Missing Malaysia Airlines jet carrying 239 triggers Southeast Asia search

webfact

KUALA LUMPUR, April 28 — A marine exploration company based in Australia believes it may have found the wreckage site of Flight MH370 in the Bay of Bengal, some 5,000km north of an ongoing multination hunt for the missing Malaysia Airlines plane.

Australian news channel 7News reported today GeoResonance saying its research identified elements on the ocean floor in the Bay of Bengal consistent with material from a Boeing 777 plane, which matches the missing jetliner that disappeared in the early hours of March 8.

“We identified chemical elements and materials that make up a Boeing 777... these are aluminium, titanium, copper, steel alloys and other materials,” Pavel Kursa, a spokeman from GeoResonance was quoted saying.

GeoResonance’s company scientists reportedly searched two million square kilometres of the possible crash area with the use of over 20 technologies, including a nuclear reactor, to analyse satellite data and aircraft images to trace the missing Boeing 77-200ER’S last known location.

“Our team was very excited when we found what we believe to be the wreckage of a commercial airliner,” another GeoResonance spokesman, David Pope, was quoted saying.

Pope said the company’s experts compared their findings with images taken on March 5, three days before Flight MH370 was reported missing — and they did not find what they had detected at that spot.

- See more at: http://www.themalaymailonline.com/malaysia/article/aussie-firm-claims-mh370-wreckage-found-in-bay-of-bengal#sthash.dgKcZFiU.dpuf

More here - Themalaymaionline

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can see a case for having it shot down, and that is if it was about to be used as a missile in a terrorist attack, but that wasn't the situation.

So if you know that wasn't the situation, then you must know what was the actual situation.

We are all ears to your revelations now.

What bizarre logic. I don't have to know what DID happen to speculate on what DIDN'T happen. What did happen may/could be anything that didn't happen, but I'm not speculating on that.

That's akin to saying ,"dogs have tails, therefore everything with a tail is a dog!!"

It would have been better if you'd posted, "So if you know that wasn't the situation, what do you think may have been the situation."

If it was a terrorist threat, it would have been shot down close to the coast, on its return to KL or other city in SE Asia, so there would be plentiful wreckage. It probably wasn't a terrorist threat thousands of kilometers from land?? I got it, the terrorists were threatening to crash it into the sea and kill all on board, so the military shot it down.......and it crashed into the sea killing all on board?? Thats it.

It happened early on Saturday morning, and from my time in the military, not much is happening from stand down Friday until stand to Monday, probably excepting the US and Israel, and the chances of scrambling fighters to intercept a target within an hour would be low to nil. Why would terrorists fly it around, threatening to drive it into the Petronas Towers, or other target, giving the military time to prepare. It would have been done soon after the turn back.

You may now continue being all ears......stand down!

So you have no idea about what happened but you ridicule my opinion as offensive ? Sorry, I should have looked up that you and 2 others own this thread and are the only ones that come up with ridiculous conspiracies opinions.

It happened early on Saturday morning, and from my time in the military, not much is happening from stand down Friday until stand to Monday, probably excepting the US and Israel, and the chances of scrambling fighters to intercept a target within an hour would be low to nil.

So according to your military experience, during weekends terrorists have a field day, or is there a mutual agreement that they take off also on weekends cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

I have an idea what your military time exists of, but I'm not gonna post it, because with comments like that everybody will know already

Jesse, my boy, you really need a few lessons in comprehension.

I found only one post offensive, and only because you inferred that a poster was American solely because he posted a 'smiley' that may have indicated he had a contrary opinion, or that yours was wrong/boring. Americans are not responsible for all the ills on the planet, though there are some recalcitrants, and conspiracy theorists, who do believe that.

I'm prepared to listen to all views, and I think we may all be surprised when there is an answer to this riddle, as there will inevitably be.

