Is the Validity of my Entry Stamp Limited to the Duration of the Visa?

I am a UK citizen and have a non immigrant O 12 month multi entry Visa. I'd like to stay as long as possible, so clearly will be doing "visa runs" to renew my entry stamps (3 months at a time). When I get towards the end of the validity of my Visa, will the permitted stay until date extend beyond the Visa date?

In other words, can I do a journey outside of Thailand, return to the Thai border on the last day of validity of my Visa and still get a 3 month entry stamp?

Chris

• Like 1

The Visa was obtained from the Thai Consul in Cardiff. It's a "retirement" visa, although I was unable to discern any criteria other than they wanted to know my income after tax. Mine actually fell slightly below the alleged threshold, but the Consul didn't seem too concerned by this. They took copies of recent bank statements to verify the income. I rang first and spoke to the Consul in person and this seemed to greatly ease the process.

Chris

The Visa was obtained from the Thai Consul in Cardiff. It's a "retirement" visa, although I was unable to discern any criteria other than they wanted to know my income after tax. Mine actually fell slightly below the alleged threshold, but the Consul didn't seem too concerned by this. They took copies of recent bank statements to verify the income. I rang first and spoke to the Consul in person and this seemed to greatly ease the process.

Chris

Please forgive me for seemingly remaining constantly confused concerning visas/extension of stays.

So my question is this. The OP tells us that he has a non imm o based on retirement multi entry visa - not an extension of stay. Wouldn't he get a 12 month extension when he leaves the country and returns - subject, of course to the limitations generated by the visa's issue date?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by SpokaneAl

Chris

Please forgive me for seemingly remaining constantly confused concerning visas/extension of stays.

So my question is this. The OP tells us that he has a non imm o based on retirement multi entry visa - not an extension of stay. Wouldn't he get a 12 month extension when he leaves the country and returns - subject, of course to the limitations generated by the visa's issue date?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

A non-o only gives 90 day entries. You are thinking about a multiple entry non-oa visa that allows a new one year entry (it is not an extension) for every entry..

A OA visa can only be obtained at an embassy or official consulate.

• Like 1

Sounds like she didn't actually give you a retirement visa. A retirement visa is for a year & you don't have to leave & come back. You may want to apply for a retirement visa proper, which you can renew year-on-year indefinately, if you want to stay indefinately. You need combined income and money in a Thai bank of 800K baht.

--Steve

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Sounds like she didn't actually give you a retirement visa. A retirement visa is for a year & you don't have to leave & come back. You may want to apply for a retirement visa proper, which you can renew year-on-year indefinately, if you want to stay indefinately. You need combined income and money in a Thai bank of 800K baht.

--Steve

There are no "retirement visas" !

Can you further explain how this one year stay is obtained indefinitely ?

Edited by thepool

Hi Chris,

I didn't go to all replies but the first few I read where not correct.

Your last entry stamp will only be until the end of your visa.

You won't get a 90 days stamp when you enter a few days before the visa expires.

I suggest that you get a visa extension in time.

Good luck with.

'In other words, can I do a journey outside of Thailand, return to the Thai border on the last day of validity of my Visa and still get a 3 month entry stamp?' In a word, yes, though you would be wise to allow a little more leeway than the very last day.

Edited by Jonmarleesco

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Hi Chris,
You won't get a 90 days stamp when you enter a few days before the visa expires.
Good luck with.

Please refrain from posting inaccurate information.

If the visa is valid at the time of entry a 90 day stay will be given.

Hi Chris,

Good luck with.

That is not correct.

If you have a multiple entry visa you will get a 90 day entry up to the date it expires. The visa sticker has a enter before date on it and that is what it means.

The visas expiration date is only the last day you can use the visa it does not limit the amount of time you can be in the country.

Now it´s getting confusing. My Non-Immigrant visa Category O Sayes enter before 7. Marts 2014. So on the 5 Marts 2014, I made a visa run to Laos, and went back the same day with a stamp that I can stay here until 2. June 20104.

Leo

Hi Chris,
Good luck with.

Now it´s getting confusing. My Non-Immigrant visa Category O Sayes enter before 7. Marts 2014. So on the 5 Marts 2014, I made a visa run to Laos, and went back the same day with a stamp that I can stay here until 2. June 20104.

Leo

Hi Chris,

Good luck with.

It's simple: this post by MaxSida is absolute nonsense, and completely incorrect.

It would be better if posts like this, which consist only of a completely incorrect and therefore useless and confusing statement, were just deleted.

• Like 1

Hi Chris,

Good luck with.

That is not correct.

If you have a multiple entry visa you will get a 90 day entry up to the date it expires. The visa sticker has a enter before date on it and that is what it means.

The visas expiration date is only the last day you can use the visa it does not limit the amount of time you can be in the country.

ubonjoe is absolutely correct again. My one year multipleO visa based on marriage expires this week but because I crossed into Laos last week and got a new entry stamp back into Thailand, I now have another 3 months before I need to sort out a new multiO visa. Thus these 12 month visas are good for 15 months.

Leo

Hi Chris,

Good luck with.

Correct....PRESUMING it is a multiple entry!

I have the same visa as you, obtained in the UK, and requiring i leave thailand at least every 90 days. I recently did exactly as you suggest went to kuala lumpur returning to thailand 2 days before my visa expired. I got another 90 day stamp on arrival.

posted from my Samsung using Tapatalk 2.