Honda PCX remote alarm key

Udox

Just acquired a PCX but it only has one alarm remote, yet has two keys.

Is this normal for Honda?

Our household has had it's fair share of lost keys in the past and I am concerned 'what if' the key with the alarm remote got lost, especially if the alarm was 'set' on' at the time

Is it possible to obtain a second alarm remote from Honda, just in case? (I have the original keys and aluminum number tag that came with them)

My PCX 150 only came with one remote and two keys.

If the alarm is active you can deactivate without a remote by just inserting the key and turning on the ignition.

Don't see how to reactivate without a remote.

You can probably get another from honda if needed.

If the alarm is active you can deactivate without a remote by just inserting the key and turning on the ignition.

When you lock the bike, go all the way to put the steering lock on, then leave the key in while you hold down the left-hand button on the dash until it bleeps (3-4 seconds), then let go and take the key out. Locked & alarmed.

• Like 1

When you lock the bike, go all the way to put the steering lock on, then leave the key in while you hold down the left-hand button on the dash until it bleeps (3-4 seconds), then let go and take the key out. Locked & alarmed.

Thanks had the scooter for 2 years and never found that.

Further to the original post - I spoke with Mityon Honda who were doing a display of bikes outside Big C. I asked if I could obtain a new (spare) remote alarm key.

First girl tells me - no way

Second girl tells me if I lose the remote - just go to the Mityon Honda shop and order another. When I asked how I would get there as my bike is locked and alarmed (supposedly) and I have just lost the key and remote (for example) and the bike alarm is set on - she gave my a wry smile and repeated that they can only get me a replacement if I have lost the original

So I told her - OK then ....... I have lost the original then (if she wants to play games)

She told me - no problem then - just come to the main shop and we will get you one.

Finally !

Further to the original post - I spoke with Mityon Honda who were doing a display of bikes outside Big C. I asked if I could obtain a new (spare) remote alarm key.

First girl tells me - no way

Second girl tells me if I lose the remote - just go to the Mityon Honda shop and order another. When I asked how I would get there as my bike is locked and alarmed (supposedly) and I have just lost the key and remote (for example) and the bike alarm is set on - she gave my a wry smile and repeated that they can only get me a replacement if I have lost the original

So I told her - OK then ....... I have lost the original then (if she wants to play games)

She told me - no problem then - just come to the main shop and we will get you one.

Finally !

Sorry, the middle section of your post makes no sense.

totster :)

In what way does it make no sense ?

The salesgirl told me I can only buy another remote alarm key if I have lost the original. And in that case (if I lose the key) I must take the bike to the Honda main dealer shop.

I asked her that if I have lost the key and the alarm remote - how was I supposed to get my bike over to the main Honda shop (the bike is locked and alarmed and parked somewhere else)

Hence the reason I wanted to by a spare alarm remote/key BEFORE i lose the original, not after.

I don't know how else I can explain this. Does it make sense now?

In what way does it make no sense ?

The salesgirl told me I can only buy another remote alarm key if I have lost the original. And in that case (if I lose the key) I must take the bike to the Honda main dealer shop.

I asked her that if I have lost the key and the alarm remote - how was I supposed to get my bike over to the main Honda shop (the bike is locked and alarmed and parked somewhere else)

Hence the reason I wanted to by a spare alarm remote/key BEFORE i lose the original, not after.

I don't know how else I can explain this. Does it make sense now?

It made perfect sense the 1st time, I think totster had too many beers to comprehend it, lol.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app