Ask others with military experience what happens on most/many bases on weekends. The answer will be the same as mine, not much. The military is there for defence purposes, and if they are called upon to intercept civilian targets they will do so if able. If there was a significant terrorist threat, they may well be on standby. Unless there is a reason to be active on weekends, most bases are Monday to Friday operations, but of course I'm not familiar with what happens in all countries, nor would I suggest that I am.

I didn't say, or even suggest, that terrorists have a field day/s on weekends. You're drawing that conclusion, and one which was not intended by me. So far, to the best of my knowledge, and I may be wrong, the incidence of the military intercepting and shooting down aircraft taken over by terrorists is zero, either during the week or on weekends, so that hasn't been tested.

I could tell you what my military time consists of, but you wouldn't believe it, so why bother. You've formed an opinion, and if your sense of logic and powers of comprehension are any guide, you will be unswayed.

I won't be drawn into a pi$$ing contest Jesse, so let's just agree to disagree. Is that a deal?

Incidentally, your first para should read".....the only ones WHO (not that), etc." 'That' is used for animals and inanimate objects, 'who' is used for people.

Edited by F4UCorsair

Can somebody give me an update please?

There were previous mentions of the GeoResonance 'findings' possibly being a publicity stunt.

Are the authorities taking this potential discovery seriously and investigating accordingly?

tnx.

I think this answers the question

7News tried to contact the office of search co-coordinator Angus Houston today but there was no response.

Some people/organizations know no shame when it comes to self promotion.

Edited by F4UCorsair

There were previous mentions of the GeoResonance 'findings' possibly being a publicity stunt.

Are the authorities taking this potential discovery seriously and investigating accordingly?

tnx.

7News tried to contact the office of search co-coordinator Angus Houston today but there was no response.

Pilot claims to have found plane, It may be in the Gulf of Thailand where it's last communication was from.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/world/a/23053697/pilot-claims-to-have-found-image-of-missing-mh370/

Edited by OZEMADE

It wouldn't surprise me if it was found in the Gulf of Thailand, put it that way.

I'm still waiting for somebody to prove conclusively that what the oil rig worker saw off the coast of Vietnam as a burning aircraft in the sky at the precise time of disappearance was a false lead.

That possible sighting was reported within 12 hours of the disappearance.

One of the primary arguments against the Gulf of Thailand is it's a busy shipping lane, so somebody would have seen something.

Maybe the oil rig worker was one person who did see something and had the sense to report it.

tnx.

I have to disagree with you on this one. If Georesonance were after self promotion, they would have released their findings to the media more than two weeks ago when they initially located the 'signatures' of all these elements in the Bay of Bengal. Instead they quietly forwarded their findings to the JACC, and then continued working to verify their findings, and determine that these 'signatures' were not there before MH370 disappeared.

It would seem that the media have sought them out. Their efforts seem to be a legitimate attempt to use other technology in the search, technology which they have used often before in locating underwater munitions and wreckage. They have made no claim of finding MH370, but rather claim they have found something there which wasn't there before. It could be anything, including detritus from India's recent anti ICBM tests. It seems to be at least worth a look.

It wouldn't surprise me if it was found in the Gulf of Thailand, put it that way.

I'm still waiting for somebody to prove conclusively that what the oil rig worker saw off the coast of Vietnam as a burning aircraft in the sky at the precise time of disappearance was a false lead.

One of the primary arguments against the Gulf of Thailand is it's a busy shipping lane, so somebody would have seen something.

Maybe the oil rig worker was one person who did see something and had the sense to report it.

Doesn't explain the Inmarsat tracking though P45?? That the search is widening in the southern Indian Ocean indicates that the authorities are convinced it's down that way.....unless it's all a red herring, and it's in a hangar somewhere with the pax as hostages?? I don't believe that for a second though.

This is deepening into one of the greatest aviation mysteries of all time, along with the disappearances of Amelia Earhart and Kingsford Smith, and the disappearance of the flight of Avengers in the Bermuda Triangle.

