledging-scheme-thailand/

Cabinet approves budget for police to keep price-pledging scheme transparent

BANGKOK, 30 January 2013 (NNT)-The Cabinet has approved a budget of 157 million baht to be paid to police officials who are hired to watch for dodgy dealers taking part in the government’s rice pledging scheme. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/615622-cabinet-approves-bt157m-for-police-to-keep-price-pledging-scheme-transparent/

• Like 1

Cowardly to the core, like the whole rotten, corrupt group of inbred mutants that is the Shinawatra family. GET OUT NOW and never come back. Go to your puppet master in Dubai and you can both rot there together.

Are you Thai? If not, you must have very strong ties to Thailand to be so passionate; or did the Shinawatras do something to you or your family personally?

It's good to vent sometimes, isn't it?

I have doubts that the caretaker PM has any intention of ever presenting herself for questioning on this charge. As chairperson she either has the answers or knows who does.

Some of the questions that must be addressed

Who proposed and wrote up the guidelines for this program?

Who decided to pay for paddy and who determined the cost to government?

Who approve/inspected those millers/storage facilities, and pay for sevice of same, involved?

Who proposed and allowed the massive loss of grain in transport?

Who verified those signed up for the program (farmers/landowers) had the acreage that they pledged?

Who was tasked to do unannounced monitoring of mills, storage facilities, procedure, insurance, bonds, etc?

Who did spot checks on stored grain back to its farm source?

Where has the income for gain sold gone to in the system?

How much grain has been unaccounted for at mill, storage, transport, and sale destination?

This is just the start to solving the puzzle,I do not think the Commerce, Finance , Interior Ministries nor the PM had the knowledge or where with all to to put this massive of a boondoggle together and operate it without a lot of help and every single individual, company, etc who have been a part of this, should have assets taken, jailed and prohibited from any business, employment, with taxpayer monies.

• Like 1

Send this post to every former government as well as a man charged before the courts with murder, his name is Abhisit..

Do you honestly believe that a trumped up charge will succeed? Wishful thinking is just a polite name for a wank.