Thai Interpol arrest wanted Russian drug lord on Koh Samui

Most of us will try to defend the areas where we rent or have bought property, Samui, Phuket, Pattaya wherever. Its our natural instinct.

Just a thought.

It's a good thought because it's true. I can understand the defense from folk who've bought places cos they're sort of stuck where they are. It's usually a very hostile defense from those in the sticks who've bought Tilac and the extended family a nice free mansion. It depends what you want in Samui. Bangrak used to be great but now it's awful. There's seems to be an atmosphere which isn't good. Soi Regge used to be great when big Nick had the PFC bar and Scottish Graham had the pool place. The soi was crowded every night. Now it's a ghost soi. If you go further round the coast there's some beautiful secluded spots. It's a bit quiet for me but great for some. All the places you mention are crap compared to years ago. Most long term expats i speak too agree. I hope it's just a phase on Samui. It's been the " in " place for some time attracting very dubious types.Time will see all them all skint , dead or in the Hilton. The would be new lot will find somewhere else.

No, it's a good thought only because you agree with Postmaster, just an opinion, just like mine that I live in Bangrak by choice and I like living here. There are some good bars here with great expat company to be had.....oh what's the point, you're all so negative, get a life.

lol ,calm yourself down a bit. Times change and places change. I'm happy you like living in Bangrak but you obviously didn't know the area many years ago. It was a much better place. Sure there are some decent guys up there now but there's also a fair share of wanna be gangster muppets. If you don't see the change you ain't been there too long or maybe you're one of em.

Most of us will try to defend the areas where we rent or have bought property, Samui, Phuket, Pattaya wherever. Its our natural instinct.

Just a thought.

It's a good thought because it's true. I can understand the defense from folk who've bought places cos they're sort of stuck where they are. It's usually a very hostile defense from those in the sticks who've bought Tilac and the extended family a nice free mansion. It depends what you want in Samui. Bangrak used to be great but now it's awful. There's seems to be an atmosphere which isn't good. Soi Regge used to be great when big Nick had the PFC bar and Scottish Graham had the pool place. The soi was crowded every night. Now it's a ghost soi. If you go further round the coast there's some beautiful secluded spots. It's a bit quiet for me but great for some. All the places you mention are crap compared to years ago. Most long term expats i speak too agree. I hope it's just a phase on Samui. It's been the " in " place for some time attracting very dubious types.Time will see all them all skint , dead or in the Hilton. The would be new lot will find somewhere else.

No, it's a good thought only because you agree with Postmaster, just an opinion, just like mine that I live in Bangrak by choice and I like living here. There are some good bars here with great expat company to be had.....oh what's the point, you're all so negative, get a life.

lol ,calm yourself down a bit. Times change and places change. I'm happy you like living in Bangrak but you obviously didn't know the area many years ago. It was a much better place. Sure there are some decent guys up there now but there's also a fair share of wanna be gangster muppets. If you don't see the change you ain't been there too long or maybe you're one of em.

Hey man, I'm calm, I've just told you I enjoy my life here. Maybe I've not been here as long as you - 14 years to date for me (how long for you?) and yes of course there have been changes just like everywhere in the world, some for the better, some worse. Life is as good as you make it wherever you live and I enjoy a good life here in NE Samui.

By the way, where do you live nanapong?

Samui is no better or worse than any other place in Thailand where tourist go. There are gangsters, pimps, paedos in all parts of the world , for a peaceful island life you have to go at least 4km off the ring road there you will find peace, tranquility and an abundance if wild life years ago Bangrak was a great place it is now the den of thieves only recently the British owner of Dreamers was shipped back to the UK and I heard the number two police boss was moved to a desk job so it appears at long last the police have decided to clean up the place and drive these nasty people out

Agree! ....but you don't even have to go 4 kms off the ring road to find peace and tranquility.... I am 100 meters off the ring road and 300 meters to a nice quiet beach area in Maenam.... none of the crap that goes on in some areas .... If you look for trouble you'll find it.... but easily avoidable.....and many areas of Samui you can find the same! facepalm.gif

Shussssssssh jimmy, tell em that and all the buggers will come here. sad.png

Think your OK most could not afford the flight.smile.png

Koh Samui is a hotbed of criminals of all nationalities. Dreadful place.

It's not a dread full place just some people are more stupid than others

Still reasonably safeto walk streets

And most violent crime is due to long running disputes

There are some people that attack tourists on occasion but they her caught quickly most of the time

The thing about the island is that it is hard to run

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app