Edited by F4UCorsair

MH370: Australian exploration company believes it may have found plane

australia-ship-wpcf_728x413.jpg

An Australian exploration company has claimed that it has found the wreckage of missing Malaysia Airlines (MAS) flight MH370, six weeks after it left Kuala Lumpur International Airport for Beijing on March 8, reported The Star Online.

Adelaide-based GeoResonance said on Monday that stated that it had begun its own search for the missing Boeing 777 March 10 and that it has detected possible wreckage in the Bay of Bengal, 5000km away from the current search location in the southern Indian Ocean off Perth.

GeoResonance’s search covered 2,000,000 square kilometres of the possible crash zone, using images obtained from satellites and aircraft, with company scientists focusing their efforts north of MH370’s last known location, using over 20 technologies to analyse the data including a nuclear reactor.

According to company spokesperson David Pope, “The technology that we use was originally designed to find nuclear warheads, submarines. Our team in the Ukraine decided we should try and help.”

Pope added GeoResonance had compared their findings with images taken on March 5, three days before MH370 was reported missing – and they did not find what they had detected at that spot.

“The wreckage wasn’t there prior to the disappearance of MH370. We’re not trying to say that it definitely is MH370, however it is a lead we feel should be followed up,” said Pope.

Source: http://englishnews.t...may-found-plane

xthaipbs_logo.jpg.pagespeed.ic.xwuNWP8G4
-- Thai PBS 2014-04-29

tnx.

I have to disagree with you on this one. If Georesonance were after self promotion, they would have released their findings to the media more than two weeks ago when they initially located the 'signatures' of all these elements in the Bay of Bengal. Instead they quietly forwarded their findings to the JACC, and then continued working to verify their findings, and determine that these 'signatures' were not there before MH370 disappeared.

It would seem that the media have sought them out. Their efforts seem to be a legitimate attempt to use other technology in the search, technology which they have used often before in locating underwater munitions and wreckage. They have made no claim of finding MH370, but rather claim they have found something there which wasn't there before. It could be anything, including detritus from India's recent anti ICBM tests. It seems to be at least worth a look.

I can't validate what an earlier poster says, and that was that mainstream media organizations were taking that out of their bulletins, and several posts on prune that mentioned it were removed.

It seems the organization headed by Houston isn't attaching much credibility to it??

As I said in another post, that can't be explained by the tracking from the Inmarsat satellite.....but I may be wrong, along with many others.

Edited by F4UCorsair

tnx.

Does Search Co-Ordinator Houston not taking calls from news agency suggest GeoResonance are talking bull?

Failure to reach GeoResonance may be indicative of something, but even that could be explainable.

Doesn't explain the Inmarsat tracking though P45?? That the search is widening in the southern Indian Ocean indicates that the authorities are convinced it's down that way.....unless it's all a red herring, and it's in a hangar somewhere with the pax as hostages?? I don't believe that for a second though.

This is deepening into one of the greatest aviation mysteries of all time, along with the disappearances of Amelia Earhart and Kingsford Smith, and the disappearance of the flight of Avengers in the Bermuda Triangle.

Inmarsat data and extrapolations from such data don't fill me with confidence.

This is a little cynical or pessimistic I know.

But in the absence of confirmatory or other data of flight path Inmarsat could be in pole position, if you understand me?

Not suggesting necessarily that inmarsat are on a publicity drive, but is their data any more reliable than GeoResonance.

If GeoResonance have found it...brilliant.

tnx.

Pilot claims to have found plane, It may be in the Gulf of Thailand where it's last communication was from.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/world/a/23053697/pilot-claims-to-have-found-image-of-missing-mh370/

What a poorly done story. Since it was from a crowdsourcing site, they could easily have pointed people to that location this guy identified. I went on there and it goes by map numbers. Change the map number at the tail end of the URL and it switches to that map. So which map is it?

It doesn't look like a plane. The wing is swept back at the wrong angle. But without the context it is hard to tell. The scale on my map is way smaller than what his seems to be by the photo of his screen. About 1cm on the map on my screen is 20 meters. Diagonally, a "map" is 38 cm, or 760 meters. On his photo on my screen, the "plane" is 3 cm of the 7 cm diagonal. If it is the same scale, 760 meters, would be 108.6 meters per cm on the picture of his screen, so about 325 meters long for the "plane".

