Two special warfare soldiers arrested by Bangkok metropolitan police

webfact

Actually it is you who is twisting what he said.

Post 1: 100,000 with a million weapons.

Post 2: Jarupong said that Thais have 10 million guns.

You have added 1+1 and got 3.

Try and be honest when commenting on posts.

utter BS

you need some glasses? read the posts - he says 100,000 have ONE MILLION WEAPONS and was laughed at by several posters then mentions a CNN article claiming 'Thais have 10m weapons' where's the connection?

The BS is yours.

He made two posts & you twisted them into one. The connection was made by you - deliberate distortion.

he said:

WOW. Soldiers with weapons and ammunition after receiving news that 100 000 armed militia are forming up north with a million weapons

where did that come from?

then he linked the 10 million weapons from a CNN article - utter, utter propaganda then you seek to obfuscate further

And you posted:

where did he say 100,000 have 10m weapons? he said 'Thais own 10 million guns'

No one said that 100,000 have 10m weapons. That's your distortion.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

this is certainly a land where unlicensed weapons of war are everywhere and their interception now hardly is mundane news. After the Laksi shooting the Military spokesperson's rebuttal that the weapons used by the PDRC shooter (with support from his spotter) did not belong to them could have been true (there is certainly a difference between handling an inventoried / issued weapon as opposed to just using one of a large number of grey channel un-registered weapons apparently in circulation). At least any incriminating evidence ... like an empty popcorn bag was not found.. that would have really been embarrassing. Some of the TV members should try to get access to the RTPF and PDRC LINE discussion groups.. even though they both at times appear biased - you can read between the lines or at least make sense from some the quite informative photos - and they are at least a day ahead of the regurgitated mainstream news and there are no moderators! facepalm.gif

Edited by Bkk Cruiser

In my opinion soldiers of any description carrying arms whilst not permitted to do so should be brought up on possession of firearms charges, court-martialled, receive dishonourable discharge and charged with the harshest possible sentence to set a precedent and to be made an example of. A full inquiry should be conducted as to how they were able to come by these weapons and firearms and those in connection face charges as well. Those that deal tools of death should face harsher consequences than drug dealers.

See, I don't for a moment believe these guys were not following orders. We don't know what they were ordered to do, but I absolutely do not believe this was unauthorized behavior on their part. I don't believe they were engaged in the private sale of ammunition and a gun. There is a legal requirement that when members of the military are arrested the police must notify the military command and then wait for a military staff judge advocate (military lawyer) comes to supervise matters. That's what happened here, so we haven't heard from the soldiers themselves what they were supposed to be up to, but I predict that once the staff judge advocate gets there he will require that the soldiers be turned over to their command for the matter to be handled by the military court. National security, don't you know.

WOW. Soldiers with weapons and ammunition after receiving news that 100 000 armed militia are forming up north with a million weapons. Who would have thought. Maybe the next news story will be nurses caught with blankets, hospital food and IV drips in the back of their pick up.

When the red shirts actually blow something up it is defense, denial and scapegoating.

When soldiers are not blowing something up they are carrying out top secret PDRC missions to attack themselves apparently!

I tellz ya, those aint coffee beans in your coffee.

Where are y getting your info about the 100,000 ARMED MILITIA??????????

*** is a special warfare soldier ... ? cheesy.gif

it's a soldier who fights wars that are special!! come on mate, use your imagination!!

As for the ammo, there's over 500 rounds in that box. Moonlighting? more like flogging ammo to the PDRC wink.png

Might be my eyesight, but didn't notice anything that indicates "over 500 rounds". That said, a clip holds 30 rounds, and I do recall having ro carry quite a few of those back when...

Edit: ok just saw the pic now.

It didn't say mate, but I've filled a few of these in recent years, I'm being conservative at 500 as well wink.png

Jamie,

Soldiers on duty tend to have their basic load/kit with them, and have their mags "bombed" up (loaded) and not loose like they were in that box.

That box holds over 500 rounds.

I was amusing myself by checking whether the special forces command at Lopburi came up in any other recent stories except the court hearings into the 2010 temple shootings, and noticed that they were also mentioned (inconclusively?) in relation to the Sondhi assassination attempt.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/280429-2-arrest-warrants-issued-in-sondhi-assassination-attempt/page-4

Like the SEALs, this seems an interesting outfit.

If these soldiers had have been rounded up near a red group of protestors, would they have been arrested and would it have made headline news?

and if this was a war irregular soldiers masquerading as civilians would be treated as spies.

The penalty would be....

In Thailand I believe it's death by firing squad....... and/or a five hundred baht fine.

• Like 2

In my opinion soldiers of any description carrying arms whilst not permitted to do so should be brought up on possession of firearms charges, court-martialled, receive dishonourable discharge and charged with the harshest possible sentence to set a precedent and to be made an example of. A full inquiry should be conducted as to how they were able to come by these weapons and firearms and those in connection face charges as well. Those that deal tools of death should face harsher consequences than drug dealers.

See, I don't for a moment believe these guys were not following orders. We don't know what they were ordered to do, but I absolutely do not believe this was unauthorized behavior on their part. I don't believe they were engaged in the private sale of ammunition and a gun. There is a legal requirement that when members of the military are arrested the police must notify the military command and then wait for a military staff judge advocate (military lawyer) comes to supervise matters. That's what happened here, so we haven't heard from the soldiers themselves what they were supposed to be up to, but I predict that once the staff judge advocate gets there he will require that the soldiers be turned over to their command for the matter to be handled by the military court. National security, don't you know.
Well for starters, they are NOT guns, rather rifle's. So if you aren't sure of the difference don't post as its obvious that it appears educational standards in some places are very low. Next.

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

*** is a special warfare soldier ... ? cheesy.gif

It version of the "Australian Special Forces"

But when was the last time Thailand was involved in any warfare?

They have had a go at the Cambodians a couple of times when they were'nt looking or expecting it. And they have been known to 'knock off' a few Cambodian civilians.

what interests me about this story is the fact that the police don't seem to be able to intercept any of the nightly protest assailants - somehow they have been getting through the net of police checkpoints for weeks - go figure

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/710037-man-injured-in-explosion-near-lumpini-park/

explosion occurred near a tent of security guards of the PDRC or about 100 metres from the rally stage. It said a guard was severely injured.

Edited by smedly

WOW. Soldiers with weapons and ammunition after receiving news that 100 000 armed militia are forming up north with a million weapons. Who would have thought. Maybe the next news story will be nurses caught with blankets, hospital food and IV drips in the back of their pick up.

When the red shirts actually blow something up it is defense, denial and scapegoating.

When soldiers are not blowing something up they are carrying out top secret PDRC missions to attack themselves apparently!

I tellz ya, those aint coffee beans in your coffee.

All youse Bombers supporters .... dreamin' as usual