Six airports nationwide now offer free WiFi

webfact

Six airports nationwide now offer free WiFi
By English News

1393998965635.jpg

BANGKOK, March 5 - The Airports of Thailand (AoT) has joined with True Corporation to provide free WiFi at six AoT international airports nationwide.

AoT president Sitha Tiwari said the six international airports operated by AoT--including Suvarnabhumi, Don Mueang, Chiang Mai, Mae Fa Luang Chiang Rai, Phuket and Hat Yai--welcomed some 86 million passengers last year. Thus, the "AoT Free WiFi by TrueMove H" project, following caretaker Transport Minister Chadchart Sittipunt's policy, will allow AoT to better facilitate passengers and increase their satisfaction with airport service that is catching up with the standards of leading international airports.

Passengers can now use the free WiFi by selecting the "AoT Free WiFi by TrueMove H" on their device and then register for username and password with their ID or passport numbers. The free WiFi can be used up to two hours a day. Passengers can dial AoT Hotline 1331 around the clock for more information. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-03-05

• Like 1

95% of the time free Wi-Fi in Thailand is not hooked up to the internet. companies get free PR, newspapers sell more copies and it's all BS.... that's why the expression 'are you Thai-ing to me' has become so popular among other Asian nations

The project hasn't even started so no one knows what it'll be like, but the first seven posts on this thread are already writing this off as a failure.

It's a long overdue project, bringing Thai airports into line with others in the region, and I hope it is a success.

• Like 2

I was at the departure gate in Suvarnabhumi a few mornings ago and have to say it's so annoying not being able to use an Ipad there despite having made the effort to go through the charade at the info desk.

To all posters here who made all stupid complpains above:

Free WiFi in BKK airport is in operation since many years!may be more then a decade.I go through BKK airport transit sometime and I used it.It is not perfect and you have to register at info counter with your passport to get access code.

So,I am saying , that I have been using it long time.

If you did not notice free airport WiFi,it means that you never needed it,

it is not for you,why you complain?you are gross BS misters!

Free WiFi in BKK airport is in operation since many years!may be more then a decade.I go through BKK airport transit sometime and I used it.It is not perfect and you have to register at info counter with your passport to get access code.

They are not stupid, maybe it is because at all airports with free WiFi around the world you don't have to register at the counter. Some are so good like the Taoyuan airport Taipei Taiwan that I was able to video chat on Skype with my friend in Phuket on high quality video.

Edited by NamKAheng

They are not stupid, maybe it is because at all airports with free WiFi around the world you don't have to register at the counter. Some are so good like the Taoyuan airport Taipei Taiwan that I was able to video chat on Skype with my friend in Phuket on high quality video.

Thank you for your answer!

Why they register?This is the law in Thailand,they must to register,simple as that.

Why present service is so poor?(I said - not perfect,but in fact it is simply poor!)

The answer is also very simple - conflict of interests:the same company,which

provides free WiFi provides paid WiFi(also poor service) very expensive(6.00$/hr)

At the beginning free time was very stingy 15 mins.!(sic!),now it is 60mins,

New WiFi will give 120 mins - big improvement,and it will be another company,

so let's hope - it will work better.Present situation is international emberassment.

If there is a paid wifi service, and AOT wants to come in with free wifi to put it in line

with other major airports, they will be crossing one of the major business concepts

in Thailand. Which is to not break someone's rice bowl. So if the paid wifi business

has some power behind it, then the free wifi will always be a joke. All sort of sad,

as there is NOWHERE wifi is needed more than to while away boring hours at the

airport. Also that signing in with a password is bullshit too. Perhaps AOT could send

one of their workers to Taipei airport to see the correct way for airport wifi to work.....

<snip>

Why they register?This is the law in Thailand,they must to register,simple as that.

<snip>

What law is that, specific to this airport wifi?

What law is that?

I am not lawyer,I am just internet user and frequent traveler,I am interested

about practicalities,not about laws,laws/regulations are horribly boring.

This subject:free WiFi in BKK airport was discussed here before,so if you

are interested about Thai laws? - follow older threads.

Members:"why bother" and "Buchholz" seemed to be well informed about Thai internet laws.You can contact them.

By the way - they have just introduced form of registration in Singapore

Airport free WiFi,they request your mobile number where they will send sms with

access code.I think they did this reluctantly under pressure from Big Brother.