Clearly he has taken a screenshot and zoomed if he says that's 210 feet. No way to zoom or save the picture that I can figure out.. If so, it would really help to see the whole photo to see if those are just clouds or similar sandbar type stuff to others in the area.

tnx.

What a poorly done story. Since it was from a crowdsourcing site, they could easily have pointed people to that location this guy identified. I went on there and it goes by map numbers. Change the map number at the tail end of the URL and it switches to that map. So which map is it?

It doesn't look like a plane. The wing is swept back at the wrong angle. But without the context it is hard to tell. The scale on my map is way smaller than what his seems to be by the photo of his screen. About 1cm on the map on my screen is 20 meters. Diagonally, a "map" is 38 cm, or 760 meters. On his photo on my screen, the "plane" is 3 cm of the 7 cm diagonal. If it is the same scale, 760 meters, would be 108.6 meters per cm on the picture of his screen, so about 325 meters long for the "plane".

Clearly he has taken a screenshot and zoomed if he says that's 210 feet. No way to zoom or save the picture that I can figure out.. If so, it would really help to see the whole photo to see if those are just clouds or similar sandbar type stuff to others in the area.

Screenshot of a map attached. You can see the scale at the bottom. Top is "20 m" and bottom is "100 feet". So a 210 ft object is a fairly small object on the screen. Though would be very noticeable except it would be very nice to know if there are many clouds or sand bars in that area.

post-25148-0-36609900-1398756407_thumb.j

Edited by Carmine6

I cannot believe that in this day and age of hi tec, the search is reliant on pings detected by a comms satellite not designed for the tracking of aircraft.

facepalm.gif

Somebody knows something and it's possibly globally, or at least regionally, red hot.

Edited by P45Mustang

I cannot believe that in this day and age of hi tec, the search is reliant on pings detected by a comms satellite not designed for the tracking of aircraft.

Well it's not now, is it? It's reliant on pings detected from the recorders (supposedly).

tnx.

A possible identification such as this in a given location should be so easy to go and physically verify, surely it would be a very simple exercise to confirm either way?

tnx.

A possible identification such as this in a given location should be so easy to go and physically verify, surely it would be a very simple exercise to confirm either way?
Yes because if the red dot is in the right position, the water is only 70-80m deep and again if the red dot show in the map is correct there is big oil & gas platform very close to this location, are there any coordinates given for what has been seen ? Edited by Soutpeel

Cannot find any other major news source carrying this story.

It's pretty widespread now -- just saw it on Newsasia. Earlier on Thai PBS. I am referring to Georesonance, not the "pilot" in New York.

Edited by tigermonkey

So you have no idea about what happened but you ridicule my opinion as offensive ? Sorry, I should have looked up that you and 2 others own this thread and are the only ones that come up with ridiculous conspiracies opinions.

It happened early on Saturday morning, and from my time in the military, not much is happening from stand down Friday until stand to Monday, probably excepting the US and Israel, and the chances of scrambling fighters to intercept a target within an hour would be low to nil.

So according to your military experience, during weekends terrorists have a field day, or is there a mutual agreement that they take off also on weekends cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

I have an idea what your military time exists of, but I'm not gonna post it, because with comments like that everybody will know already

Jesse, my boy, you really need a few lessons in comprehension.

I found only one post offensive, and only because you inferred that a poster was American solely because he posted a 'smiley' that may have indicated he had a contrary opinion, or that yours was wrong/boring. Americans are not responsible for all the ills on the planet, though there are some recalcitrants, and conspiracy theorists, who do believe that.

I'm prepared to listen to all views, and I think we may all be surprised when there is an answer to this riddle, as there will inevitably be.

