Joint supplements in Thailand?

VisaEd

As one who has conduced several nutrition surveys in Cambodia (the most recent being less than a year ago) I can attest that there is nothing remotely "Western" about Cambodian eating habits. 70-80% of the total calories of rural people is from rice. Meat and fish are consumed in minute quantities, usually in watery soups. There are lots of nutritional problems, but they are not at all the same as in the west.

I buy VitaHealth Flaxseed Oil 1000mg vegicaps at a pharmacy in Chiang Mai. It's across from the Hotel M, just inside Thapae Gate. 660 baht for a bottle of 60 capsules.

The label says it each capsule contains 575 mg omega 3, 175 mg omega 6 and 175 mg omega 9.

The lady who owns the shop gets the product from a distributor in Bangkok, so presumably it's available from other stores in Thailand. It's made in Australia and imported by VitaHealth (Thailand) Co. Ltd.

you can buy online from this shop in Bangkok: Shop PeTcHy

vitamin supplements, bakery equipment, ice cream equipment

http://www.petchyshop.com/store/product/%E0%B9%88joint_support-1688501-en.html

they have Osteo Bi Flex (and many other vitamins), it was 1299 baht plus 38 baht for post fees but they have taken down prices on all the supplements for some reason, so I guess you have to email for prices... my pharmacy gave me this site and they have the best prices I have found on Osteo Bi Flex in Thailand.

This is not a direct reply but MAY save you years of research and doctors shrugging shoulders...

tendinosis.org

I had Dx of golfers elbow, osteo arthritis, inflammation, food allergy, tendonitis.

Nope, it's tendinosis. I still take fish oil, and sometimes glucosamine, chondroitin and MSM. More into hyaluronic acid, gelatin and collagen now (there are 3 types).

Just tossing it out there!

Edited by ding
  • Like 1

This is not a direct reply but MAY save you years of research and doctors shrugging shoulders...

tendinosis.org

I had Dx of golfers elbow, osteo arthritis, inflammation, food allergy, tendonitis.

Nope, it's tendinosis. I still take fish oil, and sometimes glucosamine, chondroitin and MSM. More into hyaluronic acid, gelatin and collagen now (there are 3 types).

I am looking for hyaluronic acid but the pharmacies just shrug their shoulders here in Thailand, can you tell me more about how you take it or in what form, where to get it? It is suppose to be the ingregient in Osteo Biflex to help re inflate a compressed disc, thanks, Paul

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

tendinosis.org

I am looking for hyaluronic acid but the pharmacies just shrug their shoulders here in Thailand, can you tell me more about how you take it or in what form, where to get it? It is suppose to be the ingregient in Osteo Biflex to help re inflate a compressed disc, thanks, Paul

Sorry for the delay - I get mine here, if it helps;

http://www.allstarhealth.com/f/jarrow-bioavailable_hyaluronic_acid.htm

Collagen 2

"Bioavailable Hyaluronic Acid Description from JARROW

BioCell Collagen II is a low molecular weight, water-soluble glycosaminoglycan complex completely derived from chicken sternum cartilage and is standardized to naturally contain at least 20% chondroitin sulfate and 10% hyaluronic acid (50 mg per capsule).

Hyaluronic acid provides the fluid matrix for joint lubrication, skin hydration, and skin repair. Unlike ordinary collagen products, patented BioCell Collagen II? is a rich source of bioavailable hyaluronic acid and is clinically proven to support joint health."

I'm 95% pain free now. Not sure what did it for me, after years of suffering. I did many things to get rid of it so can't pin it down with precision. Back lifting heavy but with care, focus on time under tension and form.