Ask others with military experience what happens on most/many bases on weekends. The answer will be the same as mine, not much. The military is there for defence purposes, and if they are called upon to intercept civilian targets they will do so if able. If there was a significant terrorist threat, they may well be on standby. Unless there is a reason to be active on weekends, most bases are Monday to Friday operations, but of course I'm not familiar with what happens in all countries, nor would I suggest that I am.

I didn't say, or even suggest, that terrorists have a field day/s on weekends. You're drawing that conclusion, and one which was not intended by me. So far, to the best of my knowledge, and I may be wrong, the incidence of the military intercepting and shooting down aircraft taken over by terrorists is zero, either during the week or on weekends, so that hasn't been tested.

I could tell you what my military time consists of, but you wouldn't believe it, so why bother. You've formed an opinion, and if your sense of logic and powers of comprehension are any guide, you will be unswayed.

I won't be drawn into a pi$$ing contest Jesse, so let's just agree to disagree. Is that a deal?

Incidentally, your first para should read".....the only ones WHO (not that), etc." 'That' is used for animals and inanimate objects, 'who' is used for people.

Thanks for your explanation. What I can COMPREHEND from it is that

a. In the weekends there are indeed no terrorist actions, but if so they inform the military upfront.

b. You also seem to be an officer of the spelling/grammar police force. Ever considered that not everybody on this forum is a native English speaker ?

If you want we can always continue the discussion in MY native language and see what your achievements are then.

Seems some think 'fly by wire' gives the ability to ground base remote control an aircraft. Fly by wire has been around since 1958 then the Concorde in 1969 and Airbus started using them in the 1980's. It's strictly removing the direct mechanical links to the flight systems and replaced by computer linked to the cockpit control via 'wires' either electrical or optical. Of course many fighter jets have them also for a long time.

There is an extremely low likely hood that any aircraft certification approval would be given for ground base flying (remote) of a commercial airliner due to the serious safety factors involved. As for the earlier post, it is being misinterpreted as to what the technical details are really saying.

Exactly right. +1. Fly-by-wire does NOT imply remote control capability. (Now someone's gonna' say that it DOES, because in a sense even the pilot is flying by remote control... Obviously though, we're talking here about the possibility of remote control from a ground station or other aircraft, which would require a data link and additional components nowhere mentioned or referred to in the TO that was cited.)

Tag on to hawker9000 about "Fly BY Wire". The B777 uses this technology, but it is a captive system not a remote control. The Flight Control signal begins with the Crew Member making a change in the position of the Flight Controls by turning the Control Wheel/Column which is linked to an RVDT (Rotary Variable Displacement Transmitter) this signal goes to the FCC (Flight Control Computer) which evaluates the signal and sends a signal to the appropriate Power Control Servo Actuator which will move the flight control to the required position. There is a Transducer on the Actuator to feedback from the control surface a signal to the FCC to say I am where you told me to go.

This is all done by Shielded Wiring installed on the aircraft and is not a remote control system. The Airbus does the same only uses a Joy Stick instead of a control column or control wheel.

Jerry

Video not quite accurate to your point (Plus this isn't fly by wire... referring to Onboard computer modes....) should have read on further:

You mean I should have read pages of inane comments on Youtube from clueless individuals trying to make out they know more than they actually do because they've read a page on the Internet and assume it's the last word on the subject?

And now you're an expert on Airbus automated flight control, from watching a video you'd never heard of and reading comments from people who make less sense than you do.

I swear, one just can't make this stuff up.

cheesy.gif

a. In the weekends there are indeed no terrorist actions, but if so they inform the military upfront.

b. You also seem to be an officer of the spelling/grammar police force. Ever considered that not everybody on this forum is a native English speaker ?

If you want we can always continue the discussion in MY native language and see what your achievements are then.

Ever considered that somebody who objects to US bashing may not be American.

smile.png

By the way, what is your native language so I can communicate properly with you?

Edited by P45Mustang

Ever considered that somebody who objects to US bashing may not be American.

smile.png

I love the smell of people who call everything, that doesn't suit them, bashing in the morning.

Edited by JesseFrank